The Missing Computer Shop

Bluesofa

My friend Faraday was looking to buy a bag (carry-case) for his laptop, but was struggling to find a suitable one.

I remembered there was a shop in Udon on Nittayo Road called Nano Creative. The last time I went in a few years ago they appeared to have a lot of computers, spare parts, and accessories in stock.

As I couldn’t remember exactly where they were, but knew it to within a kilometre, I looked on Google Street View. I trawled along the pictures of shops along the road. Nothing, even though there was an entry elsewhere indicating the same place I remembered.

As a last resort I saw a Facebook entry for Nano Creative.
Clicked it and saw an entry saying they had updated their address. The link took me to another page with a map saying they had moved to Prachasanti Road (about 2km away).

I went with Faraday to find the new shop and hopefully a laptop case too. We found new the address they had specified. No Nano Creative there.
Faraday found a different link for their new location. When he followed that one, it took him to somewhere a further 2km away, indicating the junction of the Udon Ring Road and Khon Kaen Road. When we arrived there was nothing there either.

I thought I would phone them up. Called the landline number listed.
After a wait I spoke to someone who was confused when I asked the location of their shop. I realised why there was confusion as the person I spoke to told me it wasn’t a computer shop, but Aek Udon Hospital. I noticed it did happen to be the same number that I had saved for Nano Creative from a couple of years earlier.

Faraday also tried a mobile number listed on Facebook, but that wasn’t in service.

It seems that Nano Creative must had gone out of business. I suppose it was a good way to waste an hour and some petrol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

My friend Faraday was looking to buy a bag (carry-case) for his laptop, but was struggling to find a suitable one.

I remembered there was a shop in Udon on Nittayo Road called Nano Creative. The last time I went in a few years ago they appeared to have a lot of computers, spare parts, and accessories in stock.

As I couldn’t remember exactly where they were, but knew it to within a kilometre, I looked on Google Street View. I trawled along the pictures of shops along the road. Nothing, even though there was an entry elsewhere indicating the same place I remembered.

As a last resort I saw a Facebook entry for Nano Creative.
Clicked it and saw an entry saying they had updated their address. The link took me to another page with a map saying they had moved to Prachasanti Road (about 2km away).

I went with Faraday to find the new shop and hopefully a laptop case too. We found new the address they had specified. No Nano Creative there.
Faraday found a different link for their new location. When he followed that one, it took him to somewhere a further 2km away, indicating the junction of the Udon Ring Road and Khon Kaen Road. When we arrived there was nothing there either.

I thought I would phone them up. Called the landline number listed.
After a wait I spoke to someone who was confused when I asked the location of their shop. I realised why there was confusion as the person I spoke to told me it wasn’t a computer shop, but Aek Udon Hospital. I noticed it did happen to be the same number that I had saved for Nano Creative from a couple of years earlier.

Faraday also tried a mobile number listed on Facebook, but that wasn’t in service.

It seems that Nano Creative must had gone out of business. I suppose it was a good way to waste an hour and some petrol.

Hopefully it was an enjoyable visit with Faraday and you folks had a good lunch somewhere, and hopefully not near Day N Night.....

Good eats near the Train Station in the store front mall area if my memory serves me correct.  Even VT Nam Nueng is a good place to eat.  I order it twice a month to be delivered here in BKK via Thai Post.

• Thanks 1

Well, after our tour this morning I came back home & slept for a couple of hours. We wuz driving around for 1:45 hrs & I still am no closer to getting a bag. There's a contraflow on the 216 & drove through it three blinkin' times.

Fun, was something we didn't have.

:classic_huh:

We had a good chin wag though, as per usual.👍

7 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Well, after our tour this morning I came back home & slept for a couple of hours. We wuz driving around for 1:45 hrs & I still am no closer to getting a bag. There's a contraflow on the 216 & drove through it three blinkin' times.

Fun, was something we didn't have.

:classic_huh:

We had a good chin wag though, as per usual.👍

Doesn't Central have a computer shop or two.  I know the entire IT World closed up a few years back, and that was before I moved to the Phils and then To BKK.  I bought my Computer bag in the IT mall.

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Doesn't Central have a computer shop or two.  I know the entire IT World closed up a few years back, and that was before I moved to the Phils and then To BKK.  I bought my Computer bag in the IT mall.

They do yes, but no bags...🙄

43 minutes ago, Faraday said:

They do yes, but no bags...🙄

That is not appropriate.  I remember a shop on the 3rd floor that sold suitcases as well as bags of all types, I bought a larger Swiss Brand bag that carries my laptop and a few folder cases as well as the charger chord, the mouse and so on.  I use it for travel.  My Computer sleeve like I said was bought from IT Square.