News Forum - Taxi leaves passenger at petrol station, drives off with luggage, tourist’s passport

Thaiger

A taxi driver robbed a passenger and left him and his friend at a petrol station in Isaan province Ubon Ratchathani. The tourist from Bangkok says that not only did the driver overcharge him for the trip, but he also took off with his luggage which included his passport, tablet and phone. The 45 year old tourist that he and his friend had just landed at the Ubon Ratchathani International Airport and were approached by a group offering a taxi service. For a 100-kilometre trip from the airport to the Khemmarat district, the taxi charged 1,000 baht. According to the […]

The story Taxi leaves passenger at petrol station, drives off with luggage, tourist’s passport as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

900 baht for a 100 k ride is the official price? Don't tell anyone on Phuket, that is here the official price for 50 k.

"Approached by a group" , had that taxi green plates?

And the more interesting question: Overcharged, did he pay already? What about the golden rule never to pay before at your destination and out of the cab?

43 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A taxi driver robbed a passenger and left him and his friend at a petrol station in Isaan province Ubon Ratchathani.

Obviously, they didn’t read the Thaiger. …..

News Forum - Getting a motorcycle taxi in Bangkok, or anywhere in Thailand

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/12621-news-forum-getting-a-motorcycle-taxi-in-bangkok-or-anywhere-in-thailand/#comment-185162

the golden rule doesnt apply at all here because its not important at all

as this is more or less robbery and price and price rules do not matter

......another thing is that phuket prices are not general thai prices , as we all know

Ahhhh Kemmarat but nearby on outside of the city of Phosai was my first Issan stomping grounds from a previous good riddence ex Thai wife. But the area is fun and beuatiful in some times of the year. Need to take a trip back there one year or the other.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Ahhhh Kemmarat but nearby on outside of the city of Phosai was my first Issan stomping grounds from a previous good riddence ex Thai wife. But the area is fun and beuatiful in some times of the year. Need to take a trip back there one year or the other.

Avoid stops at a gas stations then, if you choose to go by a taxi 😃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

A taxi driver robbed a passenger and left him and his friend at a petrol station in Isaan province Ubon Ratchathani. The tourist from Bangkok says that not only did the driver overcharge him for the trip, but he also took off with his luggage which included his passport, tablet and phone. The 45 year old tourist that he and his friend had just landed at the Ubon Ratchathani International Airport and were approached by a group offering a taxi service. For a 100-kilometre trip from the airport to the Khemmarat district, the taxi charged 1,000 baht. According to the […]

The story Taxi leaves passenger at petrol station, drives off with luggage, tourist’s passport as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I watched it on chanel 7 thai tv there the friend was a girl. But I couldn't check it closly if it was not a ladyboy. I have to watch it again damn 😃. Friend, girlfriend or boyfriend?

9 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Avoid stops at a gas stations then, if you choose to go by a taxi 😃

That drive from Ubon down to Kemmarat if I remember correctly is about just over an hour to an hour and 20 minutes. If I go I will either ride my bike or drive my car. The bike trip sounds good to me.

I learned having my first lesson of not leaving the taxi when was on Bali well over 30 years ago. On one end you didn't trust the taxi driver, and on the other end I remember seeing a kid trying to trying to stealthily sneak up to the latched down trunk to steal a bag. From there, there have been a few times in Thailand, and my rule of thumb here as coming from the aiport or changing places is that I make the Taxi guy pop the trunk and then get out of the car before I leave the back seat. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leo said:

And  carry valuables and passport with you at all times till you get to your home/hotel.

Yeah, I always carry my main stuff in my backpack that is always with me.