Athletes suddenly going down?

Thaidup

4 hours ago, Thaidup said:

So what is going on with all these young football players and now tennis players suddenly dropping?

https://www.hollywoodlanews.com/nadal-breathing-chest-pain-lost/

I have seen dozens of these videos of healthy young men just dropping and some have died. What is going on?

You'd think more than one tennis player and cyclist would have health issues if it was a rule and not the exception.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dj230 said:

You'd think more than one tennis player and cyclist would have health issues if it was a rule and not the exception.

The weird thing is that it is happening lately, over the last year, I don't know - maybe it has something to do with "climate change".🤔

• Haha 2

The most odd part to me is that they dropping like flies on the pitch/field as they are playing.

At my age, anyone 'going down' on me, athlete or not, could cause a heart attack!   LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

And these athletes are pushing themselves to their limits. Sometimes, something breaks. Or the Wuhan flu? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

At my age, anyone 'going down' on me, athlete or not, could cause a heart attack!   LOL

Especially out on a field,in front of onlookers.🙂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Fanta said:

And these athletes are pushing themselves to their limits. Sometimes, something breaks. Or the Wuhan flu? 

In the words of Homer Simpson, "WuWho"?

Edited by Thaidup
  • Haha 1

The next question is why all the censoring of people that bring this topic up. This is a very challenging time trying to keep your normal life going with out all the crazyness. Its almost as if this is now normal. Just like all the new stuff that happened after the twin towers, now apps with qr codes are in control of your life is the norm. yikes

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cake said:

The next question is why all the censoring of people that bring this topic up

Some websites are actually keeping a count of them, One I looked at yesterday had the count at over 250. The closest to main stream media commenting on it this one from TDM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10314165/Football-seen-worrying-spike-cardiac-arrests-heart-related-issues-2021.html

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2022 at 7:07 AM, Thaidup said:

The weird thing is that it is happening lately, over the last year, I don't know - maybe it has something to do with "climate change".🤔

Happening lately or you just realized it's something that happens? That athletes aren't immortal aliens who can't get sick/die like regular humans...

It's kind of like when people thought 5G towers were causing covid because 5G towers started popping up around the same time as covid so people burned them down

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Being an athlete has never been a recipe for a long for old age, quite the contrary,  as many end up with serious long term inquires (NFL, Rugby, Soccer), that can and often does lead to early death.  I have never subscribed to the theory that training to an athletic standard is a sensible way to treat this frail body of ours.  My body is a Temple, albeit one from the Middle Ages,  that has fallen into some disrepair, but at least it is still usable, just. 

On 4/2/2022 at 9:44 AM, Smithydog said:

FIFA recognised this issue back in 2003. Not recent news in any way. Just better reported and tracked compared to back then.

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/medical/education-awareness/sudden-cardiac-arrest

Nothing wrong with attempting to bring light to an issue, I seriously had no idea of the amount of athletes that went down on the field, Then earlier last year noticed people bringing it up and than being banned off youtube< that made my ears prick up. Even in my own life a girlfriends sister died of a heart attack at 32 years old. Maybe it is just more reporting now, as time goes on more reporting systems become available?, Or is it from other connected  situations? Who knows?🙂

9 hours ago, Thaidup said:

Nothing wrong with attempting to bring light to an issue, I seriously had no idea of the amount of athletes that went down on the field, Then earlier last year noticed people bringing it up and than being banned off youtube< that made my ears prick up. Even in my own life a girlfriends sister died of a heart attack at 32 years old. Maybe it is just more reporting now, as time goes on more reporting systems become available?, Or is it from other connected  situations? Who knows?🙂

It is an issue and yes there are plenty of assumptions around it. Certainly health and fitness are a key. However, for too many, as they reach for high levels, they don't recognise the warning signs their bodies are giving out. The "movie" image of heart attacks is so ingrained in us that for most, they don't recognise the signs of a heart attack or or can be unaware that they have had one. I didn't!

We keep asking more and more of our athletes in terms of performance. I follow soccer more on a side note as other codes are more of my principal interest. One is the AFL (Aussie Rules) and the players in that need the aerobic fitness of the soccer players combined with the jump of some athletic sports, yet the muscle strength of Rugby players to tackle other players. Each year, they are seemingly asked to run for longer at higher speeds, tackle harder and leap higher.

So many other sports are the same as players of all kind tried to excel to new heights. I often wonder, with the "current model" of the human body, if at times we are simply asking just too much and the body is responding in a negative way. We just don't get the message early enough.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Me, trying to find links to media that is considered a trustworthy source, than extrapolating that into the current time? Some may say Im making 2+2=5 But I am just not convinced 100% either way.

These two videos are quite old, from the time when younger groups were first being vaccinated. 

NBC is making two honest reports about myocarditis. My feeling is that they would be unlikely to file these reports in April 2022. 

The task of the enquiring mind is to wonder why that is.

• Like 1

We only highlight the sportspeople and celebrity because they are in the public eye. But consider this about Coronary Heart Disease (CHD)

• CHD claims more lives than any other disease, responsible for more than one in ten of all deaths. 

• This equates to CHD killing one person every half hour, or on average 50 people every day. 

https://www.heartfoundation.org.au/activities-finding-or-opinion/coronary-heart-disease-key-stats

Sportspeople represent an extremely small percentage of sudden death from heart disease as was highlighted in this research.

"Sudden cardiac death (SCD) in athletes is a rare, tragic event that often captures public interest, especially among individuals who value physical health and wellness. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8717749/

They are less vulnerable because they minimise the risk through their health and fitness regime. It is we, John Q Public, that demand more and more from their performance, asking them to often justify high paying jobs with more intensely played games. Even their bodies can only take so much.

Consider the recent sudden death of Shane Warne, seen by many to be the greatest ever spin bowler in cricket. Of the death of Basketballer Coby Bryant. Neither meets the definition of what we are discussing. But their deaths had an impact beyond the normality due to their elevated status.

We react the same with other sports stars. Their deaths are as sudden as are ones in the public and cause feelings of loss and tragedy. But in fact the occurrences are far less and should not be highlighted beyond the deaths of others.

On 4/14/2022 at 9:04 AM, BigHewer said:

These two videos are quite old, from the time when younger groups were first being vaccinated. 

NBC is making two honest reports about myocarditis. My feeling is that they would be unlikely to file these reports in April 2022. 

The task of the enquiring mind is to wonder why that is.

Yeah, I noticed that, Very hard to find anything new, This news report is about 10 months old too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/evidence-grows-stronger-covid-vaccine-link-heart-issue-cdc-says-n1270339

It would be nice to get some kind of factual update.

Posted (edited)

I found one of the videos that the news are talking about, And some reasons why they may or not want to explain exactly what is happening, https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/evidence-grows-stronger-covid-vaccine-link-heart-issue-cdc-says-n1270339

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/drug-ads-5-2-billion-annually-and-rising/

Edited by Thaidup

Even though this being a touchy subject, I still cant get past the fact that the vaccines are 'EUA' It has been almost 18 months since they where available and the pandemic is coming to endemic phase. So what is the emergency now?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A study recently concluded with a cohort of 23 million subjects, That is almost the population of Australia or Niger.

Don't shoot me please, I am simply letting you know that there are studies out, I am not commenting on the findings nor am I putting my view out.

SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination and Myocarditis in a Nordic Cohort Study of 23 Million Residents

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2791253