News Forum - Thailand real estate market saturated with unsold properties, may breach 1 trillion baht

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Rainmaker said:

Yes.  You are very correct that we need to be ready. The current financial system is controlled by the banks which are individual companies but the next system will be programmable and will be controlled by the government and not a bank. The United States is working to eliminate the dollar and initiate a digital dollar that will be issued by the federal reserve   There was two runs on the banks so far this year.  It was not mentioned a lot in the news media. But when the prime minister of Canada issued a state of emergency law which used to be called the emergency wars act. They went after peoples money who donated to the freedom convoy and when the word got out that people could not access their money it caused a lot of Canadians to go to the atm which in then caused the Canadian banks to stop operations for a few days. I had many Canadian friends and they told me that they were not able to access their money. Then you have the Russians who have been traveling and they couldn’t get money. A lot of Russians here in Thailand tried to get money from atm’s but couldn’t. In the beginning before the Russia banks started stopping operations the ruble started to lose its value so when they lost their value to a baht I am sure that Russian expat’s were trying to get their money before it loses any more value. I know I would have done the same.  So I am not trying to scare people or start conspiracy theories but I want all of us to have our eyes open and keep communicating. Stories about how the housing market is. That’s what caused the financial problems in 2008 with banks. And the covid pandemic has surely caused a lot of problems in the housing markets from renters not paying rent and then you are not allowed to evict. People not working and losing their home. Businesses closed and now available on the market for real estate sales. It’s all connected 

Holy shit you people are nuts(and liars too)

If you aren't trying to start conspiracy theories then you are incredibly dumb

Or just a straight liar and know you are pushing lies

I live in Canada, there was no run on banks

Stop posting foolishness.........

11 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

This is from Wikipedia on China social credit score google and please read.  And also please google Thailand and China digital currency and please read. This is how the Chinese government will punish. Quote 

According to the Chinese government's 2015 Plan for Implementation, the Social Credit System is due to be fully implemented by 2020. Once implemented the system will manage the rewards, or punishments, of citizens on the basis of their economic and personal behavior. Some types of punishments for poor social credit include: flight ban, exclusion from private schools, slow internet connection, exclusion from high prestige work, exclusion from hotels, and registration on a public blacklist. In contrast, some rewards for good social credit include discounts on energy bills, being able to rent bikes and hotels without payment of a deposit, better interest rates at banks, tax breaks, free use of Gyms, and Preference and Hospitals.[75]

please everyone google. World Economic Forum and the Great Reset 

Its Wikipedia. Anyone can contribute. Therefore its rubbish. I live in China, have done for 16 years. I'll trust what goes on round me rather than the crap I am subjected to on the internet. You, of course, must do what you will.

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

Its Wikipedia. Anyone can contribute. Therefore its rubbish. I live in China, have done for 16 years. I'll trust what goes on round me rather than the crap I am subjected to on the internet. You, of course, must do what you will.

I don’t just get my information from one source. I have seen this on several websites and a news media company was talking about it on their morning radio show. So I have done several searches.  Also. In China. The CCP controls the news media and information and the internet.  So you living in China doesn’t allow you to get truthful information.  Where’s I am able to read any websites and listen to news that’s not controlled by the communist party.  So here’s a copy of the information about it on another website. And I have included several screenshots of sites. But you probably won’t be able to access those websites because you don’t have freedom to access the internet 

China's social credit system expands that idea to all aspects of life, judging citizens' behaviour and trustworthiness. Caught jaywalking, don't pay a court bill, play your music too loud on the train — you could lose certain rights, such as booking a flight or train ticket. "The idea itself is not a Chinese phenomenon," says Mareike Ohlberg, research associate at the Mercator Institute for China Studies. Nor is the use, and abuse, of aggregated data for analysis of behaviour. "But if [the Chinese system] does come together as envisioned, it would still be something very unique," she says. "It's both unique and part of a global trend."

77AEBABF-7A26-41CE-ADE3-683D90E20206.png

22130CD6-1F51-4B46-BE74-4987EB7A0F3B.png

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

I don’t just get my information from one source. I have seen this on several websites and a news media company was talking about it on their morning radio show. So I have done several searches.  Also. In China. The CCP controls the news media and information and the internet.  So you living in China doesn’t allow you to get truthful information.  Where’s I am able to read any websites and listen to news that’s not controlled by the communist party.  So here’s a copy of the information about it on another website. And I have included several screenshots of sites. But you probably won’t be able to access those websites because you don’t have freedom to access the internet 

China's social credit system expands that idea to all aspects of life, judging citizens' behaviour and trustworthiness. Caught jaywalking, don't pay a court bill, play your music too loud on the train — you could lose certain rights, such as booking a flight or train ticket. "The idea itself is not a Chinese phenomenon," says Mareike Ohlberg, research associate at the Mercator Institute for China Studies. Nor is the use, and abuse, of aggregated data for analysis of behaviour. "But if [the Chinese system] does come together as envisioned, it would still be something very unique," she says. "It's both unique and part of a global trend."

77AEBABF-7A26-41CE-ADE3-683D90E20206.png

22130CD6-1F51-4B46-BE74-4987EB7A0F3B.png

But you dont talk to anyone/deal with anyone outside of the media. You keep saying 'I read' and "I heard' etc. Congratulations. I live this. Who's likely to be closer to the truth?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Please. Search. Thailand and China digital currency 

please search. Crude oil bought and sold only in US dollars. But now China and Saudi Arabia are not going to use US dollars.  So. How many countries are holding US dollars. When China requires every country who wishes to do business with China to use their digital currency.  How many countries do business with China. Possible outcome is starting to change. And things are going to start happening very fast 

Search where ? Google or Youtube ? those bastions of truth and non fiction ? Where resident conspiracy theorists meet to salivate over bizarre conspiracies only happening in their own heads, but tailored for the gullible ? Search there ? Get real

OK I've already explained why you're deluded but on you go - you believe what the nutjobs tell you and I'll carry on in the real, imperfect, world.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JamesR said:

Those reserves are also numbers on a computer. 

Of course they are - are you expecting them to be hand written somewhere ?

9 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Yes.  You are very correct that we need to be ready. The current financial system is controlled by the banks which are individual companies but the next system will be programmable and will be controlled by the government and not a bank. The United States is working to eliminate the dollar and initiate a digital dollar that will be issued by the federal reserve   There was two runs on the banks so far this year.  It was not mentioned a lot in the news media. But when the prime minister of Canada issued a state of emergency law which used to be called the emergency wars act. They went after peoples money who donated to the freedom convoy and when the word got out that people could not access their money it caused a lot of Canadians to go to the atm which in then caused the Canadian banks to stop operations for a few days. I had many Canadian friends and they told me that they were not able to access their money. Then you have the Russians who have been traveling and they couldn’t get money. A lot of Russians here in Thailand tried to get money from atm’s but couldn’t. In the beginning before the Russia banks started stopping operations the ruble started to lose its value so when they lost their value to a baht I am sure that Russian expat’s were trying to get their money before it loses any more value. I know I would have done the same.  So I am not trying to scare people or start conspiracy theories but I want all of us to have our eyes open and keep communicating. Stories about how the housing market is. That’s what caused the financial problems in 2008 with banks. And the covid pandemic has surely caused a lot of problems in the housing markets from renters not paying rent and then you are not allowed to evict. People not working and losing their home. Businesses closed and now available on the market for real estate sales. It’s all connected 

Stop talking utter deluded nonsense - I can't be arsed to go through it all but the 'run' on Canadian banks which didn't happen, is to do with suffocating a bunch of moronic truckers that wanted to stop people being vaccinated and starving funds coming into them from the gullible. (Perhaps you missed the news item this week, from a gullible who donated his life savings and now bitterly regrets it). But wait the banks did experience a hitch and went offline for....wait for it.......5 hours !! My bank does that every weekend for IT updates! Btw who's money did they 'go after' ?But at the end of the day maybe he was doing his job as PM, I mean the nations health is at stake so it's down to truckers versus virologists, hmmmm who should I believe.

Moving on so the US wants to eliminate the dollar that keeps them at the helm of every financial transaction and large trade that moves ? Yep makes perfect sense.

Russian problems at ATM's ? You're aware they've invaded Ukraine right ? You didn't make a reference to that, perhaps it's not connected right ? 😆 and rightly so are being strangled into submission - hopefully sooner the better. Unless you approve of a nation that employs soldiers that kills a kids dad in front of her and rapes her mum ? I never thought I would say this but god bless Elon Musk who has funded hundreds of satellites to not only record the war crimes (to eliminate the propaganda theorists) that are so good you can nearly see the colour of the rapists eyes! Every single problem a russian faces now is a result! 

Re 2008 - you are correct big problem, but that problem which happened FOURTEEN years ago due to sub prime mortgages cannot happen now due to stringent lending requirements that were imposed as a result. You'll also find property owners have made a killing since then yes ? You cannot find anything more recent ?

People not paying rent and unable to be evicted - it's been and gone. You can evict any non payer now. Though where you get a connection from Russian's trying to withdraw money at an atm to landlords with poor tenants to herald the end of the world is hilarious.

So apart from all that - you're spot on but for god sake don't stop taking your tablets without talking to your doctor first.

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

But you dont talk to anyone/deal with anyone outside of the media. You keep saying 'I read' and "I heard' etc. Congratulations. I live this. Who's likely to be closer to the truth?

Picture the scene - curtains drawn for months, knee deep in McDonalds boxes, and his mum screaming up the stairs he has to go to school at some point ! Yet he's utterly convinced the world is ending at 3:25 on Tuesday because it's on youtube so must be right. 😆 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Picture the scene - curtains drawn for months, knee deep in McDonalds boxes, and his mum screaming up the stairs he has to go to school at some point ! Yet he's utterly convinced the world is ending at 3:25 on Tuesday because it's on youtube so must be right. 😆 

Recent events should define exactly who runs the internet in stark terms. Disbelieve if you want but at your own peril.

3 hours ago, Benroon said:

Stop talking utter deluded nonsense - I can't be arsed to go through it all but the 'run' on Canadian banks which didn't happen, is to do with suffocating a bunch of moronic truckers that wanted to stop people being vaccinated and starving funds coming into them from the gullible. (Perhaps you missed the news item this week, from a gullible who donated his life savings and now bitterly regrets it). But wait the banks did experience a hitch and went offline for....wait for it.......5 hours !! My bank does that every weekend for IT updates! Btw who's money did they 'go after' ?But at the end of the day maybe he was doing his job as PM, I mean the nations health is at stake so it's down to truckers versus virologists, hmmmm who should I believe.

Moving on so the US wants to eliminate the dollar that keeps them at the helm of every financial transaction and large trade that moves ? Yep makes perfect sense.

Russian problems at ATM's ? You're aware they've invaded Ukraine right ? You didn't make a reference to that, perhaps it's not connected right ? 😆 and rightly so are being strangled into submission - hopefully sooner the better. Unless you approve of a nation that employs soldiers that kills a kids dad in front of her and rapes her mum ? I never thought I would say this but god bless Elon Musk who has funded hundreds of satellites to not only record the war crimes (to eliminate the propaganda theorists) that are so good you can nearly see the colour of the rapists eyes! Every single problem a russian faces now is a result! 

Re 2008 - you are correct big problem, but that problem which happened FOURTEEN years ago due to sub prime mortgages cannot happen now due to stringent lending requirements that were imposed as a result. You'll also find property owners have made a killing since then yes ? You cannot find anything more recent ?

People not paying rent and unable to be evicted - it's been and gone. You can evict any non payer now. Though where you get a connection from Russian's trying to withdraw money at an atm to landlords with poor tenants to herald the end of the world is hilarious.

So apart from all that - you're spot on but for god sake don't stop taking your tablets without talking to your doctor first.

It's like whack-a-mole on this forum

You shoot down one absurd, ridiculous lie, misinformation that any sane adult knows is a lie............then another one pops up

Then they whine their "opinion" is getting stuffed............no your insane, absurd misinformation is being called out!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Naanlaew said:

Keep up the good work.

Eventually the futility will become apparent. The world is full of morons.

Slight correction. The WESTERN world is full of morons. 😉

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

You shoot down one absurd, ridiculous lie, misinformation that any sane adult knows is a lie............then another one pops up

Then they whine their "opinion" is getting stuffed............no your insane, absurd misinformation is being called out!

🤣🤣🤣

51oAOswldjL._AC_SX425_.jpg

16 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Holy shit you people are nuts(and liars too)

If you aren't trying to start conspiracy theories then you are incredibly dumb

Or just a straight liar and know you are pushing lies

I live in Canada, there was no run on banks

Stop posting foolishness.........

They know it is all true, you don't as you are not in the loop, I know it is true as a Martian told me. 😆

4 hours ago, Poolie said:

Slight correction. The WESTERN world is full of morons. 😉

You mean the countries which invent most things we use, have sent men to the moon etc, they are very dim indeed it seems, still it must be hard growing rice and taking care of buffaloes, a lot more advanced than the West it seems. 🤣

On 4/5/2022 at 3:56 PM, Poolie said:

I don't tap any sh**

I don't consume any, see? Just wave my phone a bit and away......😀

You can do that with the debit/credit card too, no tapping needed just hover it close.

Plus the card is much lighter than a phone.

When I see people messing about with cash I laugh to myself. 

On 4/5/2022 at 2:44 PM, King Cotton said:

What an excellent post, @SkyDogJack and all so relevant too in this rapidly 'advancing' world, though hardly so in that restaurant!!

I'm an English expat and, whilst admittedly getting too old to want to latch onto the smartphone that I was coaxed into buying by my Thai wife, was given a spellbinding demo of  this digital takeover, last week, whilst catching up on my kids, back home. I and my eldest son, Alex, had visited a bar and, once the beers were poured, Alex took his phone from his pocket, held it over a small gadget that the barman had slid in front of him and, with me a curious spectator, repocketed the phone.

"What've you just done there, Al?" I asked.

"Paid for the beer," he replied with a look of total bewilderment that I'd asked the question and with me then shaking my head in disbelief that digital stuff had advanced to that level . . . bloody amazing!

Yeah, whatever next? And, as your post suggests, we just need to be ready (and, hopefully in my case, informed) for 'whatever'!

Where have you been hiding for the last fifteen years?

On 4/5/2022 at 1:32 PM, Poolie said:

I don't think he wants us to buy, what do you reckon? 😀

He might have bought and lost already and that is why he is so wound up.😀

I know of a very large company in Phuket, it has  been buying large plots of land for decades, it builds around 350 house-shops, single/double story detached houses, semi detached houses at a time and they are sold off-plan within a week of going on the market (pre covid), they then move onto the next project.

The quality of the houses, pavements, roads, street drainage is excellent, I live in one when I am in Phuket, it has been great for the last twelve years.

I think this company is not dim about the property market, or sits on houses waiting until an unreachable price is arrived at like many on this forum have stated, just because some Thais are dim it does not mean they all are.

I have seen a few individuals selling houses which have been sitting there for a few years, they are not really in a rush to sell, they will eventually get some daft farang buying it at some point. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marc26 said:

whack-a-mole - haha - it's exactly that !

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Benroon said:

whack-a-mole - haha - it's exactly that !

The forum covers the whole of Thailand, not just Pattaya and Phuket, you naughty man.🙂

24 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

I just had to read that news article.  OMG! What an amazing job to have and get to go home every night and reply to, "Honey, how was your day"? 

I can just imagine the answer.  "Well, you know how it is my office,  the same old in and outs". 🙄😳😬😅

Edited by SkyDogJack
Spelling
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Thaidup said:

The forum covers the whole of Thailand, not just Pattaya and Phuket, you naughty man.🙂

eh ? 

I'll have you know I've only ever been to Pattaya twice and the last time I disinfected myself comprehensively from top to toe paying particular attention to the middle bit !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/5/2022 at 5:23 AM, Pinetree said:

I don't think my girl is particularly different to many others in Thailand.  She is savvy, hard working and by her own efforts, has largely over come a poor background to get where she is. In this, she mirrors my own journey from a Yorkshire village to what I made of myself.  In this respect, we overcome our differing racial background and have a mutual understanding that leads to mutual support.  I see this in many Thai/Farang relationships.  

Ah bah gum thas reet our kid. 

• Like 1