Expats and their Thai Wives

AussieBob

14 hours ago, Khunmark said:

I’ve never really understood why people look down their noses at the whole Thai/foreigner older man/younger women marriage deal. These arrangements clearly suit a lot of couples. And they seem to work out pretty well in most cases.

Yes they do - but more in Thailand, then here is Aust.  The western female 'industry' will try to change them into a feminazi - most resist but some fall for that khrapp and take the money. 

One of the great things to see in Thailand is fat 'liberated' western women tourists walking around in a Thailand Mall with their husband/slave and their unruly loud annoying kids. They literally hate that all the Thai ladies (99%) are beautiful slim and feminine - and even more, they hate their husband/slave looking at them and wondering.  As I said to one bloke back in Aust - it is like being in a supermodel convention - they are everywhere. 

Meanwhile back here in boganville - the vast majority of the Aussie women are fat ugly and extremely 'unfeminine'.  The looks I get when walking with the wife are 'gold'.   She is over 50, but she looks like she is just over 30 - and they do not like that one little bit ?  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

12 hours ago, MrStretch said:

I think I married Aussie Bob's wife's twin...an absolute perfect description of my wife.

I was working as a teacher trainer and had gone to Malaysia for break.  While there I recieved an SMS, "Someone here misses you." from a number I didn't know.

Come to find out it was the company's business manager. Started to date and my job disappeared after a bombing in Hat Yai, and I began to use Thailand as my home base, but took jobs in other countries; Abu Dhabi, Korea, etc.  On a two-week vacation from a job in Korea, we got married...and god love her, she's stayed with me through all kinds of my stupidity.

I was 47, my first marriage, she was 37, her second and brought along my two step-kids, whom I support.  It will be 14 years the first week of August.

Great story mate - thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

One of the great things to see in Thailand is fat 'liberated' western women tourists walking around in a Thailand Mall with their husband/slave and their unruly loud annoying kids. They literally hate that all the Thai ladies (99%) are beautiful slim and feminine - and even more, they hate their husband/slave looking at them and wondering.  As I said to one bloke back in Aust - it is like being in a supermodel convention - they are everywhere. 

Meanwhile back here in boganville - the vast majority of the Aussie women are fat ugly and extremely 'unfeminine'.  The looks I get when walking with the wife are 'gold'.   She is over 50, but she looks like she is just over 30 - and they do not like that one little bit ?  

Absolutely spot on!  And from what you wrote it seems you married my lady's twin-sister ?

5 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Absolutely spot on!  And from what you wrote it seems you married my lady's twin-sister ?

That's not quite what your lady's twin sister told me last night 555

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 10:19 AM, AussieBob said:

She is a lovely feminine Thai lady and she is the best thing that has ever happened in my life – period.  And that is why I married a Thai lady when I was in my late 50s.

Ditto. Except I'm in my late 60s. I have never been so attracted to anyone like I am with my wife who's 20 years younger. And the feeling's mutual. We truly love and respect each other. She tells me how much she loves me every day. She's genuinely thankful that I'm in her life and I'm grateful she's in mine. I let her know that she's the most beautiful girl in the world every day. Because she is!

• Like 3

On 8/16/2021 at 11:50 PM, ThailandBob said:

Ditto. Except I'm in my late 60s. I have never been so attracted to anyone like I am with my wife who's 20 years younger. And the feeling's mutual. We truly love and respect each other. She tells me how much she loves me every day. She's genuinely thankful that I'm in her life and I'm grateful she's in mine. I let her know that she's the most beautiful girl in the world every day. Because she is!

I hear you Bob - same same for this Bob too. 

However, the thing that you talked about, is exactly the main problem in relationships in the West.  Men have always needed women/partner and always will - lets face it, we put up with a lot of their khrapp and shortcomings. But likewise, it has always been the same for women/partners too - even more so.  However, now young Western women are told that they are 'empowered' and 'equal' - and that they dont need a man/partner in their life.  They are fed all the bulldust about women being 'oppressed' by men in the past, but now they are told that they can have it all themselves, and they dont need a man/partner.  Then you add on to that a 'family/divorce system' that heavily favours the women, and presto - separations and divorce are rampant - and existing relationships are strained and unsustainable.

Thai (Asian) women know and understand that they need a man/partner, especially a western man who is (probably) financially secure. That creates a 'balance' and it is the core stability in the relationship - that both have a 'need' for each other.  Add on top of that the realities of human emotions, and you have a great relationship, which is what we all need. Sure, that puts the 'balance' or 'power' if you will, more on the male side of things, but that is why it is important to be a good man, and not one of those arseholes who just take advantage.

Having said that above - that reality exists in the West too. You reckon as a poor uneducated but really good looking and nice guy you will get the girl - or is it going to be the OK looking arsehole doctor?  That is how it always was and always will be - women will 90+% of the time pick the man/partner who has the best financial security, as long as they pass their 'minimum credentials'. It is just that in the west many of them are already planning their 'exit strategy' for their own 'financial security' - and lots of them start planning after a while, because relationships are not easy with all that external pressure. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Thai (Asian) women know and understand that they need a man/partner, especially a western man who is (probably) financially secure. That creates a 'balance' and it is the core stability in the relationship - that both have a 'need' for each other.  Add on top of that the realities of human emotions, and you have a great relationship, which is what we all need. Sure, that puts the 'balance' or 'power' if you will, more on the male side of things, but that is why it is important to be a good man, and not one of those arseholes who just take advantage.

Great analysis @AussieBob!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2021 at 10:01 AM, colinneil said:

Best move of my life, fantastic loving/ caring lady, best wife a man could wish for.

After 2 years of marriage our lives were turned upside down, due to my accident, still together, she is there caring for me 24/7, she is a fantastic lady/ wife.

I saw posts about your accident on the 'dark side' forum a long time ago.

So happy for you Colin, and very nice to hear a happy ending.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AussieBob said:

However, now young Western women are told that they are 'empowered' and 'equal' - and that they dont need a man/partner in their life.  They are fed all the bulldust about women being 'oppressed' by men in the past, but now they are told that they can have it all themselves, and they dont need a man/partner.  Then you add on to that a 'family/divorce system' that heavily favours the women, and presto - separations and divorce are rampant - 

It's actually way beyond that, in most places in the west but speaking specifically about the U.S. it is not just that women have off the charts entitlement the State has effectively become the man, it is the only way all those single moms exist. The State supports them, destroys the men financially via the courts and allows all of this nonsense to go on. It is so bad now that single moms are seen as heroes instead of the shame one might have felt just 40 years ago.

There has been better write up's than I can do about how the State has become the daddy and I will try to find one and post it here. Don't even get me started on the obesity and tattoos.

EDIT TO ADD: Just an observation but I have noticed a lot more single moms popping up on Tinder in Bangkok lately. I think much of this is scamdemic related as finances are now getting crushed. Without family resources a single mom in Thailand has a tough time of it.

Edited by BraveNewFahrenheit
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

It's actually way beyond that, in most places in the west but speaking specifically about the U.S. it is not just that women have off the charts entitlement the State has effectively become the man, it is the only way all those single moms exist. The State supports them, destroys the men financially via the courts and allows all of this nonsense to go on. It is so bad now that single moms are seen as heroes instead of the shame one might have felt just 40 years ago.

There has been better write up's than I can do about how the State has become the daddy and I will try to find one and post it here. Don't even get me started on the obesity and tattoos.

EDIT TO ADD: Just an observation but I have noticed a lot more single moms popping up on Tinder in Bangkok lately. I think much of this is scamdemic related as finances are now getting crushed. Without family resources a single mom in Thailand has a tough time of it.

You are dead right @BraveNewFahrenheit  One of the 'enablers' of this modern women bulldust in the west, is the provision of 'supporting services' by the State.  Not only do they get a biased treatment though the divorce proceedings, they then get so much other 'support' because of their 'disadvantage'.

The things you mentioned are but the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the support that they get.  A lot of it is 'lost in the 'movement' and therefore is taken as 'obvious' - such as breast cancer.  Yes it is terrible and yes it needs to be addressed, BUT testicular cancer kills far more men than breast cancer kills women.  OK - sure breast cancer kills women when young - well what about the huge amount of young men dying of things like suicide (depression) and violence (80+% deaths are men) and many other things - they are not ignored as such, but they are 'overlooked'.  Breast cancer support is massive, both Govt and Private, but Testicular Cancer gets sweet pharrk all.  Find the short movie 'Red Pilled' - that tells it all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

You are dead right @BraveNewFahrenheit  One of the 'enablers' of this modern women bulldust in the west, is the provision of 'supporting services' by the State.  Not only do they get a biased treatment though the divorce proceedings, they then get so much other 'support' because of their 'disadvantage'.

The things you mentioned are but the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the support that they get.  A lot of it is 'lost in the 'movement' and therefore is taken as 'obvious' - such as breast cancer.  Yes it is terrible and yes it needs to be addressed, BUT testicular cancer kills far more men than breast cancer kills women.  OK - sure breast cancer kills women when young - well what about the huge amount of young men dying of things like suicide (depression) and violence (80+% deaths are men) and many other things - they are not ignored as such, but they are 'overlooked'.  Breast cancer support is massive, both Govt and Private, but Testicular Cancer gets sweet pharrk all.  Find the short movie 'Red Pilled' - that tells it all.

I am not disputing your comments nor arguing for or against it but how about another train of thought on the issue you raised.

Could the way that women are being considered now really simply be Karma ? For many hundreds and even thousands of years women have historically been treated as second class people, mere chattels for men to treat as they wish and in some cases disposed of as they wish. The last few hundred years has seen women gain a more equal status and now some say a more advantageous status. Isn't it just "What goes around comes around" ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gummy said:

I am not disputing your comments nor arguing for or against it but how about another train of thought on the issue you raised.

Could the way that women are being considered now really simply be Karma ? For many hundreds and even thousands of years women have historically been treated as second class people, mere chattels for men to treat as they wish and in some cases disposed of as they wish. The last few hundred years has seen women gain a more equal status and now some say a more advantageous status. Isn't it just "What goes around comes around" ?

Oh, yeah. This shouldn't bring them out...Go On Popcorn GIF by swerk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, gummy said:

OK - I will 'bite'.  Please tell me more of women's disadvantages in the past and how this is just a balancing out of the previous inequities and injustices. 

Just wondering if money makes a difference.  Do you have a nice house here AussieBob?

Believe Colin has a nice house, (seen on another forum years ago I believe) 

My money goes to my son who is in college for the next few years. 

Am not wealthy with 2 pensions like many I see on here. WIll never be able to buy a house here or even a car.

Do these wonderful thai ladies depend on your monthly check or not?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Just wondering if money makes a difference.  Do you have a nice house here AussieBob?

Believe Colin has a nice house, (seen on another forum years ago I believe) 

My money goes to my son who is in college for the next few years. 

Am not wealthy with 2 pensions like many I see on here. WIll never be able to buy a house here or even a car.

Do these wonderful thai ladies depend on your monthly check or not?

Money always makes a difference - sometimes more than it should, but it does.

My 'story' is in my intro post:  Divorced 1990s and stayed single - after making sure kids OK, I retired to Thailand in 2012. Met my now Thai wife and we lived in Chiang Mai until 2018 - no kids.  Taught her to play golf and now we play together as much as possible - hope to pay 100+ golf courses together before too old. We moved to Australia in 2018 and wife is now permanent resident - visited Thailand 2-3 times every year until 2020 - want to do 50/50 in the future - time will tell.

Do not intend to ever buy a property in Thailand.  Besides not being wealthy (OK but not wealthy), I can rent a much better place than I can buy, and renting gives us the opportunity to move if needed/required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

OK - I will 'bite'.  Please tell me more of women's disadvantages in the past and how this is just a balancing out of the previous inequities and injustices. 

Sorry I assumed most people had learned this during their education at schools as it is part of history lessons, or was when I was at school. Far too long to illustrate in a post so just a few pieces of background info. Now let me make this clear again. I am not arguing for or against your previous post, just suggesting that perhaps Karma is coming into play maybe ? If that is the case then if the pendulum swings the other way, then one day Karma will play out again and the reverse will be witnessed perhaps ?

https://sites.udel.edu/britlitwiki/women-in-medieval-literature-and-society/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_equality

https://ourworldindata.org/economic-inequality-by-gender

https://www.bbvaopenmind.com/en/articles/gender-inequalities-past-issues-and-future-possibilities/

33 minutes ago, gummy said:

Sorry I assumed most people had learned this during their education at schools as it is part of history lessons, or was when I was at school. Far too long to illustrate in a post so just a few pieces of background info. Now let me make this clear again. I am not arguing for or against your previous post, just suggesting that perhaps Karma is coming into play maybe ? If that is the case then if the pendulum swings the other way, then one day Karma will play out again and the reverse will be witnessed perhaps ?

https://www.bbvaopenmind.com/en/articles/gender-inequalities-past-issues-and-future-possibilities/

I hear you Gummy, in that you not are arguing for or against, and in fact you are not arguing.  Happy to exchange some ideas and views - but it will take a while until I can fully respond.

For now I will say this regarding history lessons:  did they 'learn' the full unbiased story, or were they 'taught' a particular view - I think I can show that the truth is somewhere in between. Gotta go for now.

6 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I hear you Gummy, in that you not are arguing for or against, and in fact you are not arguing.  Happy to exchange some ideas and views - but it will take a while until I can fully respond.

For now I will say this regarding history lessons:  did they 'learn' the full unbiased story, or were they 'taught' a particular view - I think I can show that the truth is somewhere in between. Gotta go for now.

No idea what they teach nowadays but never was in my day focused subjects as it was  generalised as part and parcel of lifestyles etc during a specific historic era so hence no reason for it to be biased one way or the other.

3 hours ago, gummy said:

Ok Gummy - back again and 'ready to rumble'.  My first answer to all that is stated in all of your links about 'gender inequality', is all based on assumptions using today's values to look backwards and taking today's personal views to state what other women at that time thought. 

I think the wikipedia link is best summed up by pointing out the front page:  

image.png.a361d8ed1547e55092a34e1627407615.png image.png.591904f888ebd4d0d7814f976385cd18.png image.png.2be0c38cb8244a82f46694eb56eb890b.png

I dont think it is worthwhile in a forum, going back and forth over this issue - there is no definitive 'correct' answer to whether women were deliberately 'oppressed' in the past by all men in some sort of joint conspiracy against the females - because of their anatomy, bible, koran, etc etc. Nor are women equal to men in any way shape or form - in many ways they are superior, and in many ways they are inferior. To deny that very fact of reality is to fall into the trap of 'equality of opportunities and rights, means equality of outcomes and achievements'.   

This is the sort of discussion best conducted after food and over a large quantity of wine. However - I did plough through most of those articles, so in return here is just two 'alternative' views that I hope you will at least glance though:

The (False) Oppression of Women | thistudent (wordpress.com)

The Myth of Women’s Oppression – Reconquista Europa (alt-right.com)

From the first link (written by a woman):  I do not think that the whole of society is patriarchal anymore, some sections yes, but the majority no. I do not need men to stand up for me and inform others, as well as myself, that I am oppressed because I am a female. I am not oppressed. I do not feel oppressed. For those of you who are now turning round claiming that I have never experienced oppression, I would recommend that you to go back and read through this blog entry again. I have experienced oppression, but it is not from men. Instead it is from other women. Equality will not come from oppressing men and pulling them down to meet women. Instead it will come from women working to place themselves on par with men, a route which will ensure equality by earning the respect not only of the males of our society and world, but from the females as well.

And I will leave you with this thought:  During the height of the male oppression of women in western societies, as those who specialise in 'gender studies' will have you believe, during the sinking of the Titanic  women were given the life rafts while most of the males were left to die, and they (mostly) accepted that as their role in society.

Oh - one more thing - women live 5-10 years longer than men. How's that for the ultimate inequality?

50 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Ok Gummy - back again and 'ready to rumble'.  My first answer to all that is stated in all of your links about 'gender inequality', is all based on assumptions using today's values to look backwards and taking today's personal views to state what other women at that time thought. 

I think the wikipedia link is best summed up by pointing out the front page:  

image.png.a361d8ed1547e55092a34e1627407615.png image.png.591904f888ebd4d0d7814f976385cd18.png image.png.2be0c38cb8244a82f46694eb56eb890b.png

I dont think it is worthwhile in a forum, going back and forth over this issue - there is no definitive 'correct' answer to whether women were deliberately 'oppressed' in the past by all men in some sort of joint conspiracy against the females - because of their anatomy, bible, koran, etc etc. Nor are women equal to men in any way shape or form - in many ways they are superior, and in many ways they are inferior. To deny that very fact of reality is to fall into the trap of 'equality of opportunities and rights, means equality of outcomes and achievements'.   

This is the sort of discussion best conducted after food and over a large quantity of wine. However - I did plough through most of those articles, so in return here is just two 'alternative' views that I hope you will at least glance though:

The (False) Oppression of Women | thistudent (wordpress.com)

The Myth of Women’s Oppression – Reconquista Europa (alt-right.com)

From the first link (written by a woman):  I do not think that the whole of society is patriarchal anymore, some sections yes, but the majority no. I do not need men to stand up for me and inform others, as well as myself, that I am oppressed because I am a female. I am not oppressed. I do not feel oppressed. For those of you who are now turning round claiming that I have never experienced oppression, I would recommend that you to go back and read through this blog entry again. I have experienced oppression, but it is not from men. Instead it is from other women. Equality will not come from oppressing men and pulling them down to meet women. Instead it will come from women working to place themselves on par with men, a route which will ensure equality by earning the respect not only of the males of our society and world, but from the females as well.

And I will leave you with this thought:  During the height of the male oppression of women in western societies, as those who specialise in 'gender studies' will have you believe, during the sinking of the Titanic  women were given the life rafts while most of the males were left to die, and they (mostly) accepted that as their role in society.

Oh - one more thing - women live 5-10 years longer than men. How's that for the ultimate inequality?

Interesting piece your wrote. However in a bygone era I don't consider that women were deliberately oppressed, rather is was a natural evolutionary progression from the hunter gatherer era where the men, being strongest were the hunters and hence the females naturally became the subjugated sex. Not deliberate just natural selection. Of course as time moved on there were a few minority of females who had the strength and wisdom to compete on even terms with their male counterparts. The big changes occurred in medieval time when people could see that not only males but females could govern a country and I would suspect in modern day terms they became role models for later generations. Once women were considered able and granted the right to advanced education, a male decision by the way, then equality of women became advanced.

Now judging from your earlier posts I assume that there is  in your mind an unfairness swung the other way more so when a divorce occurs.  Well I guess if you have been on the wrong side of a divorce you could easily draw that conclusion. However you have to balance that with the fact that is was not female ascendency that changed countries laws that you feel are now weighted against the man, rather it was generally earlier male dominated governments that passed laws to enable it to be so. Why was that do you think ? 

As for the Titanic, then yes women and children first but lets not forget also it was 1st class first, then second then steerage, the overriding circumstance for  survival which is why the casualties where distinctly reflected by the class of travel.  Luckily all of the 1st class children survived and almost all women bar 4 . By the Way the Titanic museum in Belfast is a great place to visit if you ever have the opportunity of being in that part of the world.

Could discuss for hours but maybe we have drifted away too much from the threads title, but a good conversation.

• 1 month later...

For most of human history, men and women were equally oppressed.  A very very few at the top had any power at all, the vast majority were just trying to survive, and they did so by cooperating with each other. 

Fast forward to the 20th century, various technologies (refrigeration, electricity, birth control) have given more women the opportunity to step forward in the world. And they have. The fact that men and women have differences (both biological and psychological) does not mean that they are not equal.  I don't see a lot of patriarchy when men die younger, are crime victims more, are in prison more, are killed/injured at work more, commit suicide more, etc. 

2 hours ago, BeerIsLife said:

For most of human history, men and women were equally oppressed.  A very very few at the top had any power at all, the vast majority were just trying to survive, and they did so by cooperating with each other. 

Fast forward to the 20th century, various technologies (refrigeration, electricity, birth control) have given more women the opportunity to step forward in the world. And they have. The fact that men and women have differences (both biological and psychological) does not mean that they are not equal.  I don't see a lot of patriarchy when men die younger, are crime victims more, are in prison more, are killed/injured at work more, commit suicide more, etc. 

Well said. But I also clarify that Men and Women are not equal and never will be. But that is not the issue and never should be. The issue should be equality of rights and opportunity - for all people (men, women, etc.). But the modern liberal progressive feminists have arbitrarily decided that it only equality of outcomes is a true measure of equality. 

15 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Fast forward to the 20th century, various technologies (refrigeration, electricity,

Wrong century there as it was the 19th century  for the invention of electricity in general use and the century before that for artificial refrigeration.

11 minutes ago, gummy said:

Wrong century there as it was the 19th century  for the invention of electricity in general use and the century before that for artificial refrigeration.

Actually @BeerIsLife said those words, but I do agree with him, and I note that although electricity was as such 'invented' in the 19th century, it was not started to be used in general households until early 20th century - in 1930 only 70% of USA houses had electricity.  He also mentioned that the big 'leap forward' for women was the pill - that if anything is the defining moment that equality was possible and when it really started and women could rightly get the right to equal opportunities especially in employment, that were 'reserved' for men before that time. 

13 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Actually @BeerIsLife said those words, but I do agree with him, and I note that although electricity was as such 'invented' in the 19th century, it was not started to be used in general households until early 20th century - in 1930 only 70% of USA houses had electricity.  He also mentioned that the big 'leap forward' for women was the pill - that if anything is the defining moment that equality was possible and when it really started and women could rightly get the right to equal opportunities especially in employment, that were 'reserved' for men before that time. 

Sorry way out. The big leap forward in birth control ( the statement made was condoms ) and the statement was about invention of electricity and refrigeration, not general use as such as you have "swerved" into.  The "pill" was available and an opening for women to be responsible for their own birth control but condoms invention were the biggest leap forward and unfortunately the pill, which was a marvellous invention was also the reason for huge leaps in STD's which was the downside.