News Forum - Deadline to apply for “Covid” visa extension now May 24, immigration gets stricter

Thaiger

On 3/29/2022 at 2:05 AM, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Checklist for the 60-day Covid-19 visa extension…

• TM.7 Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom (Click HERE)
  • TM.30 Notification of residence with a signature from landlord or hotel manager (Click HERE)
  • Passport photo 4 x 6 centimetres
  • Copy of passport identification page and all pages related to current visa
  • A letter from home country’s embassy in Thailand
  • 1,900 baht visa extension fee

& ….. Brown Envelope.

"1,900 baht visa extension fee" so, you're telling me it's not a free visa.

1 hour ago, ace035 said:

It's not a Visa - end of!

On 5/5/2022 at 11:42 AM, Toonick said:

Did anyone get a successful COVID visa extension in this latest rule extension?

So i was wondering the same thing until the other day.

Now i know from experience that the requirements are pretty much the same. Just like before, they do not ask for a letter from the embassy.
It was a very smooth process without questions or brown envelopes.

The thing that was not like before though is that while they gave me a verbal confirmation that I will get a 60 day covid extension, they only stamped for a week. In a week I need to come back and get the final stamp when the (I quote) "big boss" is there. No additional documents, just required to go back again.

On 3/29/2022 at 7:54 AM, Soidog said:

I can’t speak for what it’s like everywhere in Thailand. However I am yet to speak to a single person who hasn’t been granted a Covid extension. I received one myself only 2 weeks ago and was told there won’t be a problem if I require another one. They are doing it for exactly the reasons you highlight. The very last thing they want at the moment is fewer foreigners. Something the government would never accept, but it’s obviously true.

I was denied my third CE as had an (expired) Longstay Visa. Those with ( expired) Tourist Visas also can’t get CE. 
Finally applied for in- country Retirement status last week.

myFamily Visit I 

Just now, oldschooler said:

I was denied my third CE as had an (expired) Longstay Visa. Those with ( expired) Tourist Visas also can’t get CE. 
Finally applied for in- country Retirement status last week.

myFamily Visit I 

My Family Visit Extension expires tomorrow. Retirement best remaining option. Visa Run/ ED/ VOL Visas options might not work if you are re- entering country every three months or so. 

2 hours ago, EUASEAN said:

Now i know from experience that the requirements are pretty much the same. Just like before, they do not ask for a letter from the embassy.

The thing that was not like before though is that while they gave me a verbal confirmation that I will get a 60 day covid extension, they only stamped for a week. In a week I need to come back and get the final stamp when the (I quote) "big boss" is there. No additional documents, just required to go back again.

Same thing happened to me. I have to come back on 27 May (that's the new stamp in my passport) to get the visa extension. They didn't say anything about the 'big boss' however haha.

3 hours ago, EUASEAN said:

Weird

On 5/5/2022 at 11:58 AM, ace035 said:

No “ embassy letter” needed

1 hour ago, Toonick said:

Same thing happened to me. I have to come back on 27 May (that's the new stamp in my passport) to get the visa extension. They didn't say anything about the 'big boss' however haha.

Bruce Lee king fu🤣movie…

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 1:31 PM, EUASEAN said:

Did you get the extra extension after going back?

On 3/28/2022 at 10:51 PM, Soidog said:

They will never admit it, but this is just a desperate attempt at keeping long term stayers here longer. They really don’t care who you are as long as you are spending Baht. It’s called a Covid extension, but in reality it’s a desperate clutching at straws. 

It's more a leniency thing. Despite what lots of people think, the majority of Thais do have a compassionate and charitable side.

That said, who can't leave because of covid these days? Pretty much the whole world has opened up.

• Like 1