News Forum - Albino water buffalo sells for 2.5 million baht at Thailand buffalo festival

Thaiger

A rare albino water buffalo has been sold for a whopping 2.5 million baht. Two proud new owners of buffalo named Duangphet travelled to the 10th Uthai Thani Buffalo Festival to receive the animal and bring it to its new home at Harley Buffalo Farm in Chon Buri. The two buffalo enthusiasts said they bought the albino buffalo for breeding so they could help expand the numbers of this special kind of water buffalo. Duangphet’s previous owner from Tik Kwai Thai house in Kamphaeng Phet province has received even higher offers for the animal, a two year old male albino […]

The story Albino water buffalo sells for 2.5 million baht at Thailand buffalo festival as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Um, so it's white and therefore worth millions  just because  of that fact?  Wow!  The intelligence is just on another level.  I hope the ones who made millions  on what normally  is 50k thb laugh all the way!

Buyer was smart buying white buffalo for 2.5 million baht.

Buyer can find other people with similar intelligence and sell them one day's worth of white buffalo poop for 100,000 baht.

Edited by JackMeOff
Typo

15 hours ago, Lifeboat said:

Um, so it's white and therefore worth millions  just because  of that fact?  Wow!  The intelligence is just on another level.  I hope the ones who made millions  on what normally  is 50k thb laugh all the way!

I once owned 2 white water buffalo bulls in Laos. They were trained to plow, but were cheaper than normal black/gray buffalo as they could not work as well in the heat and sun. I paid 40,000 Lao Kip for each one. Back in 1967-68. Also… In those days Lao people did not like to eat the meat of a “white” buffalo. They are  white, but not albinos, and they have a simple recessive mode of inheritance.