News Forum - Biden slams Russia’s Putin as a ‘butcher’, who “cannot remain in power”

Thaiger

19 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

The West continues to be perfectly content to drag the current situation out for as long as it takes to get what they want. If the West had had ANY sincere commitment to either the Minsk Accords or to peace in Ukraine, it would have long ago forced Kiev to enter into direct negotiations with the recognized breakaway republics of LPR and DPR in Donbass and to implement all the aspects of the Minsk Accords

Recognised by who? Russia? Pffft. The reasons the Minsk accords failed was because of infractions by the Russian backed terrorists in a small part the Donbass. Particularly by the neonazi Wagner group.

It hasn't done so because it knows that a federated Ukrainian state, as envisaged by the Minsk agreement, would never support joining NATO as this would be vetoed by the Donbass. A federal Ukraine would also never join the EU, which demanded back in 2013, as a condition of doing business with Ukraibe, that Ukraine not participate in the Eurasian trading block. With that demand, the EU deliberately violated the Budapest Memorandum (its Article 3, prohibiting the use of economic blackmail for geopolitical ends), the only international legal document that guaranteed Ukraine's territorial integrity. It was for his refusal to sign on to that EU bit of geopolitical extortion that Yanukovich had to be removed from power by the west in a coup de tat, regime change operation back in 2014. That regime change operation, and failure to fully implement those Minsk accords, is in fact what has set all of the events in motion that have lead up to our present situation.

Whether the Ukraine wants to trade with the EU or not is their business. Its not up to Russia. Economic blackmail? What are you talking about? You understand that the Budapest Memorandum, which Russia signed, guaranteed that Russia would not invade the Ukraine. That of course was violated by Russia when it marched into the Crimea. And again in the Kerche Straight incident. And once again in its latest illegal and genocidal invasion.

The fact the Ukraine wants closer ties to the west rather than a country with a habit of invading it and seizing territory along with supporting terrorists within its borders is hardly surprising is it?

Now that the "West" has forced the hand of Russia... we are now witnessing the effects of REAL war. Let us not forget, there are no rules in war. The only question now is, will the West continue to push this into a wider global hot war.

The west did not force Czar Putins hand. He wants the old empire back and thought the Ukraine and the rest of the world would roll over and accept it. He was wrong. Now he needs something to show the Russian people that he is winning. Expect him to get ever more desperate and start using WMD's.

There are rules in war. Read the Geneva Convention which Russia has signed. Especially section 4 which outlines protection of civilians.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Where did I mention unsupported allegations PBS? You’re taking a positive and turning it into a negative.

So there’s no point listening to opinions one doesn’t agree with? Right.   Jolly good. As you were.

With reference to your post, 194291, within this topic, out of interest what are the alternative allegations you "listen too" that are supported by credible links? Yes, IMO there is no point in giving time to opinion I disagree with, being presented with emperical information to consider is a different matter. We have previously agree on other matters, with this particlar issue not so - each to their own.

Joe ( the big guy) Biden needs to recuse  himself from any dealings in The Russian/Ukrainian conflict as he is far to compromised by both Governments as recent revelations in the MSM now verified.

He needs to task his VP to deal with all aspects of this conflict due to both him and his family being heavily compromised (according to even the left wing MSM).

2 hours ago, PBS said:

With reference to your post, 194291, within this topic, out of interest what are the alternative allegations you "listen too" that are supported by credible links? Yes, IMO there is no point in giving time to opinion I disagree with, being presented with emperical information to consider is a different matter. We have previously agree on other matters, with this particlar issue not so - each to their own.

Don’t put words in my mouth PBS. I only mentioned opinions, not “alternative allegations” contingent on “credible links”. 

Diverse opinions? Sure, I’m all ears. Everyone should be.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Don’t put words in my mouth PBS. I only mentioned opinions, not “alternative allegations” contingent on “credible links”. 

Diverse opinions? Sure, I’m all ears. Everyone should be.

Apologies - no intent to 'put words in your mouth". Plenty of instances of opinion being presented as allegation / fact.

We differ, as I previously mentioned not interested in other's opinions of Russia's illegal war. For me it's quite clear, Russia's invasion is totally unjustified.

Edited by PBS

4 hours ago, PBS said:

Apologies - no intent to 'put words in your mouth". Plenty of instances of opinion being presented as allegation / fact.

We differ, as I previously mentioned not interested in other's opinions of Russia's illegal war. For me it's quite clear, Russia's invasion is totally unjustified.

No trouble at all and fair play to you. Thank you for the apologies - it takes more strength to apologize than to refuse to and I acknowledge that. 

We do have a lot in common in regards to the topic at hand. Nonetheless, I’m interested to hear the reasons why people disagree with me.