News Forum - Drug abuse in Bodybuilding in Thailand | The Dark Side of Fitness

Thaiger

https://youtu.be/_6lm9DYrUUM Fitness craze is real. Body builders from around the world love to travel to Thailand to work out. Sometimes, to abuse the easy access drugs with no repercussions in Thailand. In this episode Jay sits with fitness expert Walter Veale to learn more about the drug abuse in the fitness world in Thailand.

The story Drug abuse in Bodybuilding in Thailand | The Dark Side of Fitness as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

One particular Muay Thai & Fitness shop in Phuket (attached to a gym that shares its name with this website) offers an actual catalogue of performance enhancing drugs (PEDs), including how to stack them and guides about their timing and cycling, right out in the open. It's almost abnormal NOT to do them.

I also recall one time I was in a pharmacy in Rawai, just looking for some Imodium, and the pharmacist mentioned my shirt and asked if I do Muay Thai. When I said yes, she instantly offered me syringes of testosterone, without hesitation. She laughed when I declined and then said she has the cheapest price, so she'll see me soon.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

I also recall one time I was in a pharmacy in Rawai, just looking for some Imodium, and the pharmacist mentioned my shirt and asked if I do Muay Thai. When I said yes, she instantly offered me syringes of testosterone, without hesitation. She laughed when I declined and then said she has the cheapest price, so she'll see me soon.

Kudos for your stance. I wouldn’t touch the stuff.

Had business colleague back in the UK and he was very into body building and with that came the steroids, he did all the body building shows etc.

But he looked like a cross between Charles Atlas and Arnold Schwarzenegger but underneath his muscular facade he was one of the most unfit guys I've ever met.

To cut a long story short he died at the age of 33 because of the steroids abuse. All his organs failed, infact the heart is a muscle and as well as the biceps growing in magnitude so does the heart and the body cannot supply enough blood to for the heart to function.

Nice guy but when he took the steroids he was like the Incredible Hulk, his temper and anger was out of this world.

• Like 1

Taking steroids as a 'body builder' (actually, it should be termed 'body destroying') is a mental illness that needs to be viewed and treated as such. These people suffer from as bad a case of body dysmorphia as anorexics, its just not viewed that way and for the life of me, I don't know why.  They are to be pitied not envied. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, yselmike said:

Do bears...........,is the Pope ..........

Does the Pope s@#t in the woods?