News Forum - Pattaya police arrest ‘restaurant’ manager who allegedly violated Covid-19 rules

Thaiger

Pattaya City Police reported yesterday that they arrested a ‘restaurant’ manager in Pattaya for allegedly selling alcohol without a permit, opening a venue without a permit, and breaking the Chonburi Disease Control Orders. Only former bars and clubs that have been converted into ‘restaurants’, and have proper certification, are approved by authorities are allowed to operate. Alcohol can be served until 11:00pm. Police took the manager to Pattaya Police Station. The name of the owner and venue were not given to The Pattaya News. Earlier this month, an entertainment official in Pattaya called on authorities to move closing times on […]

The story Pattaya police arrest ‘restaurant’ manager who allegedly violated Covid-19 rules as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 minute ago, Boddown said:

Obviously he didn't fill out their application form

Or he didn't fill the envelope enough.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Alcohol can be served until 11:00pm

😂😂. Really?  I need to get my watch checked out. I’m sure Me and a group of friends were drinking openly until 1am a couple of weeks back and a group of police turned up and did precisely….. Nothing! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Can't wait for the lineup of evidence. 

image.png.ffcd4d21fdbbfa9c1cd7f8c6ac570778.png

I would imagine a team of 20 police will have to return to the restaurant several times over the coming weeks to re-enact the crime. All costs on the house of course and each with a full bottle of whisky to take away for free. 

• Like 1

'Only former bars and clubs that have been converted into ‘restaurants’, and have proper certification, are approved by authorities are allowed to operate. Alcohol can be served until 11:00pm.' 

utter rubbish .. i know its not pattaya but here in patong bars (sorry I mean restaurants!) open until 2am. The police drive up bangla road 11pm with lights flashing to get the owners attention to tell them how late they can go on till..  and after checking into bay hill hotel for 3 nights we found out it holds nightly parties that finish after 5am!  Yet a friends bar he flatly refuses to pay police corruption money so they go to his bar and make sure he is closed at 11pm! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

😂😂. Really?  I need to get my watch checked out. I’m sure Me and a group of friends were drinking openly until 1am a couple of weeks back and a group of police turned up and did precisely….. Nothing! 

I was in a bar there in January, it was just passed 11pm and as we were finishing our last drinks, 4 uniforms entered the place, sat at the bar and drinks were put in front of them. They (so the last ones left in the bar) were drinking as we were leaving. (true story).

35 minutes ago, Manu said:

I was in a bar there in January, it was just passed 11pm and as we were finishing our last drinks, 4 uniforms entered the place, sat at the bar and drinks were put in front of them. They (so the last ones left in the bar) were drinking as we were leaving. (true story).

Can fully believe it. All the rules are a total waste of time. No one follows them and they are hardly ever enforced. Unless of course you don’t cough up the Tea Money. A total joke when you think about it. It’s essentially a lawless society. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1