News Forum - Petrol station attendant in Bangkok loses leg after being hit by another car while servicing

Thaiger

A petrol station attendant in Bangkok had to get his leg amputated after a car slammed into him and another car while he was filling up the gas. A driver, who had little experience behind the wheel, lost control of her new car, crashing into another car and the attendant. She had just bought the car that day and Thai media reported her as a “beginner driver.” The owner of the car that got hit shared pictures of the accident on her Facebook account which showed the grey-blue car smashed up against her white car at the petrol station in […]

The story Petrol station attendant in Bangkok loses leg after being hit by another car while servicing as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I commiserate him, since they even don't have a high salary. I hope the driver pay a amount of compensation.

Edited by SirPixAlot
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

So no driving license then? Hence no Insurance. So pay up or lock her up for a very long time.

It's a brand new car with a red plate. I'm quite certain the car dealer would have arranged for the buyer to have both the Compulsory Motor Insurance also known as “Por Ror Bor” on top of a Voluntary Car Insurance

https://www.roojai.com/en/car-insurance/compulsory/

43 minutes ago, Soidog said:

So no driving license then? Hence no Insurance. So pay up or lock her up for a very long time.

Drivers licence yes, but a newbie. Common knowlege is that if you have the extra cash, Thai can sometime pay to do a class of a school for driver teaching and get a free pass and license here. Skills have to be, put on seat belt, close the door and be able to start the car and put into drive. No one fails.

• Like 3

I have been driving here for almost 30 years. You can go upstairs for an authentic license or buy a fake downstairs.   In the old days you had to walk past the fake stand to access the stairs. Now they are behind the building. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joseph said:

I have been driving here for almost 30 years. You can go upstairs for an authentic license or buy a fake downstairs.   In the old days you had to walk past the fake stand to access the stairs. Now they are behind the building. 

Even a "real" licence is basically a fake.

On 3/25/2022 at 12:28 PM, Soidog said:

Nope. Legit. But just no experience. 

11 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

So a just a sad indictment of the Thai driver licensing system then? 

18 hours ago, joseph said:

I was licensed in 1973 and had tobeverything including driving. It wasn't too bad and I passed.

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I will hold judgement until after the investigation is done. Who knows but on the service it doesn't look good.