News Forum - Test & Go, Thailand Pass could be gone by June if no Covid surge after Songkran

Thaiger

22 hours ago, RoyalswithCheese said:

So they bloody well should discriminate against the unvax, its these selfish and paranoid folk that have held the world back longer that required. If you're unvaccinated stay at home hiding under the bed please. If you cant be bothered to play your part then don't whine when you're excluded.

That's right, let's now discriminate all the "bad guys" in this wonderful World that has shown century after century populations living in good health, in peace, helping each other, in love and harmony lead by wonderful governments with colourful butterflies flying above their heads... And then covid arrived and some decided to become "bad guys", just like that, which is absolutely unacceptable in our wonderful world.

• You are a smoker but vaccinated for covid? Good guy.
  • You eat junk food and drink coca cola everyday but vaccinated for covid? Good guy.
  • You are fat or obese because you never exercise in your whole life but vaccinated for covid? Good guy.
  • You never smoked in your life, have a very healthy eating diet, you are slim and athletic cause you exercise everyday, you are 25 with 0 health conditions but you are NOT vaccinated for covid? BAD, very BAD guy. Now "stay home hiding under the bed" says the GOOD guy, a 70 years old obese cause too many burgers but no exercise with lung cancer after 50 years of smoking but triple vaccinated for covid.

"to play your part"? To "play" what exactly? Was there a worldwide game to play and I missed it?

RoyalwithCheese (yeah, let's discriminate now, starting with people eating Royal with Cheese burgers, cause one day one of those selfish guys might end up in a bed hospital for eating too many burgers when I need one for a more noble disease), luckily people with this opinion are a tiny minority. I am vaccinated and I do not want your world of descrimination like the vast majority of us. It will be over soon so move on...

Edited by Manu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Manu said:

That's right, let's now discriminate all the "bad guys" in this wonderful World that has shown century after century populations living in good health, in peace, helping each other, in love and harmony lead by wonderful governments with colourful butterflies flying above their heads... And then covid arrived and some decided to become "bad guys", just like that, which is absolutely unacceptable in our wonderful world.

• You are a smoker but vaccinated for covid? Good guy.
  • You eat junk food and drink coca cola everyday but vaccinated for covid? Good guy.
  • You are fat or obese because you never exercise in your whole life but vaccinated for covid? Good guy.
  • You never smoked in your life, have a very healthy eating diet, you are slim and athletic cause you exercise everyday, you are 25 with 0 health conditions but you are NOT vaccinated for covid? BAD, very BAD guy. Now "stay home hiding under the bed" says the GOOD guy, a 70 years old obese  with lung cancer after 50 years of smoking but triple vaccinated for covid.

"to play your part"? To "play" what exactly? Was there a worldwide game to play and I missed it?

RoyalwithCheese (yeah, let's discriminate now, starting with people eating Royal with Cheese burgers, cause one day one of those selfish guys might end up in a bed hospital for eating too many burgers when I need one for a more noble disease), luckily people with this opinion are a tiny minority. I am vaccinated and I do not want your world of descrimination like the vast majority of us. It will be over soon so move on...

Great rant there ..😆

On 3/25/2022 at 12:28 AM, BBY said:

This is plain Yada Yada yada

its almost a given that there will be a spike after Songkran. So this means absolutely nothing.

Whilst other countries take control of their destiny and economies, understanding the need to live with Covid. I am afraid Thailand is and looks like it will remain, in a place where Covid is allowing them to live with it.

Go to Philippines, only ATK test for Pre-departure within 24 hours by April 1st..at least, you get to see some gogo girls dancing anywhere instead stressing about Thailand & Russian invasion.

On 3/24/2022 at 7:22 PM, Politenessman said:

If the point of an antigen test on entry is only to maintain public confidence, then it is time to drop the test entirely, because it is those tests and the accompanying possibility of being quarantined for 10 days of your holiday that are the reason tourists are not coming.

These dumb policies they continue to cling on to have not been science based for a long time now.  It's all politically driven now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ace035 said:

Go to Philippines, only ATK test for Pre-departure within 24 hours by April 1st..at least, you get to see some gogo girls dancing anywhere instead stressing about Thailand & Russian invasion.

Also, they don't allow unvaxxed tourists.  So not having to be around those people is a bonus.

Edited by samiam123
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2022 at 4:26 PM, riclag said:

They are still discriminating against the unvax! It shouldn’t matter anymore what your vax status is! Any sod can give it vax or unvax!

If you have underlying issues protect yourself with a vax!

I don't see it as discrimination. If you choose not to get a driver's license, please don't drive a car. If you choose not to get vaccinated, please don't interact with other people. 

On 3/25/2022 at 5:17 PM, RoyalswithCheese said:

So they bloody well should discriminate against the unvax, its these selfish and paranoid folk that have held the world back longer that required. If you're unvaccinated stay at home hiding under the bed please. If you cant be bothered to play your part then don't whine when you're excluded.

Agree

On 3/26/2022 at 6:31 PM, LoongFred said:

That's correct. We are visiting and are not part of the decision process. It's hard for some to realize that  no one in government pays any attention to their constant complaining.

They may or may not choose to listen, but the fact is "constant complaining" is constructive criticism - potential tourists are literally telling them exactly why they aren't coming at a time that Thailand is both getting left behind by competitor nations and getting increasingly desperate to attract tourist dollars.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Politenessman said:

They may or may not choose to listen, but the fact is "constant complaining" is constructive criticism - potential tourists are literally telling them exactly why they aren't coming at a time that Thailand is both getting left behind by competitor nations and getting increasingly desperate to attract tourist dollars.

Good point. Analysing complaints to seek opportunities for improvement is a widespread and time honoured method of identifying what and how to do better.

People are often more open in a negative response, better reflecting their true feelings. No-one gains much joy out of reading complaints, apart from one guy I used to work with who used to get a kick out of finding new swear words to use. 😁

But to ignore what is being said seems a bit of a "head in the sand" moment.