News Forum - Thailand cuts quarantine for unvaccinated travellers to 5 days

Thaiger

11 hours ago, Benroon said:

Is it selfish of me to want you to have a proven vaccine so that if I or my family want a hospital bed, we're not blocked by someone lying there with severe covid through choice/stupidity ?

Firstly, there are 2 choices. A private hospital... I am vaccinated but if I was not and I end up badly ill with covid, I have the money to pay for the private hospital. You have no say to that. A public hospital... funded by? Yes, by me too, so again, I would have the same right to be treated by a service that I already paid for.

Secondly, I hope...

...you do not smoke, I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken by a stupid smoker when I need one.

... you do not drink alcohool, again I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken by a stupid alcohoolic when I need one.

...you eat your 5 fruits and vegetables daily and never any junk food cause I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken by a stupid s***t eater when I need one.... and of course, organic the fruits and vegetables, I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken by a stupid pesticide eater with cancer when I need one.

...you excercise everyday and are not fat or obese, I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken (even with covid since at high risk for that too) by a stupid lazy guy when I need one.

...you always wear your seatbelt and always drive under the limit, you always wear a helmet, etc..., I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken by a stupid driver when I need one.

...you never do some skiing for leisure, I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken by a stupid guy selfish enough to have fun in the snow when I need one. That goes for all leisure sports with risks of being badly injured...

...and on and on and on...

See where this logic leads to? It is called freedom. It is not negotiable! If you find one single reason to take it away, then you can find many, and it is the beggining of the end. I am 50 and pretty healthy, I did get my 2 doses (I had no choice anyway) and 8 months later, covid too (there goes my 3rd dose). I will always stick to anyone who choose the freedom of not being vaccinated and if I had been a 20 years younger, I would have done exactly so. It is not up to you or anyone to decide for others, move on and get on with it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MrNovax said:

Please dont expect to bar others from public spaces because they dont make the same medical choices as you.  If you dont feel safe, stay home.  

But i would be open to removing myself from government controlled spaces if i was able to opt out of the extortion (tax) system.  it would be great to have a land area not controlled by a national mafia in which those of who prefer to live our lives truly free could go to.   As soon as that place exists im all for allowing all the restrictions you'd like, but while we are all forced to exist under these institutions the freedom of choice needs to remain a hard line.  

Sort of like Homeschooling your kids because you wont have them vaccinated as per policy.  I see that time and time again and then the people complain that their children did not have the same opportunities because they were excluded from school because of their freedom of choice.  Freedom of choice creates it's own issues and with it come the ones who want to whine about how their rights are being violated. Give it a rest. You either do what's needed or you don't but don't think you deserve special dispensation because you decided not to Vax and want the same benefits as those that have.

• Like 2

not sure in airline will accept unvaccinated passengers to travel especially without a PCR testing and unvaccinated ,that would risk to other passenger,my nephew wants to travel to to turkey unvaccinated, he still waiting for approval

The choice was made perfectly clear. Get vaccinated and be allowed to go places.

Decide not to get vaccinated (usually because you believe some fake conspiracy theory) and stay in your own country.

You guys were not held down and vaccinated against your will. You chose to refuse a vaccine. 

Live with the consequences of your choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, MrNovax said:

Some of us dont feel is "proven".  Some of us know people who have had severe adverse affects from the shot.  And since even the makers dont even proport that having a shot stops transmission, i dont see how its "selfish" or "stupid" to prefer the risk of the virus.  

Just bizarre - ok lets break this down - name one medicine that has NEVER had a side effect ? Paracetomol taken by millions on a daily basis has a long list of possible side effects - should everyone stop taking a proven pain killer ? Do you take it ? Have you ever had ANY vaccine given I'm sure people have died from every one of them - all 0.0000000000001% of them!

It's entirely your choice though - if you think a few youtube nutjobs should be believed over 99.99999999% of the worlds virologists/scientists then I wish you a safe future. Presumably you never go to doctors, I mean with their extensive training and knowledge in their field, what the hell would they know!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, harry1 said:

not sure in airline will accept unvaccinated passengers to travel especially without a PCR testing and unvaccinated ,that would risk to other passenger,my nephew wants to travel to to turkey unvaccinated, he still waiting for approval

Hopefully common sense will prevail and he will be told no chance.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Manu said:

Firstly, there are 2 choices. A private hospital... I am vaccinated but if I was not and I end up badly ill with covid, I have the money to pay for the private hospital. You have no say to that. A public hospital... funded by? Yes, by me too, so again, I would have the same right to be treated by a service that I already paid for.

Secondly, I hope...

...you do not smoke, I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken by a stupid smoker when I need one.

... you do not drink alcohool, again I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken by a stupid alcohoolic when I need one.

...you eat your 5 fruits and vegetables daily and never any junk food cause I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken by a stupid s***t eater when I need one.... and of course, organic the fruits and vegetables, I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken by a stupid pesticide eater with cancer when I need one.

...you excercise everyday and are not fat or obese, I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken (even with covid since at high risk for that too) by a stupid lazy guy when I need one.

...you always wear your seatbelt and always drive under the limit, you always wear a helmet, etc..., I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken by a stupid driver when I need one.

...you never do some skiing for leisure, I would be very annoyed to see a bed taken by a stupid guy selfish enough to have fun in the snow when I need one. That goes for all leisure sports with risks of being badly injured...

...and on and on and on...

See where this logic leads to? It is called freedom. It is not negotiable! If you find one single reason to take it away, then you can find many, and it is the beggining of the end. I am 50 and pretty healthy, I did get my 2 doses (I had no choice anyway) and 8 months later, covid too (there goes my 3rd dose). I will always stick to anyone who choose the freedom of not being vaccinated and if I had been a 20 years younger, I would have done exactly so. It is not up to you or anyone to decide for others, move on and get on with it.

Odd - so as a young person you would remain selfish and not get vaccinated - but as an old person you think it's wise ? How so ?

When I choose to go ski-ing I don't KNOWINGLY put other people/public systems at risk (apply to other categories) that's the difference.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Odd - so as a young person you would remain selfish and not get vaccinated - but as an old person you think it's wise ? How so ?

When I choose to go ski-ing I don't KNOWINGLY put other people/public systems at risk (apply to other categories) that's the difference.

As a young person I strongly believe that I it is not needed. For me nor everyone else.                                                 Not knowingly but it is all the same if you are going to take over an hospital bed, which was about that and freedom too. Well maybe they do not talk over 24h a day for 2 years about it hence you do not know. Also you choose to mention that one of any other I mentioned or even the 100s of other possibilities that I did not but was making my point too, freedom. Come with arguments about my whole comment if you want to argue, not just the sentence that suits you.

21 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

There is that place, it's called the Antarctica.

Antarctica is fully claimed, some areas by multiple nations 

9 minutes ago, Manu said:

As a young person I strongly believe that I it is not needed. For me nor everyone else.                                                 Not knowingly but it is all the same if you are going to take over an hospital bed, which was about that and freedom too. Well maybe they do not talk over 24h a day for 2 years about it hence you do not know. Also you choose to mention that one of any other I mentioned or even the 100s of other possibilities that I did not but was making my point too, freedom. Come with arguments about my whole comment if you want to argue, not just the sentence that suits you.

The virus has no age limits, many young people have died even if they are less likely too. The whole point of the vaccine was to remove, as far as possible, the possibility that public health systems could be besieged thereby everyone in need, across a myriad of needs and illnesses, could be impacted, the consequences of which could be utterly catastrophic. It was never about prevention which stunningly people on here still believe. It is wanting to be part of not allowing that scenario to come to fruition, based on utterly overwhelming endorsements from people in the appropriate field, that leads me to believe anyone not taking the vaccine is beyond selfish! 

As for 'sentences that suit me' perhaps you missed the bit where I said 'apply to other categories' ie it was not necessary to list each one you mentioned. Smoking is a bizarre activity imo given the overwhelming evidence it's probably going to kill you or incapacitate you in some way, and personally I think they should be taxed out of existence, but again it is the 'knowingly' part that's relevant.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Manu said:

Yeah there is a question of freedom but there is also a question of doing the right thing for the society you live in.

Freedom does not mean you can park your car blocking your neighbors driveway because society says you shouldnt be doing that. 

Society decided that the right thing to do was get vaccinated and fulfill your obligations to it.

As a young person YOU decided not to do that. Even though the risk to you from doing it was absolutely minimal.

Thats fine. No problem. Its your choice.

But dont cry about societies reaction to your choice. 

• Like 1

while businesses in Bangkok at least require people exposed to self isolate and do home testing on 3rd, 7th and 10th day. i guess tourists are better vaccinated than locals

52 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

i would home school my kids (if i had any) so they would actually get educated instead of being propagandized 

What if i dont feel safe around people who give formula to their kids instead of breast milk.  do i get to bar them from society? 

How I enjoy reading self centered posts from individuals who think the world is all about me me me.....lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

while businesses in Bangkok at least require people exposed to self isolate and do home testing on 3rd, 7th and 10th day. i guess tourists are better vaccinated than locals

All tourists as far as I know ,except for a very slim minority are vaccinated, while the Thai public is only 74% single vaccinated and the remainder 71% double vaccinated with only 30% having a booster. So it is definitely an issue where the tourists can be infected by a local....

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

All tourists as far as I know ,except for a very slim minority are vaccinated, while the Thai public is only 74% single vaccinated and the remainder 71% double vaccinated with only 30% having a booster. So it is definitely an issue where the tourists can be infected by a local....

vaccination doesn't prevent infection, neither it makes infected person less dangerous to others. On the same note, masks protect other people from person who wear a mask, not the other way around. It will really help if this health min start educating people about covid, instead of saving poor babushka from being jailed for one rouge canabis plant 

1 minute ago, AlexPTY said:

On the same note, masks protect other people from person who wear a mask, not the other way around.

A very good point, and a lot of folk seem to think they are protecting themselves primarily by wearing them. Very annoying as they squeeze their masks to their nose as I cross paths with them, even though I’m masked up. So many epsilon semi morons in this world. 

Now, who is the bigger danger, the quarantined or the populace they are about to be unleashed on?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vlad said:

The CC corner thread has ended Mr Novaz.

This is incorrect, Vlad. The Controversial Covid Corner - continued, is still in operation.

6 hours ago, MrNovax said:

and i have been careful not to point to any studies or other information which is disallowed.  it does kinda feel like im fighting with an arm tied behind my back though.  

This is incorrect MrNovax. The Controversial Covid Corner -continued is still in operation.