News Forum - New report “Nowhere is Safe” accuses Myanmar of sniper attacks

Thaiger

A human rights group, along with Yale Law School’s Scholl Center, accuse Myanmar’s junta chief of creating a special command that deployed snipers to kill unarmed protestors. The groups say this was to create fear. The Scholl Center and Fortify Rights investigated leaked documents and 128 testimonies from survivors, medical workers, witnesses and former military and police personnel, on violence in Myanmar. The report they published today is titled “Nowhere is Safe”. The report identified 61 military and police commanders who the researchers said should be investigated for crimes against humanity. Six of these individuals are allegedly active-duty army personnel, […]

The story New report “Nowhere is Safe” accuses Myanmar of sniper attacks as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This condemnation coming from the States, where they  glorify these kinds of long distance murderers for hire!  All special forces murder in this cowardly fashion! But like everything else, If we do it, it's Ok but if you do it its a war crime!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, anarchofarmer said:

This condemnation coming from the States, where they  glorify these kinds of long distance murderers for hire!  All special forces murder in this cowardly fashion! But like everything else, If we do it, it's Ok but if you do it its a war crime!

The situation is different. In Myanmar the military kills civilians in an actually war situation you are allowed to use snipers against the enemies soldiers.

BTW I sems to remember similar method where the army was killing civilians was used in another SE Asian country a few years ago. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Think using a sniper to kill in a war situation soldier against soldier is a bit different to a sniper specializing in killing civilians because they dared to stand up for their rights against thugs and criminals masquerading as a respectable armed force.

33 minutes ago, anarchofarmer said:

Military Sniping is for killing very bad guys, usually war criminals, on or near the battlefield … very risky and takes great skill & courage.

Only Tyrants use it to murder dissident civilians which IS Cowardly with zero risk.

Now it’s true USA has a history of Political Assassination but that’s something else. 

25 minutes ago, Rebel said:

The situation is different. In Myanmar the military kills civilians in an actually war situation you are allowed to use snipers against the enemies soldiers.

BTW I sems to remember similar method where the army was killing civilians was used in another SE Asian country a few years ago. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Yeah you must mean here right 😉?

17 minutes ago, palooka said:

Think using a sniper to kill in a war situation soldier against soldier is a bit different to a sniper specializing in killing civilians because they dared to stand up for their rights against thugs and criminals masquerading as a respectable armed force.

Finally Burma Junta copying “Rambo 4” movie, with amazing gory scenes ( not seen since “ The Professionals”!) of Burma “ Army” ( psychotic murdering loons) getting butchered & sniped by combined US/ UK SF mercenaries 😉😎 with Hill Tribe Army joining in too 🤨 

23 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Military Sniping is for killing very bad guys, usually war criminals, on or near the battlefield … very risky and takes great skill & courage.

Only Tyrants use it to murder dissident civilians which IS Cowardly with zero risk.

Now it’s true USA has a history of Political Assassination but that’s something else. 

I'm curious, who's the impartial observer who decides who's a good guy and who's a bad guy?? At the end of the day all the "targets" are being murdered for their beliefs! I guess King George should have used snipers a lot to get rid of those ridiculous yankee rebels, just as many governments use them o remove dissidents who, by their definitions, are bad guys! No matter how you cut it, these snipers are simply glorified murderers acting on the good guy / bad guy concepts of their "masters" - killers for hire!

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 6:22 PM, Thaiger said:

“Nowhere is Safe”.

The most dangerous place is the safest place. Next to the chief

5 hours ago, anarchofarmer said:

I'm curious, who's the impartial observer who decides who's a good guy and who's a bad guy?? At the end of the day all the "targets" are being murdered for their beliefs! I guess King George should have used snipers a lot to get rid of those ridiculous yankee rebels, just as many governments use them o remove dissidents who, by their definitions, are bad guys! No matter how you cut it, these snipers are simply glorified murderers acting on the good guy / bad guy concepts of their "masters" - killers for hire!

Can’t really help any adult who can’t distinguish between good & evil and who wrongly thinks sniping enemy combatants because of their Actions ( not “beliefs”!) is “murder”. Intl. Law says it Isn’t.

But here’s a clue re. Good / Evil Putin Hitler Stalin Mao = Bad Guy ( being Tyrant Murderers of Millions, Genocidal Maniacs, you know, not Boy Scouts collecting for Charity anyway). 

Roosevelt Churchill = Good Guy ( Democratically Elected Fighters of Tyranny).

5 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Roosevelt Churchill = Good Guy ( Democratically Elected Fighters of Tyranny).

Democratically Elected Fighters of the ideas you don't share. I'm sure many Germans of the time thought otherwise about Roosevelt and Churchill. 

Who was brainwashed? Both sides. 

The Truth is whatever you believe. So the truth that I wholeheartedly believe may be very different from yours. But which one is right? Nobody but god can tell. And since god most likely doesn't exist, nobody can tell which idea is right, as this is not some scientific that can be proven with data. 

Keypoint is to understand this, and not kill each other because of different "truths" (ideas). Learn to peacefully coexist even while disagreeing? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Democratically Elected Fighters of the ideas you don't share. I'm sure many Germans of the time thought otherwise about Roosevelt and Churchill. 

Who was brainwashed? Both sides. 

The Truth is whatever you believe. So the truth that I wholeheartedly believe may be very different from yours. But which one is right? Nobody but god can tell. And since god most likely doesn't exist, nobody can tell which idea is right, as this is not some scientific that can be proven with data. 

Keypoint is to understand this, and not kill each other because of different "truths" (ideas). Learn to peacefully coexist even while disagreeing? 

No. Delusion / Reality Absence Levels off the charts with that post 😫so probably wasting my time applying Reason & Rationality but let’s try. Psychiatrist Required though 🤣😩Truly Lost Poster with Too Many Misconceptions …..

Truth is Evidential Fact not Belief. Human Rights are Values recognized & enshrined universally in constitutions & charters signed by all (even Tyrants).

Scientific Method is Human not “Divine” and applies to all Facts & Beliefs.
Genocide for example is a Clear Evidential Crime against Humanity.

Misguided Fanatics fighting for Fascism or Communism are Violating / Denying/ Qualifying /Suspending those accepted Human Rights so effectively Outlaws.  

Brainwashing characteristic of tyrannies (but has occurred last 30 years in the West higher education & social media, to form a limited “tyranny”.

God is entirely unevidenced so exists in the minds only of frightened simpletons or the seriously delusional. 

War hardwired into Humans. Always caused by “Leaders” 99% of whom have led Humanity into catastrophe.Problem is that Anarchy doesn’t work either and is unnatural for humans.

Plato 2500 years ago: “ only the dead have seen the end of war”

I have removed three posts, one being particulary obscene, which will be reviewed by Admin later.

The poster can expect a strong sanction.

Thread locked until then.