News Forum - Bangkok sidewalk project focused on use and safety for those with disabilities

Thaiger

Bangkok officials are working on a project to make the sidewalks and pavement in the heart of the capital more functional and safer for those with disabilities as well as the elderly. The sidewalk design will incorporate ramps for wheelchair users as well as braille blocks, also known as tactile paving, for those with vision impairments. The project is focused on just over 2 kilometres of Rama I Road in the city centre and is expected to be completed by next month and will serve as a model for other locations in Bangkok. Running from the Ratchaprasong Intersection near the […]

The story Bangkok sidewalk project focused on use and safety for those with disabilities as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

33 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

make the sidewalks and pavement in the heart of the capital more functional

Will it be motorbike functional? In any case, that's what it's going to be used for.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I’m not sure at if this happened at other BTS stations but at least Chong Nonsi they installed new elevators to the BTS but just took space out of the sidewalk making the sidewalk largely impassable and most people walk in the road to get around it. And of course they were completed about 4 months ago but are still “closed” 😂

You would think having a clear and safe sidewalk (pavement) was a challenge similar to developing cold fusion! FFS it’s simple. Give me 30 mins I’ll sort it for you. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 4:35 PM, Thaiger said:

Bangkok officials are working on a project to make the sidewalks and pavement in the heart of the capital more functional and safer for those with disabilities as well as the elderly. The sidewalk design will incorporate ramps for wheelchair users as well as braille blocks, also known as tactile paving, for those with vision impairments. The project is focused on just over 2 kilometres of Rama I Road in the city centre and is expected to be completed by next month and will serve as a model for other locations in Bangkok. Running from the Ratchaprasong Intersection near the […]

The story Bangkok sidewalk project focused on use and safety for those with disabilities as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thumbs up, Good job to help the less privileged

• Like 2

My sense of balance has got pretty bad over the last few years - it was never that good - and I often stumble around like a drunk even when I am stone cold sober, even steps are a problem for me if there is nothing for me to hold on to. Bangkok pavements, in fact pavements in Thailand in general, are a nightmare for me.