News Forum - Deltacron circulating in Thailand since December, all patients recovered

Thaiger

The head of the Department of Medical Sciences says the Deltacron mutation has been circulating in Thailand since at least December, but is not a cause for concern. According to a Thai PBS World report, Dr. Supakit Sirilak says 73 cases were detected during December and January, and all patients have recovered. Deltacron is thought to be a combination of mutations from both the Delta and Omicron variants. Supakit says his team decoded the genetic makeup of the 73 cases and concluded the infections were most likely Deltacron, with the samples submitted to GISAID, a global science initiative and primary […]

The story Deltacron circulating in Thailand since December, all patients recovered as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And the virus just keeps on going and keeps on fouling up our lives in our faces. Just a terrible gift that keeps on giving. Never thought I would ever get so sick and tired of something.

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

And the virus just keeps on going and keeps on fouling up our lives in our faces. Just a terrible gift that keeps on giving. Never thought I would ever get so sick and tired of something.

Much of the world is still in a state of hysteria. I’m not sure where you are living, but not everywhere is the same. A friend of mine who lives in Thailand went to the UK last week; first time he’s been there for over five years. He called me up the following day and was so excited. “It’s all normal here, everywhere is open and hardly any masks. It’s incredible. Life is all back to how it was”.  Yes, I know I replied !! 

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Much of the world is still in a state of hysteria. I’m not sure where you are living, but not everywhere is the same. A friend of mine who lives in Thailand went to the UK last week; first time he’s been there for over five years. He called me up the following day and was so excited. “It’s all normal here, everywhere is open and hardly any masks. It’s incredible. Life is all back to how it was”.  Yes, I know I replied !! 

I am permanently in CM. It may seem normal but I still think serious smart caution needs to be exercised no matter where you are unless you think you are impervious to getting virus ill and possibly hospitalized or having the misfortune of passing it on to a weak friend or family member and they pay the cost. Don’t want any false sense of letting your guard down if the surroundings happen to look rosy. I am not the Sky is falling guy, but this may still be a long way from when we can hopefully stop openly dealing with it to just living with it and put it out of mind. So until then it is just a big pain in the rear that is something I think was man made for some god forbid rotten purpose that should have never been tinkered with. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I am permanently in CM. It may seem normal but I still think serious smart caution needs to be exercised no matter where you are unless you think you are impervious to getting virus ill and possibly hospitalized or having the misfortune of passing it on to a weak friend or family member and they pay the cost. Don’t want any false sense of letting your guard down if the surroundings happen to look rosy. I am not the Sky is falling guy, but this may still be a long way from when we can hopefully stop openly dealing with it to just living with it and put it out of mind. So until then it is just a big pain in the rear that is something I think was man made for some god forbid rotten purpose that should have never been tinkered with. 

You make some fair points. Although I’m generally getting on with life, shaking hands is still something I’m not doing. Allowing people to get too close to me is also I’m still conscious of and preferring to have a coffee sat outside rather than indoors. Washing my hands and using elbows to slide doors open etc are all things I think I’ll be doing for some time to come. 

When I was in the UK is still took an antigen test before going to visit my elderly parents and this is something I’ll be doing again on my return in June. I never tested myself for Flu before I visited my elderly parents and that could just as easily killed them.

These are all sensible precautions that don’t impact your life too much and also protect from other illnesses such as influenza. We will never be free from Covid and so we need to move forward and learn to live with it just as we have with Flu. It’s the closure of entertainment venues such as clubs, bars, restaurant. The wearing of face masks and the multitude of travel restrictions that are all too much. 

4 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You make some fair points. Although I’m generally getting on with life, shaking hands is still something I’m not doing. Allowing people to get too close to me is also I’m still conscious of and preferring to have a coffee sat outside rather than indoors. Washing my hands and using elbows to slide doors open etc are all things I think I’ll be doing for some time to come. 

When I was in the UK is still took an antigen test before going to visit my elderly parents and this is something I’ll be doing again on my return in June. I never tested myself for Flu before I visited my elderly parents and that could just as easily killed them.

These are all sensible precautions that don’t impact your life too much and also protect from other illnesses such as influenza. We will never be free from Covid and so we need to move forward and learn to live with it just as we have with Flu. It’s the closure of entertainment venues such as clubs, bars, restaurant. The wearing of face masks and the multitude of travel restrictions that are all too much. 

Good to read you are still using caution and restraints. Only smart and sensible for everyone.

• Thanks 1