News Forum - Planning a trip to Phuket this Songkran 2022? Here are some tips

Thaiger

Phuket is an interesting spot to spend Songkran 2022, with great tours, fantastic shopping, and fun activities. It was originally planned to be a dry Songkran, with no water splashing permitted and only traditional events and activities taking place. However, it appears that they will allow “certain organisers” to stage special Songkran water splashing events, with the caveat that you must wear a face mask and pass an ATK test before entering the zone.  If you are planning to visit Phuket in April here are some tips for you. 1. Book your flight and hotel as soon as possible Phuket […]

The story Planning a trip to Phuket this Songkran 2022? Here are some tips as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Here’s a better tip…. Don’t bother. Stay where you are. Save your money. Or spend it in a country that shows they  actually want tourists. Thailand no longer wants you. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Here’s a better tip…. Don’t bother. Stay where you are. Save your money. Or spend it in a country that shows they  actually want tourists. Thailand no longer wants you. 

Its kinda ridiculous to plan a holiday in a country that has a active emergency decree together with a possible forced quarantine measures!

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Its kinda ridiculous to plan a holiday in a country that has a active emergency decree together with a possible forced quarantine measures!

No kinda about it mate. You’d deserve all you get if it went wrong. If I was a “Tourist”, Thailand would be off my list of places to visit for at least another 12 months. I’m here now and it’s baffling to see some of the restrictions and the way people behave. People on bikes, no helmet but wearing a face mask. Bars selling alcohol with big signs saying “No Alcohol for Sale”. People sat on a beach with face masks on. These aren’t the actions of rational people. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soidog said:

No kinda about it mate. You’d deserve all you get if it went wrong. If I was a “Tourist”, Thailand would be off my list of places to visit for at least another 12 months. I’m here now and it’s baffling to see some of the restrictions and the way people behave. People on bikes, no helmet but wearing a face mask. Bars selling alcohol with big signs saying “No Alcohol for Sale”. People sat on a beach with face masks on. These aren’t the actions of rational people. 

Are there police on the beach policing masks?

11 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Are there police on the beach policing masks?

I’ve never seen any personally. But a friend of mine who lives in Chon Buri province was approached by what he said were military looking police about 2 months ago and asked where his mask was as he finished his evening swim. He told them he had forgotten and left it on while he went for a swim! They accepted the excuse and reminded him to wear one next time 😂

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I’ve never seen any personally. But a friend of mine who lives in Chon Buri province was approached by what he said were military looking police about 2 months ago and asked where his mask was as he finished his evening swim. He told them he had forgotten and left it on while he went for a swim! They accepted the excuse and reminded him to wear one next time 😂

I don't think I will be wearing a mask on the beach 

Will keep one handy but will not be wearing one

I always wear one of those checkered scarfs when riding the MB, and now will wear a gator......so that won't be an issue for me

• Like 2

Are people really wearing masks on the beach? I just learned about this now, didn't think to look up mask rules in Thailand because I couldn't imagine that they'd require people to wear one even outside. My flight is already booked, so nothing to do about it now, but I'll make sure to only spend time on deserted beaches, because I am not wearing a mask on the beach. 🙄

Edited by DaKokonut