News Forum - No Songkran water fights in Pattaya, mayor confirms

Thaiger

The mayor of Pattaya has approved the Songkran celebration but has changed the spotlight to traditional and religious activities instead. With fears and concerns about Covid-19, water and foam events, as well as alcohol consumption and celebrations will be prohibited for another year. Masks must be worn at all times, including outdoors. To meet with the “Covid Free Setting” guideline, the primary focus will be on keeping Thai traditional values such as cleaning the Buddha’s statue, paying respect to the elderly and making merit. With Covid-19 restrictions, this will be the first time since 2019 that “Wan Lai” on April […]

The story No Songkran water fights in Pattaya, mayor confirms as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Outstanding news that means there won't be any Chav type people that save a fiver of their dole money all year round to come to Pattaya at the worse time of year to play water fights with kids.

A  true loss for the 7/11 & Family Marts of the City but I'm sure the Business owners and Expat Community alike will be extactic with the good news.

whatever province offers some sort of waterfight will clear up. i've never noticed any chavs  ...im sure they are all at dance events in the UK.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 23RD said:

Outstanding news that means there won't be any Chav type people that save a fiver of their dole money all year round to come to Pattaya at the worse time of year to play water fights with kids.

A  true loss for the 7/11 & Family Marts of the City but I'm sure the Business owners and Expat Community alike will be extactic with the good news.

I disagree. On the island where I am, we, Expats and Thais alike of all ages, are disapointed that this will not happen again this year. After the last 2 years, any kind of fun is welcome for many. And to be honest, I personally definitely have far more fun "playing water fights with kids" than "adult" debats on this forum. You know, like for everything else, if you do not like it, you always have the option of not taking part and let everyone having their fun as they choose (without judging just because you do not like it): everyone's a winner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manu said:

On the island where I am, we

Says it all your on an Island not Pattaya. 

3 hours ago, Manu said:

And to be honest, I personally definitely have far more fun "playing water fights with kids" than "adult"

OMG now that statement has shades off  Gary Glitter/ Jimmy Saville. 

3 hours ago, Manu said:

if you do not like it, you always have the option of not taking part and let everyone having their fun

You've obviously never been to Pattaya during Songkran. 

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Says it all your on an Island not Pattaya.

You've obviously never been to Pattaya during Songkran. 

Like I said, get on your bike and out of Pattaya for the time sake, problem solved: they have fun you do not like / you do not have to suffer from it.

OMG now that statement has shades off  Gary Glitter/ Jimmy Saville.

You are being sacarstic there I hope?

3 minutes ago, Manu said:

Like I said, get on your bike and out of Pattaya for the time sake, problem solved: they have fun you do not like / you do not have to suffer from it.

I've lived in Pattaya for 10 years own a property and put a lot off money into the local economy why would I need to move for a 2 week tourist over Songkran?

6 minutes ago, Manu said:

You are being sacarstic there I hope?

I'm just quoting was you've posting Gaz Jimmy or Manu.

8 hours ago, 23RD said:

I've lived in Pattaya for 10 years own a property and put a lot off money into the local economy why would I need to move for a 2 week tourist over Songkran?

I'm just quoting was you've posting Gaz Jimmy or Manu.

So you own a property and that makes you the one in charge. And for the second comment: nice to meet nasty again. Brave keyboard warriors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Manu said:

You know, like for everything else, if you do not like it, you always have the option of not taking part and let everyone having their fun as they choose (without judging just because you do not like it): everyone's a winner.

That's not exactly the case though with Songkran

A lot of times, you can't choose to not taking part if it is going on around you..............

I don't mind it, just make sure my phone can't get wet

But a lot of times, it's hard to avoid getting wet even if you don't want to participate

8 hours ago, 23RD said:

I've lived in Pattaya for 10 years own a property and put a lot off money into the local economy

That is such a weird thing to say

I have only heard Thai expats say this..............as if they are some kind of hero because they spend the money they want to spend

24 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

That's not exactly the case though with Songkran

A lot of times, you can't choose to not taking part if it is going on around you..............

I don't mind it, just make sure my phone can't get wet

But a lot of times, it's hard to avoid getting wet even if you don't want to participate

Complete nonsense. Stay home. So many ways. The thing is I don’t understand people avoiding it my l cause personally I love it…. Mostly because people around me feel the same. 

24 minutes ago, Manu said:

Complete nonsense. Stay home. So many ways. The thing is I don’t understand people avoiding it my l cause personally I love it…. Mostly because people around me feel the same. 

Who is the one being aggressive now, Manu? 555

You have said you can choose not to participate.......I said, at times, you don't have a choice and that is 100% true............it's not nonsense

Many times I have been in Bangkok or somewhere else and when going to dinner, you have to factor in possibly getting wet on the way there.............

At times it is unavoidable.............that's a fact

As I said above, I don't  mind it...........but at times it's something you have to worry about

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

That is such a weird thing to say

I have only heard Thai expats say this..............as if they are some kind of hero because they spend the money they want to spend

Well Marc one day the dream might come true for you too . 

But you're a bit off a late starter if you'd of had a real job with a pension scheme most of your adult life  you too could have been a Thailand Expat by now 

But as the classic Journey song goes Don't stop believing. 

1 hour ago, Manu said:

And for the second comment: nice to meet nasty again. Brave keyboard warriors.

OMG Manu I just quoted you when you said you prefer to play with kids than adults Man and you go off on one calling me a keyboard warrior. 

You have to understand that sort off statement by a grown Man preferring the company off kids to adults does sound a bit Gary Glitterish to the more Conservative Members of The Forum. 

51 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Who is the one being aggressive now, Manu? 555

You have said you can choose not to participate.......I said, at times, you don't have a choice and that is 100% true............it's not nonsense

Many times I have been in Bangkok or somewhere else and when going to dinner, you have to factor in possibly getting wet on the way there.............

At times it is unavoidable.............that's a fact

As I said above, I don't  mind it...........but at times it's something you have to worry about

Actually a good post Marc the folk I feel most sorry for are the locals especially when their on the way to and from work trying to make a living and some Falang with the mental age off 7 thinks its hilarious to soak them.  

There the People who can't take a week off or stay at home during Songkran. 

39 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Well Marc one day the dream might come true for you too . 

But you're a bit off a late starter if you'd of had a real job with a pension scheme most of your adult life  you too could have been a Thailand Expat by now 

But as the classic Journey song goes Don't stop believing. 

What would Thailand do without your pension dollars, the horror!   :)

14 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Actually a good post Marc the folk I feel most sorry for are the locals especially when their on the way to and from work trying to make a living and some Falang with the mental age off 7 thinks its hilarious to soak them.  

There the People who can't take a week off or stay at home during Songkran. 

Thanks

I was just a bit more worried about getting my Ferregamo's wet   5555