News Forum - Tourism officials push for all entry restrictions for vaccinated travellers to be lifted by June 1

Thaiger

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Something that comes naturally to the Chinese government and the Chinese people. 

That's prejudging.

4 hours ago, Manu said:

Who did? You obviously mean me... But again, I never. I just said that at the current time, the UK policy of 0 restrictions make more sense to me. That is what I said cause that is what I think. Another pointless attack with no other purpose than being, at the worst nasty, at the very less completely subjective. Don't you get bored of it???

Best was clearly the advanced democratic East Asian countries…. and Sweden.

2 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

That's prejudging.

How is watching city after city locked down and travel in and out of China closed for months prejudging?  It’s already happened. I don’t care what their final Covid numbers are. I don’t care how well they have managed their economy. I would not have wished to have been living in China these past two years (past not pre).

2 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Best was clearly the advanced democratic East Asian countries…. and Sweden.

I could vote for that. The advanced East Asian countries had learned from SARS and much better prepared. Asian cultures also tend to trust their governments more than western. As a result, they take the advice and act on it. I think the same is true of Swedish culture. A Swedish friend of mine told me how the Health Minister had “Suggested” people keep children away from school. The next day nearly all schools were closed due to lack of students.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Soidog said:

How is watching city after city locked down and travel in and out of China closed for months prejudging?  It’s already happened. I don’t care what their final Covid numbers are. I don’t care how well they have managed their economy. I would not have wished to have been living in China these past two years (past not pre).

CCP using their enslaved 1.4 billion for a giant Zero Covid experiment ….  how long to get how close with maximum effort ( whole population lockdown)….
Discovering & overcoming problems along the way ……Just because they can & consistent with / enables their total surveilled control master goal ….. next will be everybody chipped.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

Because statistically being unvaccinated means a greater likelihood of a poorer response outcome to becoming infected with covid-19.

This hasn't been my experience... And yes, I have experience. I have been on the front lines, as a "frontline" healthcare worker for nearly the entire time since April of 2020. We can play the citation game if you want (and I won't be), but I reckon I will be able to find an equal amount of literature "Scientific Studies" showing naturally acquired immunity as being comparable to the waning of the not vaccines... because they are not actually vaccines. 

4 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

This hasn't been my experience... And yes, I have experience. I have been on the front lines, as a "frontline" healthcare worker for nearly the entire time since April of 2020. We can play the citation game if you want (and I won't be), but I reckon I will be able to find an equal amount of literature "Scientific Studies" showing naturally acquired immunity as being comparable to the waning of the not vaccines... because they are not actually vaccines. 

Disgrace to your profession with that “vaccines.... not actually vaccines” ending unless driver or porter 🤣 Definitions do change you know. Latest consensus medical term definition of “vaccine” trumps Webster 1968 definition🤣😏

42 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

That's prejudging.

Highly collective mindset of Asians is true enough . One man (Emperor) decided to close China around 1450 … so it was, for next 400 years.

Now imagine the cacophonous laughter, at court,  if any European king had announced same ….. or that , as in China again, “only your Emperor can use purple ink”; total non - compliance as “ surely your majesty, you jest ! ” 🤣🤣

19 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Highly collective mindset of Asians is true enough . One man (Emperor) decided to close China around 1450 … so it was, for next 400 years.

Now imagine the cacophonous laughter, at court,  if any European king had announced same ….. or that , as in China again, “only your Emperor can use purple ink”; total non - compliance as “ surely your majesty, you jest ! ” 🤣🤣

You do know that Emperors don't even exist anymore in China do you? Unlike in some European countries where the tax payers are still collectively funding their royalties 🤣

Anyway it's not good to prejudge, it's as bad as saying all western men come to SE Asia to purchase sex which is not entirely true of course but that's just an example of how bad prejudging is.

8 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

You do know that Emperors don't even exist anymore in China do you? Unlike in some European countries where the tax payers are still collectively funding their royalties 🤣

Anyway it's not good to prejudge, it's as bad as saying all western men come to SE Asia to purchase sex which is not entirely true of course but that's just an example of how bad prejudging is.

Emperor Xi Exists. Mao. Two Thousand Year China Tradition. Prejudging refers to specific case. Stereotyping is what you mean. Always true of large simple groups. Just few individuals breaking the norm in Asia. 

49 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Disgrace to your profession with that “vaccines.... not actually vaccines” ending unless driver or porter 🤣 Definitions do change you know. Latest consensus medical term definition of “vaccine” trumps Webster 1968 definition🤣😏

When I read your posts... the words Drivel and Twaddle always comes to mind. 😵🤣😂🤣 Have those definitions now changed too? 🤭

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Maybe the real metric of how well a country has done throughout covid, is by how much a person would rather be there, than anywhere else.

On that yard stick, I think a many people here are grateful to be in Thailand. I know I am.

3 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

Maybe the real metric of how well a country has done throughout covid, is by how much a person would rather be there, than anywhere else.

On that yard stick, I think a many people here are grateful to be in Thailand. I know I am.

Well that’s one metric as good as any other. However, I wonder if you are one of the millions of Thais who’s income depends on tourism when you say you are grateful to be in Thailand. I’m grateful to be in Thailand as I’ve been triple vaccinated early on in the UK and have sufficient funds in the bank not to have to worry about paying the mortgage or car loans. Many Thais are not so fortunate. 

There is this singular focus on incoming passengers as if they truly are the one spreading the virus.  Hint:  Tourist traffic into Thailand has been a trickle yet rates of infection are up.  Just a smidgeon of common sense tells you if that is the case, it is the locals that are the source not the foreigners. 

4 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

When I read your posts... the words Drivel and Twaddle always comes to mind. 😵🤣😂🤣 Have those definitions now changed too? 🤭

Having little education & low literacy skills, compounded by not being rational or properly informed, then perhaps subscribing to QAnon, is no proper way to go through life. Often results in such extreme low quality unevidenced  conspiracy-type  posts. There must be some online tuition available in Reason & Logic.

Your Covid “experience”’ is of interest only to yourself , is not of clinically trial standard, so can clearly be disregarded.

I’ll take the definition of “vaccine” ,and other Covid Facts, from western medical professors or institutes, rather than some random “opinion” on social media.

14 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

Amen to that ….. haven’t moved from my Phuket base in 24 months now..and won’t until ALL Covid restrictions GONE (as in England now)😉😌

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manu said:

I believe you did but never mind...

"laughable"... laughing is one thing, being agressive or/and nasty is another... It is only an online forum after all.

There is a huge difference between comparing 2 current situations and take the UK as an example for whatever. Firstly because it was bad then does not mean it is bad now. Things change, evolve, take different turns. So I compare both current situations, never with the thought of taking the best one in the past as an example. So, cause it is my opinion and everything taken into account, currently the UK policy makes far more sense to me than the one in Thailand.

I don't agree with what Thailand is doing

But you live in Thailand, so I am sure you know they are always over the top when it comes to medical situations

My wife has a simple flu or anything and goes to the hospital and comes back with 19 different pills

I see all of this as just an extension of that mindset 

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Having little education & low literacy skills, compounded by not being rational or properly informed, then perhaps subscribing to QAnon, is no proper way to go through life. Often results in such extreme low quality unevidenced  conspiracy-type  posts. There must be some online tuition available in Reason & Logic.

Your Covid “experience”’ is of interest only to yourself , is not of clinically trial standard, so can clearly be disregarded.

I’ll take the definition of “vaccine” ,and other Covid Facts, from western medical professors or institutes, rather than some random “opinion” on social media.

Case in point: More drivel and twaddle.. 🤣😂🤣 You're certainly emblematic of most of the population however. A typical statist. As I often opine, it's so interesting how humanity has made it this far. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Case in point: More drivel and twaddle.. 🤣😂🤣 You're certainly emblematic of most of the population however. A typical statist. As I often opine, it's so interesting how humanity has made it this far. 

repeated failure to produce any comment of value.
failure to address specific points.
no standards or reference points

repeated dismissal of rational statements as “ drivel & twaddle”.

belief in gold standard medical institutes dismissed as “ statist”.

conclusion: zero credibility / dismissed.

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

repeated failure to produce any comment of value.
failure to address specific points.
no standards or reference points

repeated dismissal of rational statements as “ drivel & twaddle”.

belief in gold standard medical institutes dismissed as “ statist”.

conclusion: zero credibility / dismissed.

That's just twaddle and drivel. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I don't agree with what Thailand is doing

But you live in Thailand, so I am sure you know they are always over the top when it comes to medical situations

My wife has a simple flu or anything and goes to the hospital and comes back with 19 different pills

I see all of this as just an extension of that mindset 

For flu use Pharmacy.

I like that Thai hospitals don’t mess around with useless weak drugs

like western clinics do,which requires three visits before you (possibly) get the strong stuff.more afraid of getting sued than wanting to cure patient.

here you request & get the immediate maximum solution like a strong antibiotics cocktail jab ! because here you can’t really sue doctors …..

10 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

here you request & get the immediate maximum solution like a strong antibiotics cocktail jab ! because here you can’t really sue doctors …..

My wife calls that "take a shot"

I was very sick for days on Samui, I went and "took the shot" and was better in a matter of hours!

The news item states "...If the number of daily new Covid-19 infections remains steady during the Songkran holiday from April 13 to 15, then the ministry will move forward and propose the first phase of the plan to the CCSA.... "

Therefore the plan will fall at the first hurdle after Songkran, when the UK fully opened  up the number of infection doubled within a week where we had over 100,000 new cases a day, but as we have a very high level of both two and three vaccines rolled out the affect of the increased cases was minimal.

Thailand on the other hand does not have a high level of vaccinations and thus the Thais not us will be dying or being in hospital with a serious condition if the doors are open.

Most thais are not involved with the tourist industry, they do not want the doors open yet to the hoards of tourists travelling around spreading the virus.

I was talking to my partner in Thailand a few days ago, she has had three vaccines, she told me she knows many Thais who have refused to take any vaccines as they believe the nonsense they hear which is the vaccine will harm them, so it looks like it will be a very long time before Thailand is able to open its doors unless they decide of course Thai lives do not matter and brush the death stats under the carpet.

We in the UK and most other countries were locked down, had our country locked to overseas travellers until we had mostly been vaccinated, yet I see repeatedly on this site many farangs want the doors open to Thailand without any restrictions just because they feel like having a holiday.

It seems a bit selfish to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

My wife calls that "take a shot"

I was very sick for days on Samui, I went and "took the shot" and was better in a matter of hours!

Exactly . Same with me for Ear Infection years ago.