News Forum - Government aims to administer boosters to 70% of elderly before Songkran holiday

Thaiger

Health officials plan to administer booster vaccine doses to 70% of Thailand’s elderly population ahead of the Songkran holiday in April. According to a Bangkok Post report, the Department of Disease Control says it doesn’t want to see a repeat of last year, when infections and deaths rose significantly after the Thai New Year holiday, due to the limited availability of vaccines. Wicharn Pawan, who heads up the communicable diseases division of the DDC, says the rollout of booster doses is being accelerated to protect the elderly ahead of holiday visits from family members. “The ministry won’t be taking any […]

The story Government aims to administer boosters to 70% of elderly before Songkran holiday as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

16 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The ministry won’t be taking any chances this year

So no gambling with Chinese vaccine?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

With BA2 scary  people again . Keep it going as long as possible.Doppel plus booster will not help for infection.Also it is a mild flu.Look Danmark, Finnland and many other Country’s. Here is just to hold people down and to control.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

the rollout of booster doses is being accelerated to protect the elderly ahead of holiday visits from family members

it's not reflected in current vaccination numbers tho

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

it's not reflected in current vaccination numbers tho

That’s right,  it’s not. And with Songkran little more than 3 weeks away, it means they need to achieve these targets in the next week to ten days at least. 

I have to say, it gets more than frustrating to read these stories. Delivered straight out of the mouths of the officials with no analysis or fact checking whatsoever. This isn’t reporting, it’s propaganda. Where is the challenge from these media outlets? Where’s the delivery of facts to allow people to ask their own questions. What an easy life it must be being a “journalist” in Thailand 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Soidog said:

That’s right,  it’s not. And with Songkran little more than 3 weeks away, it means they need to achieve these targets in the next week to ten days at least. 

I have to say, it gets more than frustrating to read these stories. Delivered straight out of the mouths of the officials with no analysis or fact checking whatsoever. This isn’t reporting, it’s propaganda. Where is the challenge from these media outlets? Where’s the delivery of facts to allow people to ask their own questions. What an easy life it must be being a “journalist” in Thailand 

Good thing is that home tests are available now, 6 of my staff are home isolating, being tested positive. all presumably got infected at the different locations, mostly markets and large parties. as long as this strain is mild, i don't really care about numbers. but, Songkran will show where we stand with country's immunity, cause those families in villages are not even close to be fully vaccinated.

i guess just need to learn to live with it and take care of yourself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Many dont realize how powerful the media (corporate conglomerates) is especially when a political party and another force (cant mention)has control over them.

This happens all over the world to some degree!

Censorship!

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

Many dont realize how powerful the media (corporate conglomerates) is especially when a political party and another force (cant mention)has control over them.

This happens all over the world to some degree!

Yea I agree that it’s not easy reporting in a country like Thailand. But stating facts and figures shouldn’t land you in too much hot water. Even in open democracies the media is biased, but there are usually competing outlets which provide alternative opinions and even alternative truths and facts! 

• Thanks 1