News Forum - Daughter of former PM Thaksin moves up in political career, closer to PM candidacy

Thaiger

Thailand’s main opposition party is leaning closer to choosing their candidate for prime minister and reports say the daughter of the former leader Thaksin Shinawatra might run as the party’s candidate. Thaksin’s daughter, Paetongtarn, was announced as the project leader for a Pheu Thai party campaign to draw in new members, but when asked about becoming a candidate for prime minister, she said it was too soon to say, adding that Pheu Thai has many qualified members. Becoming the project leader was another step ahead in Paetongtarn’s career as a politician, following her role in charge of promoting innovation and increasing […]

The story Daughter of former PM Thaksin moves up in political career, closer to PM candidacy as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

8 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thaksin’s daughter, Paetongtarn

Another one from the charlatan family, who would've thought....but, it can't possibly get worse than Prajut&Anutin clowns.

All corrupt to the core. Impossible it seems to find a genuine and honest person ready to serve their country rather than themselves and their family. The guy from Future Forward party looked like some hope, but he’s been silenced. 

• Like 2

Excellent news. Thaksin was the best thing to ever happen to Thailand. Let's hope his daughter can carry on the good works..👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, palooka said:

Give her a chance, maybe she has learnt by the mistakes of her family, has to be better than Pnut and Anut.

That is no challenge, methinks!

8 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Excellent news. Thaksin was the best thing to ever happen to Thailand. Let's hope his daughter can carry on the good works..👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Two sided sword:

For HIM it was the best , to get as rich as he is now. Yes!

For Thailand, it got only what was needed, to raise the revenues! (imho)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

That is no challenge, methinks!

Two sided sword:

For HIM it was the best , to get as rich as he is now. Yes!

For Thailand, it got only what was needed, to raise the revenues! (imho)

Thanks for sharing.....

..... Your opinion.

Just my opinion of course but from what i saw when Thaksin was in Government at least the country was in a better place than it is now. Corruption exists in most governments no matter which country you look at,if you dig deep enough. At least when Thaksin was in charge he had a zero tolerance view when it came to drugs and took much better care of his people than the governments that followed. He only fell out of favour,as far I'm aware when he started pointing the finger at other wealthy Thais who weren't paying their dues, which obviously they didn't like and ultimately led to his downfall. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Chaam said:

Just my opinion of course but from what i saw when Thaksin was in Government at least the country was in a better place than it is now. Corruption exists in most governments no matter which country you look at,if you dig deep enough. At least when Thaksin was in charge he had a zero tolerance view when it came to drugs and took much better care of his people than the governments that followed. He only fell out of favour,as far I'm aware when he started pointing the finger at other wealthy Thais who weren't paying their dues, which obviously they didn't like and ultimately led to his downfall. 

The anti drug policy was playing havoc with our wannabee germans bank balance !

this will end in tears, she' ll get exiled or there will be another coup. personally another coup is tiring. . thaksin needs to give up, its just se asia he needs to deal with it and move on.

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Good luck, but doubt she’ll need it. 👌

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

All corrupt to the core. Impossible it seems to find a genuine and honest person ready to serve their country rather than themselves and their family. The guy from Future Forward party looked like some hope, but he’s been silenced. 

Its politics, crap rises to the top.  when honest people do run they either get corrupted or get tossed.   Yet people still insist on being ruled over by these clowns instead of making their own decisions on their own lives.  

6 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Its politics, crap rises to the top.  when honest people do run they either get corrupted or get tossed.   Yet people still insist on being ruled over by these clowns instead of making their own decisions on their own lives.  

I agree. I’m always amazed how many people vote for a candidate when the choice is as poor as it is in Thailand. I know many votes are simply bought, but equally why bother voting. Either don’t turn up or turn up and write “All Sh*t” across the ballot paper. 

• Like 1

I arrived under Chuan Leekpai. Thought he wasn't too bad. Then Banharn was "elected" and I thought nothing could be worse until General Chavalit with rail cars and tanks. Since then I don't pay attention but I did learn to keep "hard cash" just in case.    

It is time for Thaksin clan to give this a rest. They do not have divine destiny to rule.

I do not support the military coups nor the sabotage and obstruction of democracy. I also believe that former PM Yingluck was a decent and honourable person, who was mistreated. For the sake of general peace and for country to move on, lets have a moratorium on Thaksin clan, military administration and  puppets like the now departed Abhisit.  The future of Thailand  lies with courageous people like Future Forward Party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All of ya'll excited about Thaksin's daughter possibly running, while i'm more flabbergasted that a Marcos will be the next President of the Philippines. People never learn....

• Like 1

Seems like Thailand has only 2 choices for a PM,  a bilionaire or a General. No differens between the 2 in terms of corruption though..

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Soidog said:

All corrupt to the core. Impossible it seems to find a genuine and honest person ready to serve their country rather than themselves and their family.

Pretty difficult not to be when you have the military breathing down your neck ready to toss you out.

• Like 1

i think taksin still fancies another go at the top job.

way things are at the moment the timing would be perfect, better the devil you know!