News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES: Ukraine won’t surrender Mariupol; Zelensky speaks with Israeli MPs; 25% of Ukrainians flee; Pope visits children

Thaiger

As Russia’s invasion of Ukraine enters its fourth weeks, here are the latest headlines… • Ukraine’s Deputy Prime Minister rejected Russia’s demand to give up the strategic port city of Mariupol by 5am Monday morning Moscow time (4 am Monday in Mariupol). The Russian Ministry of Defence had offered to open humanitarian corridors in exchange for a surrender of the city. Ukraine rejected the ultimatum, saying there is “no question of any surrender.” Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelensky alleged that Russia committed war crimes in Mariupol, where heavy fighting has now reached the centre. Earlier, the city council says an art […]

The story UKRAINE UPDATES: Ukraine won’t surrender Mariupol; Zelensky speaks with Israeli MPs; 25% of Ukrainians flee; Pope visits children as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

More weapons mean more death. Asking Israel to supply weapons doesn't surprise me. Israel is an experienced country that denied Palestinians a country, freedom or future for the past 77 years. No media outcry from the western media or governments here. They (Israel) got experience in ethinic cleansing, theft of country (golan hights from syria) and if it matters, Selensky is Jewish and so is Bennet, Israels PM.

Israel took Golan Hights from Syria?  6 day war, Egypt, Jordan and Syria attacked Israel and were defeated. Israel maintained the Heights and offered citizenship to all. Then the Yon Kimper war. I'm not Jewish but I admire them.  

7 hours ago, CamPat said:

Asking Israel to supply weapons doesn't surprise me

You are confusing asking with receiving. Israel hasn't sent weapons and from all indications doesn't seem to plan to either. They are instead trying to play peace maker and to do that you can't be seen as choosing sides. 

• Like 1

Russian Ministry of Defence had offered to open humanitarian corridors in exchange for a surrender of the city. 

These western media topics ...

Russia didn't offer to open humanitarian corridors in exchange for a surrender of the city.

Russia did offer ukranian soldiers to surrend and leave the city using existing corridors.

Correct interpretation:

1) https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/21/ukraine-rejects-russian-demand-to-surrender-besieged-mariupol

Russia has urged Ukrainian forces in the port city of Mariupol to lay down their arms and surrender in exchange for safe passage out of town

“All who lay down their arms are guaranteed safe passage out of Mariupol,”

2) https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine-rejects-russias-call-to-surrender-mariupol/av-61197160

Russia had said it would guarantee safe passage out of the city for those who lay down their arms

Edited by 1l1

23 minutes ago, 1l1 said:

Russia did offer ukranian soldiers to surrend and leave the city using existing corridors.

Besides the fact it surrenders the city to Russia, kinda what they are trying to not do. Wouldn't you have to trust the Russians before agreeing to that deal? Might be a tough sell to the average Ukrainian soldier. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Besides the fact it surrenders the city to Russia, kinda what they are trying to not do. Wouldn't you have to trust the Russians before agreeing to that deal? Might be a tough sell to the average Ukrainian soldier. 

There is a saying: better to sit badly (in a jail) than to lie well (in a grave).

1 hour ago, 1l1 said:
There is a saying: better to sit badly (in a jail) than to lie well (in a grave).

I don't remember Gulags being called jails.

There is a saying: Better to die with your boots on. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CamPat said:

More weapons mean more death. Asking Israel to supply weapons doesn't surprise me. Israel is an experienced country that denied Palestinians a country, freedom or future for the past 77 years. No media outcry from the western media or governments here. They (Israel) got experience in ethinic cleansing, theft of country (golan hights from syria) and if it matters, Selensky is Jewish and so is Bennet, Israels PM.

Ukraine has been asking everyone for weapons. The request was made with knowledge that Israel is in a difficult place because Israel needs Russia to keep peace in Syria. The Russians are the ones bringing in Syrian mercenaries to Ukraine to murder.

As I recall history, many Israelis are from families who were forced out of Ukraine and Russia during the years of ethnic killings/pogroms. I doubt the sympathy for either side will run deep. All they need do is close their eyes and recall Babi Yar when friendly Ukrainians showed their love of their kyev jews by killing 33m000 in 2 days. If they need more reminder of Ukraine love they can  think of the 1.5 million Ukrainians who were killed off during German occupation in Ukraine. This followed off the murder of the jews at the hands of the Russians during the imposed famine. Russians didn't discriminate  during that genocide, like at an Oprah show, everyone got a prize jew and non jew alike, - except it was death.

Zelenskyy als jude is convenient only when is necessary to impugn or attack him. Cryptic hate reference which is quite popular from some of the usual doctrinaire groups.  The man is nominally jewish as he is not religious, is married to a non jew and although he suffered the discrimination for being of the heritage, has never professed his great faith. Probably just as well in that region.  Yes, the PM of Israel is jew. Big news. I think it is to be expected that there will be many jew elected to Israel parliament, yes?  What did you expect, a hare krishna?

It is real hypocrisy and BS to make reference to israeli ethnic cleansing.  Israel is not incinerating shelters filled with non combatants. Nothing Israel has ever done despite the savage repeated attacks of others has ever come close to what Russia does now. To argue otherwise is to dismiss the suffering of Ukrainian non combatants. I may have criticism for Ukraine, but what Russia does when it kills elderly civilians and children who present no threat is evil genocide, Israel has never blown up children's shelter intentionally, never intentionally blown up maternity ward (even when Hamas hides its munitions). Unlike Hamas, Ukraine does not put munitions and terror camp in basement of schools. I watch the Ukraine refugees flee and my heart breaks. Do not compare their plight to the arabs of Israel. Your speech is taken from the 1970's era political manifesto of bankrupt left wing. It is 2022, not 1972 and hippie era is finished.

• Like 1

All they need do is close their eyes and recall Babi Yar when friendly Ukrainians showed their love of their kyev jews by killing 33m000 in 2 days. 

The massacre at Babi Yar was undertaken by German Nazi soldiers, not Ukrainians.

Sure, there were some Ukrainian collaborators and police involved, but it was planned and orchestrated by the Nazis.

Edited by KomanderChicknNugget