News Forum - Thailand is the 61st happiest country in the world

Thaiger

On a list of 146 countries on the World Happiness Index, Thailand ranks at 61. Finland was ranked the happiest country, while Afghanistan was ranked least happy. Finland has been ranked the happiest country in the world for five years in a row. An editor of the World Happiness Report said after the Covid-19 pandemic, all three acts labeled “acts of kindness” have increased: helping strangers, volunteering, and donations. The editor said the acts of kindness have increased by almost 25% what they were before Covid-19. “This surge of benevolence provides powerful evidence that people help others in need, creating […]

The story Thailand is the 61st happiest country in the world as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I worked in Finland as a musician in the 70-80s. The guys are a load of piss-heads, and the girls are gorgeous so any guy who looks like they can get a boner is on a winner

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand ranks at 61.

They'd sky rocket in this rank if they only got rid of Prajut and Anutin, two lead sinkers.

• Cool 1

The faster people, who lives here, learn that Thailand, is the Land of [FAKE] Smile, will have a much better life and have it easier to find local people that are true friends and just as willing to help you, as you are to help them.

Finland as mention above, and other Nordic countries are often high on all of this "happiness surveys" and why, well how I see it; high taxes [spread evenly amongst its citizens] gives true welfare and trust, which has the byproduct of true happiness and not just a upward movement on your lips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a quick squint at the source survey and see bhutan is not included in the county list at all.suprised as have been told many times it's the happiest place on earth.

1 hour ago, WilliamG said:

I worked in Finland as a musician in the 70-80s. The guys are a load of piss-heads, and the girls are gorgeous so any guy who looks like they can get a boner is on a winner

I just read three times as many Finnish men as woman commit suicide, so maybe there's a boner problem ?

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

I want some of whatever Finland is on. 

7.8 liter of PURE alcohol/year/person!

Explains Afghanistan's last place, 0.21l/year/person

😇

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

16 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

7.8 liter of PURE alcohol/year/person!

Explains Afghanistan's last place, 0.21l/year/person

😇

Afghanistan is more renown for its one and only golf course, all bunkers are mined so most golfers, if they should land in one are only too happy to drop the ball outside the bunker with a loss of two strokes.

Caddy.jpg

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

14 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

That was before they polled all expats 🤣

Yes because only idiots would choose to live in a country they are unhappy in!

Edited by Stevejm

15 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Yes because only idiots would choose to live in a country they are unhappy in!

Tongue in cheek mate, but it often seems like expats have too much to complain about 🥺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Be interesting to see the breakdown between rural and urban people - if there is  a difference to discern.  

Farangs in my area seem to have overcome the bar shutdowns by drinking at home with an internet cable plugged up their arses, pumping their heads full of miserable grievances. 

Livin' the Dream in Paradise.

image.jpeg

Edited by TWS60
photo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1