News Forum - Satun border between Thailand and Malaysia to reopen in April

Thaiger

The Satun border between Thailand and Malaysia will reopen on April 1 to all cross-border traffic. Thailand’s CCSA announced yesterday that more entry points will also be opened under the Test & Go and Sandbox schemes. These entry points include the sea port in Surat Thani for registered Thai vessels and Thai crews, as well as the airports in Hat Yai, Songkhla, Krabi and Surat Thani. Songkhla’s deputy governor said the border checkpoint in Sadao district is also ready to reopen, and is waiting for a signal from the CCSA. In pre-Covid days, the Sadao border was the main entry […]

The story Satun border between Thailand and Malaysia to reopen in April as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thai drivers can't wait to fill up at Malaysian gas station:

RON95 = RM2.05 = THB16.33 

Diesel = RM2.15 = THB17.12

Btw Malaysia doesn't mix their gasoline and diesel with ethanol. It's pure gasoline and diesel all the way.

petrol_price_16-3-1.jpg.14a0463301fd7f36a6c4e042c3d08750.jpg

Just now, Noble_Design said:

Thai drivers can't wait to fill up at Malaysian gas station:

RON95 = RM2.05 = THB16.33 

Diesel = RM2.15 = THB17.12

Btw Malaysia doesn't mix their gasoline and diesel with ethanol. It's pure gasoline and diesel all the way.

f***ing hell, too bad I live far away from Malaysia. Not even for the price, my car is dying to get some RON98, which sadly is unavailable here.

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

f***ing hell, too bad I live far away from Malaysia. Not even for the price, my car is dying to get some RON98, which sadly is unavailable here.

I've seen RON99 sold in some selected stations in Malaysia. Some Thai people with entrepreneurship skills would actually modify their cars/pickup to enable them to basically fill up much more gasoline/diesel for the purpose of smuggling back to Thailand and reselling them.

And Singaporean drivers have been complaining about not being able to sample some of those fine cheap Msian fuel for 2 years since the border closure. They would literally hump their cars to get every last bit in:

2 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

I've seen RON99 sold in some selected stations in Malaysia. Some Thai people with entrepreneurship skills would actually modify their cars/pickup to enable them to basically fill up much more gasoline/diesel for the purpose of smuggling back to Thailand and reselling them.

And Singaporean drivers have been complaining about not being able to sample some of those fine cheap Msian fuel for 2 years since the border closure. They would literally hump their cars to get every last bit in:

For now I will have to pray that the price of gasoline goes down in Thailand... Cuz with this mileage it's gonna make me go bankrupt 😂

1918417277_ScreenShot2022-03-20at12_49_38AM.png.642bed5b9c71f5530069aac8c00e4c51.png

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

For now I will have to pray that the price of gasoline goes down in Thailand... Cuz with this mileage it's gonna make me go bankrupt 😂

1918417277_ScreenShot2022-03-20at12_49_38AM.png.642bed5b9c71f5530069aac8c00e4c51.png

That's quite a fuel guzzler there... 

1 minute ago, Noble_Design said:

That's quite a fuel guzzler there... 

But the feeling you get when you floor it... makes you forget you just emptied your wallet at the gas pump 😋

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

But the feeling you get when you floor it... makes you forget you just emptied your wallet at the gas pump 😋

I know and missed that feeling since I myself drive one with a turbo engine + dual clutch transmission but since gas prices have gone up so much I hardly floor it anymore

1 minute ago, Noble_Design said:

dual clutch transmission

That sounds like Audi / Porsche... Ah, Dual Clutch transmissions, probably the smoothest there are.

As someone who lives very close to the border here in the "RESTIVE" South let me assure you that using fuel smuggled over the boarder is not a very wise move in general terms, primarily due to the quality when it is sold. Rust, water, and other unidentifiable crap is usually included at no extra cost (initially).

Have informed the wife to never buy it for the good car or the big bikes as I  well past sick of cleaning out clogged fuel delivery systems.

Pity that...

Thank You Very much Thailand for opening  the border in line with the actions by the Malaysian authorities. As I have said earlier in another posts......it is still a mouse trap for us to cross the border now with your "tricky" Test & Go scheme where any traveler entering the Kingdom now is a lame duck. I will not cross the border unless you scrap the Post arrival testing completely. I don't mind doing a pre-arrival test, as the Air lines will not accept if the PCR testing is not done........I will wait till you drop everything. Good luck to you Thailand