News Forum - Myanmar to reopen April 17 to travellers from abroad

Thaiger

After two years, Myanmar will finally allow international tourists to enter the country starting April 17. Visitors must be fully vaccinated, and will be required to quarantine for a week, according to the country’s health ministry. They will also have to take two RT-PCR tests. Apart from the ongoing violence against its own citizens and the current military government unrecognised by the rest of the world, it sounds like a great idea! Myanmar has been shut off from the rest of the world following the February 2021 coup on top of Covid-19. The military junta government started to discuss reopening […]

The story Myanmar to reopen April 17 to travellers from abroad as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Yeah and right after going to Myanamr I will head for a weeks vacation in Wuhan China and Hong Kong and pass through th Ukraine on my way to Moscow. I will skip North Korea this time around.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

52 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah and right after going to Myanamr I will head for a weeks vacation in Wuhan China and Hong Kong and pass through th Ukraine on my way to Moscow. I will skip North Korea this time around.

I was thinking Somali and Yemen would be nice this time of year, with a layover in Syria. Air Koryo is running a promotion 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Cabra said:

I was thinking Somali and Yemen would be nice this time of year, with a layover in Syria. Air Koryo is running a promotion 🤣

Great choice. I see Air Koryo is a one star airline. They must be so proud.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

That's assuming you can leave Myanmar. 😆

Did you spend the requisite US$100,000 during your stay?  Oh solly didn't tell you about that.😆

Myanmar girl at your hotel reception, you speak with her, she terrorist you go to jail. Oh so solly😅

You take photo of airport not allowed. Oh so solly 10 years.😆

Who in a stable frame of mind would even dream of going there and traumatizing your friends and relatives.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Did you spend the requisite US$100,000 during your stay?  Oh solly didn't tell you about that.😆

Myanmar girl at your hotel reception, you speak with her, she terrorist you go to jail. Oh so solly😅

Who in a stable frame of mind would even dream of going there and traumatizing your friends and relatives.

And you are making the good points. 

• Like 1

The news of Myanmar’s reopening comes just after neighbouring Cambodia stopped requiring Covid-19 tests for international travellers upon arrival this week.“

Why you, The Thaiger, always assume everyone is vaccinated?

This doesn’t apply to unvaccinated, so why you are writing in such a general matter? 

Because you want to normalize being vaccinated and showing digital CertificateOfVaccinationID

11 minutes ago, HighSo said:

This doesn’t apply to unvaccinated, so why you are writing in such a general matter? 

Because like any travel destination, they (the travel writers) more often than not never tell you the finer points of entry requirements ….. like countries that still have vaccination requirements (not the COVID19 ones either).

3 hours ago, palooka said:

Spent quite a bit of time there about 20 years ago. Lovely place. Very friendly people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HighSo said:

The news of Myanmar’s reopening comes just after neighbouring Cambodia stopped requiring Covid-19 tests for international travellers upon arrival this week.“

Because you want to normalize being vaccinated and showing digital CertificateOfVaccinationID

Aren't most people vaccinated by now? 

If you're not, that's your problem. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Spent quite a bit of time there about 20 years ago. Lovely place. Very friendly people. 

Had a wonderful time there in 2017 and the people were great, got stuck with a lot of useless paper money though when leaving and the over critical inspection of US dollar notes when exchanging a bit tedious.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, palooka said:

Had a wonderful time there in 2017 and the people were great, got stuck with a lot of useless paper money though when leaving and the over critical inspection of US dollar notes when exchanging a bit tedious.

I went to Myanmar in the early 2000s and loved it. Very friendly folk. 

The money situation was truly ridiculous, though. The official exchange rate at the time was something like 6 kyat = USD 1, but the black market rate was 800 to 900 kyat to the dollar, depending on the quality of the US dollar bills. It took a bit of cloak and dagger to do the deal, but it was worth it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigHewer said:

I went to Myanmar in the early 2000s and loved it. Very friendly folk. 

The money situation was truly ridiculous, though. The official exchange rate at the time was something like 6 kyat = USD 1, but the black market rate was 800 to 900 kyat to the dollar, depending on the quality of the US dollar bills. It took a bit of cloak and dagger to do the deal, but it was worth it. 

Yeah. I seem to remember a lot of money changers around by Scott Market in Rangoon. 

Change some cash and get on the draught beer. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Because like any travel destination, they (the travel writers) more often than not never tell you the finer points of entry requirements ….. like countries that still have vaccination requirements (not the COVID19 ones either).

you have to be pretty dumb not to research  the requirements first. 

On 3/19/2022 at 4:24 PM, HolyCowCm said:

Great choice. I see Air Koryo is a one star airline. They must be so proud.

Spirit Air--"Hold my Beer"...