Expats in Phuket without a work permit can register for a Covid-19 vaccine

Thaiger

Expats living in Phuket, who do not have a work permit, can now register for a Covid-19 vaccine. Under the local vaccine registration website, www.phuket.win, there are now links for foreigners with work permits and foreigners without work permits to apply for a vaccine. Of course, with the ever-faulty websites run by the Thai government, we had to give it a try and the links work, both on a computer and on a smartphone. For expats outside of Phuket, you might have to wait. Appointments are full for foreign residents, according to the vaccine registration website ThailandIntervac.com, which is run […]

The post Expats in Phuket without a work permit can register for a Covid-19 vaccine appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I am a 77 year old, seven year Thai resident US citizen living in Prachuap Khiri Khan on an O marriage visa without a work permit.  I went to the PKK public hospital on Tuesday and received my queue # yesterday....no problems...unless one views a queue # of 12600 a problem.  The nurse said optimistically 3 months..

2 hours ago, BainaiThai said:

The nurse said optimistically 3 months..

You're joking, surely, or should we read a little 'jokingly' into the 'optimistically'? I hope so for your sake.

Hello, BainaiThai and welcome to T-T!

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

KC

I contacted my hospital, Siriroj or Phuket International (now part of BDH group) for more info.

I was told to use the link to register and select my closest center.

The assistant told me the only vaccine available to me is the SINOVAC (an mRNA type vacvine) as I am not yet 60.

She said Thailand only makes the Astra Zeneca (Vector type vaccine) available to the over 60 age group but, she did not clarify whether it is also available at the same vaccination centers.

She had no information pertaining to other vaccines (to be) aquired by the private sector and to be  administered against payment.

1 hour ago, Sky said:

The assistant told me the only vaccine available to me is the SINOVAC (an mRNA type vaccine) as I am not yet 60.

I guess you're not happy with Sinovac since the recent reports of its questionable efficacy. And with AZ officially only available to the 60+ age group it seems you'll have to enquire directly to private hospitals re. other available options. No doubt there'll be thousands of others in a similar boat, sadly one without a rudder.

Hello, Sky and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

The school where I work for, has registered my name with all the other teachers.

They sent everyone for their vaccine, but picked out my name and said no. At least, not yet. Now I'm still waiting to be informed which date I can go. I don't even know whether they just kicked me out of the list or just placed me somewhere else in the queue. 

How are other foreigners getting their vaccine so quick? 

11 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

How are other foreigners getting their vaccine so quick? 

I haven't heard of many such lucky ones, to be honest.

Hello, DiJoDavO and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton