News Forum - Cambodia stops requiring Covid-19 tests for international visitors

Thaiger

Today, Cambodia stopped requiring international travellers to test for Covid-19 upon entering the country. Visitors still must be fully vaccinated, with proof of vaccination, to avoid two weeks of quarantine. Cambodian authorities also plan to issue visas on arrival again, which were suspended before due to Covid-19. The country’s Ministry of Health didn’t confirm when this would start, though. Cambodia has had 3,049 deaths from Covid-19. It has had a total of over 134,000 cases. Cambodia has vaccinated 92.31% of its population of 16 million people. This is among the highest vaccination rates in Southeast Asia. It was also one […]

The story Cambodia stops requiring Covid-19 tests for international visitors as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

10 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Today, Cambodia stopped requiring international travellers to test for Covid-19 upon entering the country.

Thailand better reconsider their current irrational plans.

• Like 1

It's easy to say that Thailand should drop everything, but there is still a more considered approach by many other Asian countries. Likely reciprocal arrangements may hinge on that. Cambodia and the Philippines are not major sources of inbound travellers, however, Japan, Korea, China, & HK for example are.

No testing on arrival, no additional insurance, no need to be boosted (vaccine wise), and soon to issue visas on arrival... That's about as good as anyone can really expect.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cabra said:

No testing on arrival, no additional insurance, no need to be boosted (vaccine wise), and soon to issue visas on arrival... That's about as good as anyone can really expect.

No, not as good as I can expect.

Drop the vaccine requirements as well.

Drop all vaccine passports inside the country.

Drop the stupid masks.

Then and just then I am happy. But I learned throughout my life that people in general are more easily pleased with little success than me. Sadly these people keeping the reality around me down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighSo said:

No, not as good as I can expect.

Drop the vaccine requirements as well.

Drop all vaccine passports inside the country.

Drop the stupid masks.

Then and just then I am happy. But I learned throughout my life that people in general are more easily pleased with little success than me. Sadly these people keeping the reality around me down.

Cha Cha...  It's not going to all happen in one fell swoop. Not in Asia (the same people that BEFORE covid could be seen wearing mask in public on a regular basis).

1 minute ago, Cabra said:

Cha Cha...  It's not going to all happen in one fell swoop. Not in Asia (the same people that BEFORE covid could be seen wearing mask in public on a regular basis), and certainly not in a communist country.

Cambodia commie? Has anyone told Hun Sen? 😄

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Cambodia commie? Has anyone told Hun Sen? 😄

Hun Sen... No, not him. He was Just a Khmer rouge soldier. I'm sure he is 100% reformed 🤣 

Cambodia as the whole SEA Region is scrambeling to reopen to tourists. That is good news for all the affected commerce BUT .................! After sending a friend through the departure process from Cambo to US with PCR Test and all i also learned that the new Covid Varian scares the hell out of People in Phnom Penh. My dermatologist had to close his shop for his own protection. It isn't at least in my opinion the Great Reset back to normal but another piece of a very rocky road ahead. The friggin War in Ukraine doesn't make things easier, too but occupies the media to look another way.