News Forum - Asia News Today | Chinese react to stock slump, Thai nightlife may re-open

Thaiger

China’s top economic official have stepped in to reassure investors, claiming that Beijing will take measures to support the Chinese economy and financial markets. The comments follow a sharp sell-off that has been partly fuelled by reaction from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Liu He, a vice-premier and economic adviser to the Communist party executive, says the government will take measures to “boost the economy in the first quarter”, and introduce “policies that are favourable to the market”. He said he’s convened a meeting of the State Council’s Financial Stability and Development Committee where details will be hammered out before being […]

The story Asia News Today | Chinese react to stock slump, Thai nightlife may re-open as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Dr. Kiattiphum Wongrajit from the Public Health Ministry says international arrivals would still be required to take a PCR test on arrival and a self-administered antigen test on day 5. Mandatory insurance coverage could also be reduced to 10,000 us dollars.

Then we are NOT coming. Why would we, when we can go just about anywhere else without these ridiculous entry requirements.

Today, Cambodia stopped requiring international travellers to test for Covid-19 upon entering the country. 

Vietnam has now scrapped quarantine and other travel red tape for foreign travellers as it attempts to fully reopen its border

Malaysia’s experience of the Covid pandemic has cost the country a decade’s worth of development and progress, this from the Umno political party deputy president. He claimed that 90% of Malay entrepreneurs were at risk of bankruptcy and business failures because of the restrictions imposed over the last 2 years.

Thailand is way behind Malaysia. IMO you can forget about attracting any major investors unless you get your act together now.

Time to get real, do you want tourism to recover, your economy to recover and people to get jobs and earn money, because it sure doesn’t look like it. A target of July is way to late. It needs to be done now. 

• Like 2

There’s money to be made by entry restrictions that involve the visitor paying for something. The challenge is striking the right balance to maximize the revenue. 

I wonder if the testing / hotel quarantine regimen is administered on a cost-only basis? Nope, probably not.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BigHewer said:

There’s money to be made by entry restrictions that involve the visitor paying for something. The challenge is striking the right balance to maximize the revenue. 

I wonder if the testing / hotel quarantine regimen is administered on a cost-only basis? Nope, probably not.

Absolutely, by tricking, scamming & ripping off incoming tourists to a false positives on Day 1 T&G.

1 hour ago, ace035 said:

Absolutely, by tricking, scamming & ripping off incoming tourists to a false positives on Day 1 T&G.

I an not so sure about this. But certainly it's a safe source of steady income for those doing the tests and the labs. They gain nothing for doing "false positives".

It’s funny, the insurance requirement dropped from $50000 to $20000. I purchased the 50000 for $200 in November for 60 days. I recently purchased the $20000 and the price was the same. Only difference is $30000 less coverage. 

US navy ships restricted. a battle group brings over 10000 sailors with millions and they restrict the Navy ships unless pay excessive fees. 

I would much rather board a plane in the USA with other passengers who did a PCR test in the USA.  It would make me feel more comfortable and safe.  The Thai government should cancel the PCR test on arrival.  That is the solution.  I am afraid if they do not do this, they won't have the increase in tourism they are expecting.  So sad!  

I will be traveling to Thailand regardless because my Thai spouse is in desperate need of eating red snapper.  You know . . . the kind grilled on the corner.  It's been three years.  That is a one desperate need that needs to be filled.  

Cheers!

Merwan

Confusion reigns supreme. The third stage needs clarification They say fully vaccinated can enter without any requirements. They then say Test & Go will finish but you will still need a Thai Pass before entering the country. This appears to be a requirement after they say enter without any requirements. Can anybody explain this to me, a poor dumb Falang.