News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES: Zelensky addresses US Congress; Biden approves more military aid; Russian forces strike Mariupol theater with children; Negotiators draw up 15-point peace plan

Thaiger

• Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky addressed US Congress on Wednesday. In a virtual address, Zelenksy repeated his plea for a no-fly zone and called for more sanctions on Russia, as Russian forces inch toward Kyiv, with intensified fighting around the capital. After Zelensky challenged him to be “the leader of peace,” US President Joe Biden pledged an additional $800 million in security aid for Ukraine. • Biden called Russian President Vladimir Putin a “war criminal” on Wednesday for the first time, as he signed off on nearly $1 billion in security assistance to Ukraine to combat Russia’s invasion, with the new package including drones and anti-aircraft […]

The story UKRAINE UPDATES: Zenelsky addresses US Congress; Biden approves more military aid; Russian forces strike Mariupol theater with children; Negotiators draw up 15-point peace plan as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

8 minutes ago, Totoro said:

Thailand, do you still remain neutral?

Ask at City Hall, you're more likely to get an answer there.

I tell you though, for a country that's winning hands down, according to the western media, he sure makes a lot of pleas for assistance. 😃

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I. tell you though, for a country that's winning hands down, according to the western media, he sure makes a lot of pleas for assistance.

That’s easy enough, just switch to Chinese or Russian news. Problem solved. 

1 minute ago, EdwardV said:

That’s easy enough, just switch to Chinese or Russian news. Problem solved. 

Who said it was a problem?

49 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Ask at City Hall, you're more likely to get an answer there.

I tell you though, for a country that's winning hands down, according to the western media, he sure makes a lot of pleas for assistance. 😃

Maybe that's why Ukraine is humiliating the Russians because they are receiving the help they quite rightly deserve.

Let's not forget that the Russians are a Super Power.😂

4 Russian Generals killed in the field now, Putin has sacked another 8, does that sound like the war is going Putins way. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If you think Ukraine is winning or holding their own then you haven’t seen a map of the areas captured by the Russians. A week ago the Russians were 15 kms from Kyiv. I’m sure they can rustle up enough fuel to travel the last 10 miles even without their VISA cards. Putin has stopped and is talking. Zelensky has to bite the bullet and just stop with his pointless demands for a no-fly zone which everyone knows can never happen. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Fanta said:

If you think Ukraine is winning or holding their own then you haven’t seen a map of the areas captured by the Russians. A week ago the Russians were 15 kms from Kyiv. I’m sure they can rustle up enough fuel to travel the last 10 miles even without their VISA cards. Putin has stopped and is talking. Zelensky has to bite the bullet and just stop with his pointless demands for a no-fly zone which everyone knows can never happen. 

The Russians have basically been standing still for a long time now. And where they have pushed forwards, they have frequently been cut off from supply lines and forced to retreat. Of course, their tactic of choice now is to bomb places to rubble beacuse I guess that means less opposition when they try to move in.

But Russia is struggling. Their troops are constantly being humiliated, and morale is at rock bottom.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

Putin has stopped and is talking

Absurd on its face. They have been talking for over a week now and the Russian army in the south only stopped moving in the last day or two. The Russian operating procedure is to talk while pounding you to rubble. The Russians are so kind and honorable, while talking cease fire they will not move forward but will still shell you. Too funny. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

Would you like to share this detailed map you've seen, would it be the imaginary Russian version or the west's version.

"A week ago the Russians were 15 kms from Kyiv. I’m sure they can rustle up enough fuel to travel the last 10 miles even without their VISA cards."

Don't you find it strange and a little bit more professional that the west can supply the Ukranians with arms so much better than Putin can supply his own troops. All Putin has achieved besides the murder of innocent civilians is to show the world that they are not a world power anymore, but an army not a million miles away from The Keystone Cops.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60774819 

See that place named Kyiv? That’s the main target. An hour in a TukTuk would get you there. And if Putin was hell bent on murdering civilians he’d have his bombers do the dirty work, blame it on collateral damage and the Ukrainian government for not forcing civilians out via the humanitarian corridors. We may not like the war but gorging on the propaganda pie will leave a bitter taste into your mouth when the bill comes. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60774819 

See that place named Kyiv? That’s the main target. An hour in a TukTuk would get you there. And if Putin was hell bent on murdering civilians he’d have his bombers do the dirty work, blame it on collateral damage and the Ukrainian government for not forcing civilians out via the humanitarian corridors. We may not like the war but gorging on the propaganda pie will leave a bitter taste into your mouth when the bill comes. 

I find nothing from your claims and exactly the opposite happened the troops ar blocked about to go further to Kiew for example

https://edition.cnn.com/

And nothing in bbc about your claims

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60802572

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

See that place named Kyiv? That’s the main target. An hour in a TukTuk would get you there.

You mean except for the Ukrainian army standing in the way right?. 

Interestingly the Russian army north of Kyiv is digging defensive trenches and building protective earthworks. That’s not what army’s do when they are planning to take a one hour trip.

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-news-03-18-22/h_da3783e731737e277e962886ccfc8f93

The longer this goes on the stronger the Ukrainian army gets. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

I find nothing from your claims and exactly the opposite happened the troops ar blocked about to go further to Kiew for example

You didn’t see the map dated March 17 ? 
Here you go… 

2AA59CFF-D8A0-41E6-BF97-C78474155D88.jpeg.324e2b11ff854e71ffd55c5680133588.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Here you go… 

And what? There is nothing in one week! It is backwards because for digging in to defend themself. So it is exactly the opposite. It means they have to change positions not get killed because they are under attack!

Can you read and understand the map in a military perspective??!!

What you wanna sell us is exactly the opposite but you have no knowledge about warfare.

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-news-03-18-22/index.html

Not every positiin change means what you think!!!

Diggin in means the Russian troops are under heavy attack from the Ukraine Army!

• Like 2

I am not SELLING you anything Rambo.  Of course the Russians are building bases to supply and house their troops and defenses against counter attacks. The build up was televised so no-one should be surprised that it’s not a Blitzkrieg and not all over in a month. You ignored the “Why no bombers?” and “Why isn’t Zelensky forcing his citizens out of an active war zone?” because that doesn’t fit the narrative of the Russians indiscriminately killing civilians. Putin clearly doesn’t fear the UN, China has his back and Russia could aerial bomb Ukraine into submission but they are not. Why is that? 

Edited by Fanta
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Fanta said:

Here you go… 

So in one week they have advanced nowhere.

We need to give the Ukrainians the tools and let them do the job. There is no winning outcome here for Czar Putin. He is toast. The only question is how many he kills before its all over. 

He is a war criminal. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

I am not SELLING you anything Rambo.  Of course the Russians are building bases to supply and house their troops and defenses against counter attacks. The build up was televised so no-one should be surprised that it’s not a Blitzkrieg and not all over in a month. You ignored the “Why no bombers?” and “Why isn’t Zelensky forcing his citizens out of an active war zone?” because that doesn’t fit the narrative of the Russians indiscriminately killing civilians. Putin clearly doesn’t fear the UN, China has his back and Russia could aerial bomb Ukraine into submission but they are not. Why is that? 

What rubbish, i guess you not see millions over millions of refugee tracks and some cannot get out of their cities because the russian are shooting on civilians old and young. What kind of sick comment.

So why fight wars in the cities? Either move the people or the army out of the cities. “Scorch and burn” is extreme but can be very effective. I’m not justifying this war nor denying civilian casualties. You’ll wonder how it all went so suddenly wrong when Zelensky signs a deal giving the 2 districts to Russia and a secret handshake not to join NATO. 

16 minutes ago, Fanta said:

So why fight wars in the cities? Either move the people or the army out of the cities. “Scorch and burn” is extreme but can be very effective. I’m not justifying this war nor denying civilian casualties. You’ll wonder how it all went so suddenly wrong when Zelensky signs a deal giving the 2 districts to Russia and a secret handshake not to join NATO. 

You’re asking why would Ukraine fight in the cities? Because it offers better defensive positions than out in the open. You chew up the opposite army by getting them to fight you in a city. Scorched earth is what you do when you don’t have a city to fight in and lots of land to trade. If you think that’s all Putin would demand, we’ll I have a bridge to sell you. Fact is he had all of that before starting the war. Putin’s objective is beyond Ukraine, he just needs to take them first. Don’t believe anything the Russians are saying in the peace talks. They are masters at lying while continuing a war. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

There is only one who bomb the cities and thats Putin and Russia! There is only one who invades the Ukraine and made war. His name us Putin and nobody else did it. 

Not Zelensky, not Europe, not Biden!!!!

What is your intension with this rubbish?? There is no doubt who is the agressor and the whole world watched it!

15 hours ago, Stardust said:

What is your intension with this rubbish?? There is no doubt who is the agressor and the whole world watched it!

I have never denied that Putin’s Russia is the aggressor and that this war is wrong.  My intention is the same as I have stated previously. That the Western & Russian press are pumping out propaganda disguised as news and if you believe it all you are being naive at best. Plus, imo, if you think Ukraine is winning then you are delusional. It is war and propaganda is an essential weapon in any war. Look at the casualty figures for Russian & Ukraine soldiers. Russian casualties below. Both sides are lying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Russo-Ukrainian_War

498 killed 24 February – 2 March 2022 Russian government[75]
3,000–10,000killed[note 4] 24 February – 18 March 2022 US estimate[76]