News Forum - 1,000 Thais register to apply for jobs in Saudi Arabia

Thaiger

Thai and Saudi officials say labour relations between their countries are strengthening following renewed relations. Thailand’s labour minister said over 1,000 people have registered online with the Department of Employment to apply for jobs in Saudi Arabia. He claimed the final remaining step is signing a bilateral labour agreement, which is expected to occur soon. The agreement will allow Thailand to export labour to Saudi Arabia. The department is vetting Thai job seekers’ qualifications and testing their skills, and matching them to corresponding jobs in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia has meanwhile stopped banning poultry imports from Thailand, opening trade opportunities. […]

The story 1,000 Thais register to apply for jobs in Saudi Arabia as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

20 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

1,000 people have registered online with the Department of Employment to apply for jobs in Saudi Arabia.

Expect weeping massage ladies who've been "tricked"  into sex work.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Expect weeping massage ladies who've been "tricked"  into sex work.

I also waa thinking about what kind of jobs they apply for and as Thailand is on a downfall with their education system and no skilled labours as a result of it, what can they offer in a global market with much more skilled labour? Which job should it be  Saudia Arabia could not get from other countries with more skilled labours???

23 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I also waa thinking about what kind of jobs they apply for and as Thailand is on a downfall with their education system and no skilled labours as a result of it, what can they offer in a global market with much more skilled labour? Which job should it be  Saudia Arabia could not get from other countries with more skilled labours???

I know many Thai chefs that worked in the middle east 

Obviously that's not all the jobs but I knew many

• Like 1

is the Thai government making a app for the Thai's with a splash page that says "What ever you do, please, please, please don't take anything that does not belong to you."? 

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The department is vetting Thai job seekers’ qualifications and testing their skills, and matching them to corresponding jobs in Saudi Arabia

Remember this when all the horror stories about job misrepresentations and horrendous labor conditions in SA come pouring in...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I know many Thai chefs that worked in the middle east 

Obviously that's not all the jobs but I knew many

Yes this I forgot sure. Like around the world. Thais who are skilled and educated in Europe they have enough possibilities in europe or any better destination around the globe than Saudi Arabia and if they go in this region they prefer Dubai, Qatar or Oman.

52 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I worked in a couple of large manufacturing plants ( installing machinery ) in Saudi Arabia, the workforce was around 90% Thais and Filipinos, from cleaners to line production workers and from maintenance technicians to supervisors.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Yes this I forgot sure. Like around the world. Thais who are skilled and educated in Europe they have enough possibilities in europe or any better destination around the globe than Saudi Arabia and if they go in this region they prefer Dubai, Qatar or Oman.

Yes I don't recall any going to Saudi Arabia, you are correct 

Mostly Dubai

But they had good jobs and gave them experience as being head chefs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

I worked in a couple of large manufacturing plants ( installing machinery ) in Saudi Arabia, the workforce was around 90% Thais and Filipinos, from cleaners to line production workers and from maintenance technicians to supervisors.

When was it? Because the conditions and sallaries are no more like it was in the past. As example the reports from the construction workers from India and Pakistan or the Phillipinos who worked mostly in house keeping. For skilled labours it might be different.

49 minutes ago, Stardust said:

When was it? Because the conditions and sallaries are no more like it was in the past. As example the reports from the construction workers from India and Pakistan or the Phillipinos who worked mostly in house keeping. For skilled labours it might be different.

Last time was 2015 , so yes I might be a bit out of date.

1 minute ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Last time was 2015 , so yes I might be a bit out of date.

My last time in this region (Dubai) was 2017 and I noticed the fast changes there compare a few years before.

• Like 1