News Forum - Phuket police on the hunt for alleged shoplifting foreigner

Thaiger

A foreign man reportedly stole snacks from a Phuket shop on two separate occasions. The shopkeeper alleges the foreigner first stole snacks back in January, after he came to the store with a Thai woman. The woman paid for her items, while the man allegedly stole 228 baht worth of snacks. The man reported the alleged theft to Phuket City Police the next day. The shopkeeper now alleges the foreigner stole snacks again on Sunday, stuffing the snacks into his trousers. The shopkeeper claims the foreigner came to the shop with a Thai woman, and also another foreign man this […]

The story Phuket police on the hunt for alleged shoplifting foreigner as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A foreign man reportedly stole snacks

Shock horror! Breaking news!! Extra extra, read all about it!

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Shock horror! Breaking news!! Extra extra, read all about it!

In California they can steal $950 worth and it only a ticket if caught. Employees are told not to interfere. 

10 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

In California they can steal $950 worth and it only a ticket if caught. Employees are told not to interfere. 

so in cal. one can live for free..?.take what you need...?.USA country of endless possibility s...on the other hand they dish out really heavy jail sentences  for almost nothing...

• Like 1

I wish they police worked that hard to find the thai agent who stole my rent money and ripped off at least 15 more they had her in the police station and let her go not hear something  about 4 month now everything one way here 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, kalyan said:

natural, inflation, no work, no money drive humans to rob " foreigners are not exceptional" when the stomach is hungry !

Genuine hunger for food I can understand as having experienced  it. Hunger for wealth ahead of hunger I have no respect for !

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A foreign man reportedly stole snacks from a Phuket shop on two separate occasions. The shopkeeper alleges the foreigner first stole snacks back in January, after he came to the store with a Thai woman. The woman paid for her items, while the man allegedly stole 228 baht worth of snacks. The man reported the alleged theft to Phuket City Police the next day. The shopkeeper now alleges the foreigner stole snacks again on Sunday, stuffing the snacks into his trousers. The shopkeeper claims the foreigner came to the shop with a Thai woman, and also another foreign man this […]

The story Phuket police on the hunt for alleged shoplifting foreigner as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Wow this is news for a newsoutlet?? Shoplifters? In Thai news or around the world this is never in any news if sombody steals snacks only shoplifters in a gold shop you will read about it! There are no other news outside? Is this the journalism of Thaiger? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A foreign man reportedly stole snacks from a Phuket shop on two separate occasions. The shopkeeper alleges

After he did a full stocktake of his store, and checked the security cameras, after the first time. Which after doing so reports him to Thai Police. Then …. On the man’s second visit to the store he was not apprehended immediately by the owner/Thai police but allowed to abscond with lots of delicious snacks. This was known after once again a full stocktake and check of security cameras was carried out. I wonder when the Thai Police will actively search prior to him leaving Thailand and forcing them to raise an Interpol red notice on him.  …. Slow news day in Thailand, a given.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A foreign man reportedly stole snacks from a Phuket shop on two separate occasions.

What shop is that, please? What kind of  "snacks"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

looks like a clothes shop to me .. handsome foreigner six pack, maybe shes seeking to lure women in to buy clothes with the hope of seeing this handsome farang

Even though the goods have a small value, it could lead to more serious theft, Thailand have enough trouble with its own people, the best thing for the police is to catch and deport this trash.

• Like 1

In another life, had to deal with shoplifters who got nicked by shop security staff.  Teenagers, transients to soccer mom housewives.  Oddest was a retired military officer from the Forces, well dressed, enough money in his wallet for the item he'd nicked.  Went through the full range of lying, denial, pleading, anger to crying as the police led him away.

Once met a full-time 'professional' shoplifter from the UK here.  Plied the trade until he sensed it was time to let things cool down, so he'd fly over to Thailand for a holiday.  Seemed detached and forthright about it, not a compulsive kleptomaniac who would nick sweets from a shop here.

1 hour ago, Janneman said:

Nice sixpack. I do wonder where he hid the loot that second time. 

Roid boy...... Plenty of room in the front of his pants.. 

• Haha 1

Probably a trust fund brat on perpetual holiday... Certainly does not look destitute or poor. Whoever he is, police have a clear photo and I suspect he is going to have some explaining to do real soon.

22 hours ago, Prosaap said:

I wish they police worked that hard to find the thai agent who stole my rent money and ripped off at least 15 more they had her in the police station and let her go not hear something  about 4 month now everything one way here 

She paid the cops you didn't maybe.