Jump to content

Russia v Ukraine - How This Is Going To End


Pinetree
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, vlad said:

You're not doing yourself any favors Snapdragon slagging the beeb off when you see reporters with film crews filming what's going on. Are you saying this is false fake news? We have Neo Nazis in the UK too called National Action so I'd be looking at closer to home instead of deflecting the war in Ukraine. 

Well its a bit like a relay.

The US are controlling NATO. Whatever direction they decide to go in; the member countries go.

NATO are telling their very reluctant members to demonize Russia, and to support sanctions etc..

The UK pick up the baton, with the most ridiculous rhetoric. Mostly through The Foreign Secretary; Liz Truss. But Boris is rivalling her in spouting nonsense.

The UK Government - though the deep state and OFFCOM  - are controlling BBC's narrative.

The BBC treat the people as simply mushrooms; kept in the dark and fed manure.

Back in the day, the BBC was a lot fairer in its programming and reporting. They even asked questions. The turning point, at least for me, was when Marmaduke Hussey made it to the Director's Office. That was years ago, but since then it has gradually slipped away, until now, it is fully the UK Government's mouthpiece.

  • Like 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Marble-eye said:

There isn't two sides though is there John, Russia has illegally invaded Ukraine, they should not be there unless you want believe all this Russian propaganda, all the Ukrainians are doing is trying to remove the Russians that are flattening there cities, killing their citizens and all the other atrocities that goes with Putins 'liberation'

There's always two sides to it don't be so naive 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, vlad said:

At least he not slagging the yanks off today its us his own race who is next on your hate list the Thais Snap ?

I'm a member of the Human Race.

As you are too Mr Vlad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, snapdragon said:

Russia knew the Azov battalions, among others, were ready to invade the breakaway regions. They got in first. Now 40k Ukrainian troop are surrounded.

Ukraine has roughly 50/50 of its people supporting either the Ukraine or Russian side. The vast majority of the Russian sympathisers are in the south and east.

What evidence do you have the Azov battalion (note singular) were going to invade the areas controlled by terrorist groups backed by Russia?

Do you honestly believe 50% of the Ukraine's population sympathise with Russia? Please provide links to demonstrate this.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There's always two sides to it don't be so naive 

 “two sides” to Genocide and Pre- Meditated Murder then….. evenhandedness required… 😉
Nazi Holocaust, Stalins Holomodor Starvation of Ukraine,Turkey Armenian Genocide, Mao Chinese Famine, Putin Invasion War Crime. 

Putin / Hitler/ Mao / Stalin “justification ” ? Mental Illness, Jew Hatred, Power, Megalomania, Politics, “Feeling” Provoked…… 😡

One “side” is the Wronged Dead Invaded Victim ; other “side” the unjustified invalid Aggressor Murderer. 

But still “two sides” 😡 NOT Equal sides though as you strangely imply.

 


 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

Well its a bit like a relay.

The US are controlling NATO. Whatever direction they decide to go in; the member countries go.

NATO are telling their very reluctant members to demonize Russia, and to support sanctions etc..

The UK pick up the baton, with the most ridiculous rhetoric. Mostly through The Foreign Secretary; Liz Truss. But Boris is rivalling her in spouting nonsense.

The UK Government - though the deep state and OFFCOM  - are controlling BBC's narrative.

The BBC treat the people as simply mushrooms; kept in the dark and fed manure.

Back in the day, the BBC was a lot fairer in its programming and reporting. They even asked questions. The turning point, at least for me, was when Marmaduke Hussey made it to the Director's Office. That was years ago, but since then it has gradually slipped away, until now, it is fully the UK Government's mouthpiece.

So where can we find the truth? Which websites do you look at which will give us that?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

 “two sides” to Genocide and Pre- Meditated Murder them…..
Nazi Holocaust, Stalins Holomodor Starvation of Ukraine,Turkey Armenian Genocide, Mao Chinese Famine.

Putin / Hitler/ Mao / Stalin “excuse” ? Mental Illness, Jew Hatred, Power, Megalomania, Politics, “Feeling” Provoked…… 

One “side” is the Wronged Dead Invaded Victim ; other “side” the unjustified invalid Aggressor Murderer. 

But still “two sides” 😡


 

Yes there's two sides?

Not sure what point your rant is trying to make here

I'm sure us British have been likened to dictators and foreign invaders by others in the past

I haven't said both sides are right anyway but there's two different narratives going on like there always is. I'll listen to both sides because I'm not so narrow minded and make my own mind up that way

People who committed war crimes should be punished regardless of which side of the fence they're on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

Well its a bit like a relay.

The US are controlling NATO. Whatever direction they decide to go in; the member countries go.

NATO are telling their very reluctant members to demonize Russia, and to support sanctions etc..

The UK pick up the baton, with the most ridiculous rhetoric. Mostly through The Foreign Secretary; Liz Truss. But Boris is rivalling her in spouting nonsense.

The UK Government - though the deep state and OFFCOM  - are controlling BBC's narrative.

The BBC treat the people as simply mushrooms; kept in the dark and fed manure.

Back in the day, the BBC was a lot fairer in its programming and reporting. They even asked questions. The turning point, at least for me, was when Marmaduke Hussey made it to the Director's Office. That was years ago, but since then it has gradually slipped away, until now, it is fully the UK Government's mouthpiece.

BBC reporting seems improved & fine at present. 

UK Govt. “rhetoric” & “ nonsense”  ? LIke What? 

Russia are “Demonizing” Russia. 

UK Govt are acting honorably by leading in support of Ukraine, in  compliance with the peoples will.

UK Govt. Is not “ controlling” the BBC. 
Evidence for this and “deep state”? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Yes there's two sides?

Not sure what point your rant is trying to make here

I'm sure us British have been likened to dictators and foreign invaders by others in the past

I haven't said both sides are right anyway but there's two different narratives going on like there always is. I'll listen to both sides because I'm not so narrow minded and make my own mind up that way

People who committed war crimes should be punished regardless of which side of the fence they're on

There were two sides in the first world war. Which side do think was right?

There were two sides in the second world war. Which side do you think was right?

There were two sides in the Falklands war. Which side do you think was right?

You see what I'm driving at here? You either agree with the aggressor or you agree with the defender.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Yes there's two sides?

Not sure what point your rant is trying to make here

I'm sure us British have been likened to dictators and foreign invaders by others in the past

I haven't said both sides are right anyway but there's two different narratives going on like there always is. I'll listen to both sides because I'm not so narrow minded and make my own mind up that way

People who committed war crimes should be punished regardless of which side of the fence they're on

The point is Clear. And you’ re still pushing this weird neutral equivalence between the two sides.

Having your country invaded and wrecked and your people murdered by manifest evil thuggery is not a bloody “narrative”, it’s a living horror show. 

Show some sense and decency and proper balance here. You fail to condemn Putin. Putin “ feeling threatened” or “ protecting Russians” outside Russia is pure evil, not any justifiable “narrative”.Hitler used exactly this approach. 

You clearly have “made your mind up”.

Badly …..

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, snapdragon said:

Russia knew the Azov battalions, among others, were ready to invade the breakaway regions. They got in first. Now 40k Ukrainian troop are surrounded.

Ukraine has roughly 50/50 of its people supporting either the Ukraine or Russian side. The vast majority of the Russian sympathisers are in the south and east.

“ breakaway regions” are Ukrainian lands. “Knowing” that Ukrainian forces are poised to retake their own land is zero valid justification to strike further into land not yours. 

Of 44 million Ukrainians, 13 million are ethnic Russians, mainly in the south & east; Doubtful if more than 2 million of those ever “supported” being ruled by Russia. 

Ukrainian Donbass Army is not “ surrounded”. Stop listening to Russian outlets or indeed any “news”. Frontline MSM Correspondents know little or nothing not being military experts.

Check out the expert western- based military analysts & Ministers speaking to us daily & directly on BBC or CNN etc. using national intelligence reports and battlefield maps. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

There were two sides in the first world war. Which side do think was right?

There were two sides in the second world war. Which side do you think was right?

There were two sides in the Falklands war. Which side do you think was right?

You see what I'm driving at here? You either agree with the aggressor or you agree with the defender.

The side that wins the war are always right. 

But happy to see you agree that there's two sides to it

As Brits you know throughout history we've been the aggressors and defenders many a time.

Were we not the aggressors in Iraq or the zulu wars for example?

Defenders in Falklands etc

I know you like things in black and white so you can understand it better but sometimes matters aren't that straightforward 

For the record I agree with the defender in this instance. Its NATO involvement I'm not sure about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

The point is Clear. And you’ re still pushing this weird neutral equivalence between the two sides.

Having your country invaded and wrecked and your people murdered by manifest evil thuggery is not a bloody “narrative”, it’s a living horror show. 

Show some sense and decency and proper balance here. You fail to condemn Putin. Putin “ feeling threatened” or “ protecting Russians” outside Russia is pure evil, not any justifiable “narrative”.Hitler used exactly this approach. 

You clearly have “made your mind up”.

Badly …..

Aye we've been there done that and got the t-shirt but thanks for letting me know I've made my mind up. 

Of course I condemn Putin but I condemn everyone who invades another country illegally.

Putin will get what's coming to him as will all war criminals 

Hope that makes you sleep better sweet cheeks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Aye we've been there done that and got the t-shirt but thanks for letting me know I've made my mind up. 

Of course I condemn Putin but I condemn everyone who invades another country illegally.

Putin will get what's coming to him as will all war criminals 

Hope that makes you sleep better sweet cheeks 

Already moved on. Though you still determinedly apply your false equivalence to “war crimes”. 😞

Any reactive Ukrainian “ war criminals” already probably got a pass from EU Investigators & ICC…..  It’s their civilians first getting butchered & raped😡by perps who will never receive Justice if they escape Ukraine alive……😩

ICC will be focused exclusively on Aggressor war crimes….. just as Nuremberg didn’t charge WW2 Allied Troops executing in the field Waffen SS murderers of captured SAS & US soldiers….. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Already moved on. Though you still determinedly apply your false equivalence to “war crimes”. 😞

Any reactive Ukrainian “ war criminals” already probably got a pass from EU Investigators & ICC…..  It’s their civilians first getting butchered & raped😡by perps who will never receive Justice if they escape Ukraine alive……😩

ICC will be focused exclusively on Aggressor war crimes….. just as Nuremberg didn’t charge WW2 Allied Troops executing in the field Waffen SS murderers of captured SAS & US soldiers….. 

This is where we'll have to agree to disagree 

If a Ukrainian soldier was to rape a young Russian speaking lady and then brutally murder her in her donbass home he should be applauded and given a pat on the back? Shit comparison but you know what I mean

The rules of engagement applies to both sides

I'd string the lot of them up myself

Good point about nuremburg though. As I said earlier it tends to be the winners who dictate who is a war criminal or not 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Check out the expert western- based military analysts & Ministers speaking to us daily & directly on BBC or CNN etc. using national intelligence reports and battlefield maps. 

Dear me!!

BBC and CNN for truth and accuracy?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

Dear me!!

BBC and CNN for truth and accuracy?

So where should we get truth and accuracy?

Which websites and sources do you use?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rookiescot said:

So where should we get truth and accuracy?

Which websites and sources do you use?

Good question Mr R.

UKcolumn

21centurywire

thisweek.org.uk

George Galloway

GB News

I also have contacts on the ground that must remain obscure tor security reasons.

 

 

  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snapdragon said:

Good question Mr R.

UKcolumn

21centurywire

thisweek.org.uk

George Galloway

GB News

I also have contacts on the ground that must remain obscure tor security reasons.

So just crackpot conspiracy theory websites then. Can't say I'm surprised. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So just crackpot conspiracy theory websites then. Can't say I'm surprised. 

Don't talk ridiculous Mr R.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Ukrainian Donbass Army is not “ surrounded”. Stop listening to Russian outlets or indeed any “news”. Frontline MSM Correspondents know little or nothing not being military experts.

Check out the expert western- based military analysts & Ministers speaking to us daily & directly on BBC or CNN etc. using national intelligence reports and battlefield maps. 

The Ukrainian Donbass Army is not “ surrounded”.

Yes it is Mr Oldschooler.

Switch of the mainstream and do some thinking. Look behind the curtain. Think outside the box and consider who is befitting from all this western propaganda.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, JohnC said:

No we wouldn't but, bit of advice, don't take it as gospel until proven by independent people who's job it is to verify such claims. 

No doubt war crimes are happening between both factions as is par for a war and hopefully all involved will be punished accordingly in due time

You mean, Putin will be strung up....?   👏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, snapdragon said:

Good question Mr R.

UKcolumn

21centurywire

thisweek.org.uk

George Galloway

GB News

I also have contacts on the ground that must remain obscure tor security reasons.

"George Galloway".........🤣

"I also have contacts on the ground that must remain obscure for security reasons"...

.....Thanks for telling us....................🤣

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gentlemen, a number of members are posting images, charts and statements of inferred facts in breach of the FG's. Future posts not adhering to the FG's will be removed without warning.

 

5. Understand that the Forum considers “Facts” to differ from a “Personal Opinion.” Facts may be inferred or quoted. Members are responsible to make sure their Posts are not misleading and do not knowingly share articles, pictures and videos previously identified as Misinformation.

6. All text and posted content must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Posts must be accompanied by a personal comment & a valid working direct link (URL) to any quoted text or data image for verification or for any fact(s) or inferred fact(s) used in a personal comment.

7. Quoted sources must be viewable by any member. Links to sites requiring a membership or subscription to view the whole item linked are not permitted. Links must be checked by Members before posting to ensure they meet these requirements and are valid working links.

Moderator.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 30

      Ukraine/Russian Conflict - General Discussion

    2. 1

      News Forum - Proposal for telecom providers to help tidy up Bangkok cables

    3. 30

      Ukraine/Russian Conflict - General Discussion

    4. 2

      Top 5 Chefs in Order.

    5. 30

      Ukraine/Russian Conflict - General Discussion

  • New Topics

  • Popular Now

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use