News Forum - Province in Western Thailand works to revive tourism in new scheme

Thaiger

The governor of one Western Thai province whose tourism income plummeted this year announced yesterday the need for a “comprehensive strategy” to revive tourism. The province of Prachuap Khiri Khan made 1.85 billion baht in tourism in 2020, but that dropped to 36 million baht in 2021. “We expect travel activities to pick up once Covid-19 is classified as an endemic disease”. The governor says the new tourism strategy will mainly promote one-night and two-night stays in three target areas. The areas are Hua Hin-Pran Buri, Sam Roi Yot-Kui Buri-Muang, and Thap Sakae-Bang Saphan-Bang Saphan Noi. The governor says the […]

The story Province in Western Thailand works to revive tourism in new scheme as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Nothing is going to fix until restrictions such as test and go are terminated. Not even local tourism, because if people cannot go to work and earn money, they cannot afford the luxury of holidays. 

Those privileged few that can afford holidays, have enough to holiday outside of Thailand and now have plenty of choice, as most other countries are opening up without ridiculous restrictions and requirements placed upon them. Wake up and smell the coffee TAT. 

You can spend as much as you like attracting tourists, but as soon as they see the the plethora  of unnecessary hoops they are required to jump through, they will choose an easier location.

People are like electricity. They will choose the easiest route. Just like when you go to the mall. The top floor or two of the car park are the empty ones.

UK now, vaccinated or not, makes no difference. No restrictions , no tests required. Unless something changes the virus is now considered to be no different to Flu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BBY said:

Nothing is going to fix until restrictions such as test and go are terminated. Not even local tourism, because if people cannot go to work and earn money, they cannot afford the luxury of holidays. 

Those privileged few that can afford holidays, have enough to holiday outside of Thailand and now have plenty of choice, as most other countries are opening up without ridiculous restrictions and requirements placed upon them. Wake up and smell the coffee TAT. 

You can spend as much as you like attracting tourists, but as soon as they see the the plethora  of unnecessary hoops they are required to jump through, they will choose an easier location.

People are like electricity. They will choose the easiest route. Just like when you go to the mall. The top floor or two of the car park are the empty ones.

UK now, vaccinated or not, makes no difference. No restrictions , no tests required. Unless something changes the virus is now considered to be no different to Flu.

A breath of fresh opinion ! Spot on advice!
Thailand is being held captive to the covid revenue restriction schemers imop

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BBY said:

now considered to be no different to Flu.

Agree wholeheartedly now that those (Thailand) who wanted vaccination have it.  People now have a good chance of surviving a dose of Covid. That was probably the best deal to hope for. Hope we don't have any mutations that waste all that vaccination.

Covid was never going to be stopped, as China is now learning and who also have poor vaccination rates.       (I don't include Sinovac as a serious vaccine.)

• Like 2

The Spanish Flu was never eradicated, it simply morphed into a kinder, gentler virus that didn't kill its host. The same thing is happening with Covid. I know two people who tested positive within the last month. One mid-70's, HARDCORE anti-vaxxer, the other mid-50's vaxxed and boosted. Both showed general signs of flu, the older guy was hit harder but they both got through it. If Thailand realistically wants to restore tourism then it's time to stop the nonsense.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JustAnotherExpat said:

The Spanish Flu was never eradicated, it simply morphed into a kinder, gentler virus that didn't kill its host. The same thing is happening with Covid. I know two people who tested positive within the last month. One mid-70's, HARDCORE anti-vaxxer, the other mid-50's vaxxed and boosted. Both showed general signs of flu, the older guy was hit harder but they both got through it. If Thailand realistically wants to restore tourism then it's time to stop the nonsense.

Same here, double vaxxed and boosted, and I still caught it - but I have had much worse colds. In my late sixties, and not that fit, I would probably have been looking at a fairly long hospital stay, at best, if I had gone down with one of the earlier variants.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Grumpish said:

Same here, double vaxxed and boosted, and I still caught it - but I have had much worse colds. In my late sixties, and not that fit, I would probably have been looking at a fairly long hospital stay, at best, if I had gone down with one of the earlier variants.

The vaccinations have NEVER claimed to stop you getting Covid.  

19 hours ago, BBY said:

Whilst it’s not at pre covid levels the beaches in PKK and the golf courses are a lot busier than a year ago - the hoops are just the new normal and really not too onerous if you’ve got a few minutes to spare. 

That's easy Governor. You can announce (with fanfare, of course) a "no quarantine" travel plan, accompanied by a mandatory one-night quarantine at pre-determined hotels, two PCR tests (reserving the option to alter the number down the road), mandatory insurance of a certain amount (reserving the option to alter the amount, of course), and a travel pass/QR code without which all of the above are null and void.

You can also keep educating the local populace that foreigners are desperate to get back to Thailand, and that Malaysia, the Philippines and Cambodia don't actually exist, they are just rumor countries.

Edited by Leo
  • Like 1

It's all very simple. Scrap the Thai pass, testing on arrival and insurance scam. I've got £10 million of emergency medical cover free with my packaged bank account which includes covid.  The problem is the 45 page policy document won't upload so I have to waste money paying AXA Thailand to get a certificate

On 3/16/2022 at 8:26 AM, BBY said:

True the UK has no restrictions, what you did not mention was the number of virus cases has doubled over the last week in the UK, hospital admissions have gone up.

The good news in the UK is the death rate has not rises due to the fact we have a very hight level of double and triple vaccines rolled out, the same can not be said for Thailand hence the reason they can not fully open up.

Instead of all this talk, why are more Thais not being vaccinate? Once that has been done then Thailand can fully open. 

It is all quite simple but simple does not seem to work in Thailand. 

6 hours ago, Nick said:

It's all very simple. Scrap the Thai pass, testing on arrival and insurance scam. I've got £10 million of emergency medical cover free with my packaged bank account which includes covid.  The problem is the 45 page policy document won't upload so I have to waste money paying AXA Thailand to get a certificate

It seems on this forum so many guys complain and whine yet do the bare minimum in research to get the most favorable outcome

Did you talk to your insurance? If they are a proper insurance company, they would have or would have provided you with a cover letter explaining your coverage that would be one page

AXA is expensive, you could have scrolled down directly below on Thai Pass and found FWD insurance, that has an extensive hospital network that offers cashless service in their network