Officials tinker with definition of “population”, “find” over 70% of Phuket is vaccinated

Thaiger

The population of Phuket has been “adjusted” by officials. They now state the island is 74% vaccinated. That is, they claim 74% have received at least 1 of the 2 necessary inoculations. This news comes from a report by the Phuket office of the Public Relations Department. It was posted earlier today. The report states that the Phuket Governor, Pichet Panapong, told the public that 70% of Phuket residents have received a vaccination. Pichet gave vaccination figures as belonging to 3 groups: People registered as living in Phuket People registered as living in other provinces Migrant workers/expats Pichet says: “For […]

The post Officials tinker with definition of “population”, “find” over 70% of Phuket is vaccinated appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Targeted people? What new nonsense is that? If you talk about herd imunity it means always of all inhabitants. They not have any competent people who know what they are talking?

• Cool 1

I love the math >

“For People who work in Phuket but come from other provinces, there are more than 100,000 people, and at this stage, about 108,000 people or about 108% have received their injection”.

He did not elaborate on how 108% could have received an injection.

I often shake my head when kids manning cash desks get the calculator out for simple equations like how much change from 1000bt for a 600bt purchase.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, charles said:

. . . none that i know of have even received a first injection

Just par for the course, sadly.

Hello, charles and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton