News Forum - Professional Muay Thai fighter trains Thai and US troops

Thaiger

As a special instructor, Thailand’s internationally known Muay Thai boxer, Buakaw Banchamek, has been coaching Muay Thai to Thai and US soldiers participating in the joint exercise Hanuman Guardian 2022, which is taking place in Thailand’s central province of Lop Buri. Buakaw, who is currently an army officer, taught theoretical and practical techniques on Monday in the 31st Infantry Regiment’s camp, like how to warm up before a fight, how to punch, do knee strikes, execute kicks and how to show respect to the instructors. The 39 year old has earned plenty of title belts and won numerous international matches. […]

The story Professional Muay Thai fighter trains Thai and US troops as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I love seeing the US and Thailand work together…someday I hope to be a US expat living in Thailand…at the very least 3 to 4 months out of the year

12 minutes ago, Pam said:

I love seeing the US and Thailand work together…someday I hope to be a US expat living in Thailand…at the very least 3 to 4 months out of the year

Positive sentiments indeed, @Pam!  Thanks for those and welcome to the forum!

The best muaythai fighter ever!

I never heard of this style of boxing till I came here 12 years ago!

His kick is deadly ! Wow 

• Cool 1

It's great to see positive stories and seeing things getting back to normal with the international partners. I hope the tourists start coming back to normal levels again too.