News Forum - Freshman student beaten to death in hazing incident at Isaan Thailand university

Thaiger

A freshman university student died during a hazing where he was reportedly beaten by students and forced to drink lao khao, a Thai distilled spirit. The 19 year old was punched in the stomach and face. At one point, he became unconscious. He died on the way to the hospital. The activist group ANTI SOTUS, which is against the hazing culture at Thai universities, posted information on the freshman’s death on its Facebook page, saying the first-year student, Padyos “Prem” Chonpakdi was attacked by senior students in the Rajamangala University of Technology Isaan in Nakhon Ratchasima. The group says they […]

The story Freshman student beaten to death in hazing incident at Isaan Thailand university as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

10 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

possibly expel, students who were involved.   

Utterly sickening behavior! At the very least, those responsible should be put away for a long time.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Utterly sickening behavior! At the very least, those responsible should be put away for a long time.

all of them not just a part. but most likely some 'famous' family will use 'money' to keep family member out of problems. TiT.

• Like 2

Utterly sickening in the “Land of Smiles”. Is this what they mean by “Thainess”? Makes me sick to hear those kind of phrases. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is just intolerable BS that should be thoroughly made sure it’s not going to happen. I am so glad that at CMU both my kids especially my son had zero hazing. It was more happy hello camaraderie.

Even in this instance wher they ar made to drink Lao Khao has gone way too far. Alcohol should never be a forced thing either. For this it looks just like they are bullies.

• Like 1

All hazing needs to be eliminated not covered up the culprits need to be jailed. 

I remember walking into a room to find a trainee being thrown into a chemical sink when I first started working. I knew I would be next and so was not surprised when I was set upon a few days later. Unfortunately for the two guys that tried it on with me (the same two I had seen earlier) I was an ex highschool American footballer I was centre on the defensive line and was 6'4" and about 300lbs at the time, needless to say it was the two guys that set upon me that ended up in that chemical sink and I made dam sure they would not bother any other trainees for a long time. When the department head found out what had happened he took me aside and said that he would not take action against me but not to do anything violent again. I said I don't do violent things but I will always defend myself he said good enough. That was the last I heard about it and the culprits were transferred to other sections soon after. To this day I maintain they should have lost their jobs but it was a different time and employers tolerated such behaviour back then. 

• Like 1