News Forum - Bangkok eases alcohol restrictions, large events and shopping centres allowed to serve booze

Thaiger

Bangkok is loosening its rules on alcohol sales. Starting today, shopping centres and event venues can serve alcoholic beverages until 11pm, according to a document signed yesterday by Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang. The venues serving beer, wine, and cocktails will also need to be certified through SHA+ and Thai Stop Covid 2 Plus, which are both safety and health standards set by the Thai government to prevent the spread of Covid-19. According to the document, alcohol can be served at conferences and seminars at hotels, conference venues, shopping centres, community markets, and banquet halls. Events should follow the Covid-19 prevention […]

The story Bangkok eases alcohol restrictions, large events and shopping centres allowed to serve booze as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So basically, everybody can serve booze, exception made for the bars ?

Is it some kind of Thai joke or is there something i dont get ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So basically, everybody can serve booze, exception made for the bars ?

Is it some kind of Thai joke or is there something i dont get ?

Rules here rarely makes sense, nor are they followed.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, resetamy said:

This is beyond dumb. It has been A YEAR since the bars have been open. 

Officially. Of the places that are going reopen I’m sure 99% have become “restaurants” with the license that caused a few thousand baht. Literally rather than helping the government made them pay more money just to reopen. 

30 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Literally rather than helping the government made them pay more money just to reopen. 

Because ripping farang of became harder during the past 2 years as the quantities just dropped.

6 hours ago, Shark said:

Because ripping farang of became harder during the past 2 years as the quantities just dropped.

How have you been ripped off as a tourist/expat in Thailand?

I am curious....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

How have you been ripped off as a tourist/expat in Thailand?

I am curious....

2pricethailand is one of the many ways just that you also aware of and many of them don't change prices.
The cabs... The police, I think I saw it all and still I love Thailand.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:29 AM, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Triple fee for the same distance, is that  good news?

6 hours ago, Shark said:

2pricethailand is one of the many ways just that you also aware of and many of them don't change prices.
The cabs... The police, I think I saw it all and still I love Thailand.

2 price businesses won't get a satang off me.  I don't use taxis and always get the rail link from Suvarnabhumi.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

2 price businesses won't get a satang off me.

same same, no different.

These days the Taxi's on BKK Airport aren't so bad anymore. It's mainly on HKT & USM and nothing will change there as for the first the Army, Police and whom not have tried it already.

On 3/15/2022 at 2:30 PM, Shark said:

A fool and his money are soon parted 

5 hours ago, Nick said:

2 price businesses won't get a satang off me.  I don't use taxis and always get the rail link from Suvarnabhumi.

Lol comments like this always make me chuckle but typical of expat forums - so for the sake of a few baht you are at the mercy of a train timetable, surrounded by people you don’t know, carrying whatever - rather than a private cab getting you from A-B for a tiny fraction of what you would pay at home. 

The women must love you right ? 

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Lol comments like this always make me chuckle but typical of expat forums - so for the sake of a few baht you are at the mercy of a train timetable, surrounded by people you don’t know, carrying whatever - rather than a private cab getting you from A-B for a tiny fraction of what you would pay at home. 

The women must love you right ? 

It's the principal!

They always say......

But, it's always the money, they are cheap fcuks  5555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1