Survey: 90+% feel bar ban, restrictions hamper Phuket Sandbox

Thaiger

In an “is water wet?”-style survey conducted by Thai Examiner, about 92% of foreigners polled disagree with the bar and entertainment venue closures during the Phuket Sandbox reopening. This, coupled with the bumbling, haphazard implementation of the reopening is driving foreigners away from coming to Phuket according to the site’s informal survey of 240 people. The Mayor of Patong confirmed last week that bars and clubs would not reopen on July 1 when Sandbox tourists are allowed to arrive. He said that the Tourist Authority of Thailand and the Governor of Phuket made the call. 70% of those polled in […]

The post Survey: 90+% feel bar ban, restrictions hamper Phuket Sandbox appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Regrettably, the reopening of Phuket, using this "Sandbox" with the mirad of rules, regulations, tests, etc., will be as successful as a chocolate fire guard!

I can possibly see that they are trying all these different rubbish ideas during rainy season, to see what tourists will and will not accept, before the beginning of High Season.

My belief is that they have not got as many of their people vaccinated as they say, and are playing for time.

The most ardent of tourists, will not subject themselves to this nonsense.

Mr. Prime Minister, with respect, you need our money, simple as that.

If you want it, then its simple:

Accept only fully vaccinated tourists.

Only one test 72 hours before departure, show the proof of both on arrival. NOTHING ELSE REQUIRED!

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

Accept only fully vaccinated tourists.

Only one test 72 hours before departure, show the proof of both on arrival. NOTHING ELSE REQUIRED!

I agree with Biggles and as long as the testing is maintained and proven, lets get Phuket opened up.

I have said this a thousand times and the government must prioritize those that work in the tourism and hospitality sectors within Phuket for Vaccination.

• Like 1

The Thai government has proven again and again that they are incompetent with handling the Phuket Sandbox and the entire COVID epidemic. It's time for the junta installed PM to resign along with his entire cabinet.  Thailand needs to start over again.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

I work with a group of people who planned on traveling to Phuket at the end of their deployment next month, but after informing them of all the restrictions and high hurdles to clear, they all decided to go to Spain instead, where the beaches are open, the bars are open, the nightclubs are open, and they don't have to wear a dang tracking collar (yeah, I know, it's a wristband), or install tracking software on their phones, or take any COVID tests post arrival, or require a Certificate of Entry, or COVID insurance, or anything else that Thailand is requiring.  It's Thailand's loss.

• Like 9

No entertainments , not even wine or beer when having dinner, I agree, 90% booked tourists will cancel if not yet done, already too much hassles to come over

Good luck I would love as resort GM to see I am wrong

• Like 2

If you believe that this vaccines work and the chance to spread the virus if you are vaccinated is significant reduced as claimed by the pharma industry for what you need a PCR-test ?

There are a bunch of countries where you can fly to where you need a PCR-TEST ONLY regardless if you are vaccinated or not. Please explain what is the benefit of getting vaccinated in this context ?

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

With the further restrictions against returning expats and Thais, it’s a wonder who will be using the sandbox?  I’m sure there will be a few plane loads, mostly people who signed up early and now feel they can’t back out. But after those few hundreds, it’s going to be cricket time. There are way too many restrictions and hoops to jump for this to be anything but a complete failure. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 321BOOM said:

If you believe that this vaccines work and the chance to spread the virus if you are vaccinated is significant reduced as claimed by the pharma industry for what you need a PCR-test ?

There are a bunch of countries where you can fly to where you need a PCR-TEST ONLY regardless if you are vaccinated or not. Please explain what is the benefit of getting vaccinated in this context ?

A very good question and also would be interesting if people are vaccinated for what is the quarantine for 14 days on the Island?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

With the further restrictions against returning expats and Thais, it’s a wonder who will be using the sandbox?  I’m sure there will be a few plane loads, mostly people who signed up early and now feel they can’t back out. But after those few hundreds, it’s going to be cricket time. There are way too many restrictions and hoops to jump for this to be anything but a complete failure. 

Also it would be interesting what the airlines will do if the planes are almost empty

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

In an “is water wet?”-style survey conducted by Thai Examiner, about 92% of foreigners polled disagree with the bar and entertainment venue closures during the Phuket Sandbox reopening. This, coupled with the bumbling, haphazard implementation of the reopening is driving foreigners away from coming to Phuket according to the site’s informal survey of 240 people. The Mayor of Patong confirmed last week that bars and clubs would not reopen on July 1 when Sandbox tourists are allowed to arrive. He said that the Tourist Authority of Thailand and the Governor of Phuket made the call. 70% of those polled in […]

The post Survey: 90+% feel bar ban, restrictions hamper Phuket Sandbox appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good written article by the Thaiger with side infos and opinions.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 321BOOM said:

sniff sniff!!   think I smell an anti vaxxer here

I took a look at the SHA + certified hotels. As suspected, they are ALL the 4,000+ baht/night resort type names. So 14 nights in an expensive hotel, plus three tests, minus the entertainment with many venues closed. I think TAT (and the rest of the circus) miscalculated on how much people are anxious to see a Phuket beach(!).

If anyone has info on the SHA hotels, please post.

2 hours ago, ThairdOfBS said:

sniff sniff!!   think I smell an anti vaxxer here

Correct.

I am against vaccination for Covid 19 which is in my opinion a complete exaggerated threat which suits the Pharma industry and is used by governments around the world to increase their control on their citizens.

We will not get vaccinated against Covid for various reasons

1. we are not in the risk group to die from it

2. to get it at all is less unlikely than to win in the lottery

3. vaccines are only approved for emergency use and were not running through all normally required trial phases

If vaccination works as advertised by the pharma industry please vaccinate the vulnerable but leave me alone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leo said:

I took a look at the SHA + certified hotels. As suspected, they are ALL the 4,000+ baht/night resort type names. So 14 nights in an expensive hotel, plus three tests, minus the entertainment with many venues closed. I think TAT (and the rest of the circus) miscalculated on how much people are anxious to see a Phuket beach(!).

If anyone has info on the SHA hotels, please post.

Out of interest I obtained a quote for 2 weeks in July at Kamala Beach Sunprime Resort.  It's a great resort in a prime position and Kamala Beach is one of the few beaches which still has many restaurants and shops operating due to it having a large expat community.  For a 44 sq/m room it was ~37,000 baht incl tax for 14 nights.

• Like 1