News Forum - Pattaya opens hotline to support stranded Ukrainian and Russian tourists

Thaiger

The Pattaya Tourist Police have launched a hotline to help Ukrainians and Russians facing financial issues or cancelled flights due to the conflict in Ukraine. Tourists and expats in Pattaya can call the hotline number at 1155 or use the application Tourist Police i lert u. Thousands of Russian tourists are stranded in Thailand due to flight cancellations and sanctions over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand. A tourism official says there are currently around 3,100 Russian tourists stranded in Phuket and more than 2,000 on Koh Samui. The Tourism Authority of Thailand and the […]

The story Pattaya opens hotline to support stranded Ukrainian and Russian tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ok, nice to see. But what support are they providing beyond telling them they can extend their visa and their nightmare by 30 days? The news story shouldn’t be they will answer your call, the news should be about what support to expect. 

Helpline: Hello, Pattaya Police helpline, how can I help you.

Ivan: I have no money for food and my ATM and credit cards don’t work. Help me please.

Helpline: I have good news for you Mr Ivan. Now you can stay with no food for another 30 days. If you walk to Jomtien IO they will stamp for free. 

Ivan: Is that all you can do to help?

Helpline: Yes, and next time, tell your boss man not to invade your neighbours then you not be in the shit. Thank you for calling Pattaya Police helpline. Have nice day..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Ok, nice to see. But what support are they providing beyond telling them they can extend their visa and their nightmare by 30 days? The news story shouldn’t be they will answer your call, the news should be about what support to expect. 

Helpline: Hello, Pattaya Police helpline, how can I help you.

Ivan: I have no money for food and my ATM and credit cards don’t work. Help me please.

Helpline: I have good news for you Mr Ivan. Now you can stay with no food for another 30 days. If you walk to Jomtien IO they will stamp for free. 

Ivan: Is that all you can do to help?

Helpline: Yes, and next time, tell your boss man not to invade your neighbours then you not be in the shit. Thank you for calling Pattaya Police helpline. Have nice day..

Just a usual flag waving process by the authorities!  Really is it of any use ! Wow a help line and a free visa extention to stay with no money.. they should be putting more pressure on the Russian embassy to deal with this issue..repatriation flights although I don't know how the planes can pay for landing fees, refueling costs and ground checks before flying back

• Like 2