News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES: Russia asks China for help; Kherson residents protest; Lviv military base attacked; American journalist shot dead

Thaiger

As the Russian invasion enters its 19th day, here’s the latest headlines from the conflict in Ukraine… • Russia has asked China for military help — including drones — and aid in evading sanctions, US officials say. China’s embassy in Washington says it’s not aware of the request testing its recent “no limits” alliance, while the US warns of consequences. White House National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan told CNN… “We also are watching closely to see the extent to which China actually does provide any form of support, material support or economic support, to Russia. It is a concern of […]

The story UKRAINE UPDATES: Russia asks China for help; Kherson residents protest; Lviv military base attacked; American journalist shot dead as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

China and India are already helping Russia, Lviv was a command and control center suprising that it took so long for this one to get hit, It's a full on war zone, it's a no go zone even for journalists... if you go, expect to be killed. 

• Like 1

If Putin is not stopped there will soon be only one outcome to his madness, he will not listen or stop so the inevitable will happen sooner or later ,and that will be the finish of europe, russia and the u.s.atomic bomb explosion GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuhan said:

If Putin is not stopped there will soon be only one outcome to his madness, he will not listen or stop so the inevitable will happen sooner or later ,and that will be the finish of europe, russia and the u.s.atomic bomb explosion GIF

That may be the price we have to pay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

That may be the price we have to pay. 

Living or visiting Thailand might be one of the safest places to be at the moment, if ww III does happen what will happen to expats living here whose countries have been destroyed by nuclear weapons. No banking systems, no pension payments, no transfers, no money, what will the Thai goverment do about all those stuck here with no money  or only savings, no planes flying, no money to renew visa's, total chaos the world economy would collapse and much much more, but we would probably still be alive.

• Like 2

China is one pice of the same criminal as 90% of all russians  brainwashed - if they support Russia we need to stand up and block all import from china. .  they dont like that--   Russian state TV tell russians is is Ukraine nazis who are invading Russia  and the russians beelive that ! how insane can this be ? we need to stand up now and stop this massmorder and give China a lesson to . .  for to long we turned the blind eye !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stuhan said:

Problem is "Nobody knows where the wind will blow "! If the scale of conflict takes out Europe, Russia and the US  the rest of the world will likely dies a slow but sure  same fate.

16 minutes ago, Bifrost said:

China is one pice of the same criminal as 90% of all russians  brainwashed - if they support Russia we need to stand up and block all import from china. .  they dont like that--   Russian state TV tell russians is is Ukraine nazis who are invading Russia  and the russians beelive that ! how insane can this be ? we need to stand up now and stop this massmorder and give China a lesson to . .  for to long we turned the blind eye !

who says Russians still believe state TV. I would say it's 1% whom still believe it and 98% whom can't change it leaving perhaps 1% of the Russian Elites whom aren't harmed by anything due to dual citizenships anyways.

Most Russians I know including my extended family doesn't support or listen to state TV, oh and if your going to bring state TV up here... the whole invasion of Ukraine wasn't on it until 72 hours later. So don't try to be 'smart' here. Western propoganda doesn't work my fiend.

I guess you fall out of bed today thinking that all Russians are bed and all Ukrainians are Engels and America didn't cause more problems by invading Afghanistan / Iraq then they ever solved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Convert54 said:

Problem is "Nobody knows where the wind will blow "! If the scale of conflict takes out Europe, Russia and the US  the rest of the world will likely dies a slow but sure  same fate.

Very true

2 hours ago, Convert54 said:

Not likely, will die, only a hell of a lot slower. There is no magic fence separating the northern and southern hemispheres.

It is one of the likely scenarios for the next mass extinction, along side massive asteroid, super volcano letting go and, of course, global warming.

China will be very careful here. They sell a lot more to the west than they do to the Russians.

Chinese banks have already stopped lending money to Russia.

Of course all this depends on what Czar Putin is prepared to offer for help. But I suspect there is little Russia can offer that China needs.

As for providing military equipment? It must be utterly humiliating for Czar Putin to ask for that. The war must be draining Russia far faster than any of us thought possible. 

• Like 2

China is so screwed. The went all in with Russia from the start and gave them a blank check, now the bill is huge. This was China's position: 

On the day Russian troops entered Ukraine, a spokesperson for China’s Foreign Ministry said Beijing would not send arms to Russia, taking a jab at U.S. efforts to muster military support for Ukraine. “There’s a difference in methods between China and the U.S. on this issue. … I think Russia, as a powerful country, does not need China or other countries to provide it with weapons,” Hua Chunying said at a news briefing.

Russia seeks military equipment and aid from China, U.S. officials say (msn.com)

Clearly China needs send military equipment, that's what a good ally does. However how do they do so without losing face? Better yet, how do you do so without getting hit with secondary sanctions? The US has already threaten to do so and China takes it so seriously they have already threaten the US against it. Worse yet, is getting secondary sanctions from the EU which would be a given. The EU was already mad at China, and they are actually taking the entire Ukraine conflict even more seriously than the US.  Makes you wonder if they are now regretting getting into a pissing match with Lithuania. Wolf warrior tactics coming back to bite them once again. Rock and a hard place to say the least. 

That aside, what could they possibly supply that Russia needs? I see the talk about drones, which is surprising since Russia already had a huge supply of them. Maybe it's not about quantity but more about type??? I would think trucks would be high on the list, those are the #1 target of Ukraine and a weak spot in Russian logistics. Outside of that, I just don't see what they could need? Something is clearly going wrong for Russia especially when you read about them needing to recruit Syrian soldiers.  

EXPLAINER: Will Russia bring Syrian fighters to Ukraine? - ABC News (go.com)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

China and India are already helping Russia, Lviv was a command and control center suprising that it took so long for this one to get hit, It's a full on war zone, it's a no go zone even for journalists... if you go, expect to be killed. 

Remember what happened when US armed Afghanistan against Russia doing exactly the same: protecting borders and citizens? Few years later they brought down towers and made US a greatest military fools on the earth pulling out of it like a rats? 

Sorry, I realized I don't have a point here. Just my 2 roubles 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Sorry, I realized I don't have a point here. Just my 2 roubles 

Actually it's the double standard the world lives by.

• Like 1