News Forum - Youtube blocks Russian state media across the globe

Thaiger

Youtube is now blocking Russian state media channels all around the world. At first, it Youtube only banned it in Europe. Youtube’s guidelines prohibit content that minimalises, trivialises, or denies well-documented violent events. As a part of this guideline, the channel said it will now block content that denies the invasion, or claims it is a ‘peacekeeping operation’. “In line with that, effective immediately, we are also blocking YouTube channels associated with Russian state-funded media, globally”. Other social media companies are also updating policies in the wake of the Russia-Ukraine conflict. Facebook has temporarily allowed political expression that usually violates […]

The story Youtube blocks Russian state media across the globe as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

It's all really pro Murica, can Thaiger return to posting news as this for me isn't news in the slightest. 

Just like Meta taking the Murica side. Whose surprised there as Meta remains an Murican company. Same for Google.

If you want to report on world news take a look at Bangkok Post reporting on https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/2278447/china-records-nearly-3-400-daily-virus-cases-in-worst-outbreak-in-2-years for example. That's interesting news.

5 minutes ago, Shark said:

It's all really pro Murica, can Thaiger return to posting news as this for me isn't news in the slightest. 

Just like Meta taking the Murica side. Whose surprised there as Meta remains an Murican company. Same for Google.

If you want to report on world news take a look at Bangkok Post reporting on https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/2278447/china-records-nearly-3-400-daily-virus-cases-in-worst-outbreak-in-2-years for example. That's interesting news.

If you read the Bangkok Post regularly you'll find it's every bit as biased as the New York Times or the Washington Post. I wish it was more centred and pro-Thailand.

• Like 2

Not happy with the scope of this precedent (down-ranking, adding warning labels and linking to alternate views would have been fine).

Access to disinformation is useful as it gives a glimpse into what the Kremlin is thinking + it gives an understanding rather than condemnation of why many Russians don't believe in the atrocities that are happening + it nurtures a healthy level of skepticism regarding all sources of news.

Without access to (mis)information from all sides, I won't trust any opinion, not even my own. So, farewell balanced opinions.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Poolie said:

If you read the Bangkok Post regularly you'll find it's every bit as biased as the New York Times or the Washington Post. I wish it was more centred and pro-Thailand.

Poolie I just was trying to put in a 'anti voice' but both are equally shit these days.
Thaiger was trying; I don't know what they're doing these days.

3 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

Not happy with the scope of this precedent (down-ranking, adding warning labels and linking to alternate views would have been fine).

It's a violation of how the Internet was made years a go... it's now dictated by the west. Murica.
Pro Ukrainian propoganda is now allowed by Meta since it fits the message where the other-side get's removed. Where two fight there are two sides of a story.

I won't justify the war. 

• Like 5

Whine, Whine, Whine

Whinge, Whinge, Whinge

"All the news is fake"

"It doesn't conform to my thoughts and prejudices, therefore it is wrong"

"The news only represents 'Murica"

"But, but, but the West is bad!. Bad! Bad! Bad!"

"I am too smart for the MSM!"

"I wish it was more 'Centered' "

"Oh! It's the lamestream media"

"I do my own research"

And yet, here you are on a news site, every day. Commenting on the news, every day. Stating that the information is incorrect or not representative, but offering nothing to justify that view, every day. Disregarding the facts that you read to put forth your own source-less opinions, every day.

Every day.

Next time, please include photos of yourselves when you are Doing Your Own Research in Ukraine, or China, or Iran, or Moscow, or Uganda, or Rio, or Washington, or wherever.

Have a nice day.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Whine, Whine, Whine

Whinge, Whinge, Whinge

"All the news is fake"

"I do my own research"

And yet, here you are on a news site, every day. Commenting on the news, every day. Stating that the information is incorrect or not representative, but offering nothing to justify that view, every day. Disregarding the facts that you read to put forth your own source-less opinions, every day.

Every day.

Next time, please include photos of yourselves when you are Doing Your Own Research in Ukraine, or China, or Iran, or Moscow, or Uganda, or Rio, or Washington, or wherever.

Have a nice day.

You're funny. I gave you a like for it.

My information has more source of truth as I do have friends on both sides of the fence both Ukrainians and Russians. So yeah for sure you're absolutely right... please Mr. Right start reporting for The Thaiger.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Shark said:

You're funny. I gave you a like for it.

My information has more source of truth as I do have friends on both sides of the fence both Ukrainians and Russians. So yeah for sure you're absolutely right... please Mr. Right start reporting for The Thaiger.

That is one shining example of why the media get away with the bias they display. We call them media whores.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

No problem, any time. 😀

in your case could've been one of your hands. thanks for the clarification through! 

Youtube has blocked Klaus Schwab and George Soros.

Whoops my mistake, Youtube has not blocked them. Sorry🙂, it was some guy talking about them.🙂. my bad.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Rosy Palmer... and let's not  forget about her 5 sisters.

No, no...Mrs Poolie is Chinese. And she only has two sisters. And a brother. 😄

3 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Whine, Whine, Whine

Whinge, Whinge, Whinge

"All the news is fake"

"I do my own research"

Every day.

Have a nice day.

That's hilarious. I've bookmarked your post in case someone ever asks me for a prime example of whining and whinging.

• Like 2

Great job, Youtube! 👍

- If you care about your digestion, my good advice – do not talk about bolshevism or medicine at table. And, God forbid, never read Soviet newspapers before dinner.

- But there are no other newspapers!

- So don't read any at all.

(c) The Heart of a Dog by M.Bulgakov (1925)