News Forum - Tourism official proposes payment solutions for Russians in Phuket

Thaiger

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Czar Putin was told sanctions would be imposed but not the level of them. What the world has put in place is destroying the Russian economy. Look at the value of the Ruble. Look at the Russian stock exchange being suspended in order to prevent massive sell offs. Look at the inflation rate.

Here. Let me throw you a bone princess. Educate yourself. You can thank me later.

The chilling effect of sanctions on Russia | Financial Times (ft.com)

Whatever, keep screwing the Russians in Phuket, while buying Putin's gas. 

I'm sure you will save many Ukrainian lives that way. 🙂

Putin must be scared shitless right now because of the sanctions (just like Hitler was back then). Hence why since the sanctions where put in place, "Putin hasn't continued murdering Ukrainian civilians at all".... (irony)

You live in la-la land.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Whatever, keep screwing the Russians in Phuket, while buying Putin's gas. 

I'm sure you will save many Ukrainian lives that way. 🙂

Putin must be scared shitless right now because of the sanctions (just like Hitler was back then). Hence why since the sanctions where put in place, "Putin hasn't continued murdering Ukrainian civilians at all".... (irony)

You live in la-la land.

I dont buy Czar Putins gas. I must also assume you simply refused to read the link I provided thus remain happily ignorant of reality. 

Hey if it makes you happy you carry on tiger. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I dont buy Czar Putins gas. I must also assume you simply refused to read the link I provided thus remain happily ignorant of reality. 

Hey if it makes you happy you carry on tiger. 

You said in a previous post you were old, I assume then you have a pension, your pension must be taxed at home, so part of your money goes to buy Putin's gas, which means you are indirectly financing the killing of Ukrainians 🙂

What were you saying? 

Edited by Sparktrader
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

You said in a previous post you were old, I assume then you have a pension, your pension must be taxed at home, so part of your money goes to buy Putin's gas, which means you are indirectly financing the killing of Ukrainians 🙂

What were you saying? 

The UK is not buying Czar Putins gas. Also gas companies in the UK are not state owned so none of my tax money would ever be going to them.

What I dont mind is my tax money being used to buy anti tank or anti aircraft missiles and shipped of to the Ukrainians.

So I suppose I am indirectly funding the killing of Czar Putins war machine 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

The UK is not buying Czar Putins gas. Also gas companies in the UK are not state owned so none of my tax money would ever be going to them.

What I dont mind is my tax money being used to buy anti tank or anti aircraft missiles and shipped of to the Ukrainians.

So I suppose I am indirectly funding the killing of Czar Putins war machine 🙂

You say that as if I was supporting Putin LOL. You're a bit clueless aren't you? 

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

You say that as if I was supporting Putin LOL. You're a bit clueless aren't you? 

Ah now you are reduced to simply posting insults.

Next.

• Like 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Ah now you are reduced to simply posting insults.

Next.

What insult? 

Calling you clueless when you're suggesting I support Putin. Well, then it's not an insult, you're clearly clueless.

On 3/12/2022 at 10:29 PM, Shark said:

that's how much he cares about the people. the world however fails to grasp that idea and simply think that every Russian supports him right since they voted for him *giggle*.

What the world does not understand (or pretends to not understand) is that Russia is a huge prison.

Prisoners cannot elect a prison director, right?

Absolutely the same, the "president election" in Russia is a total farce.

Russian people are not Putin's supporters, they are Putin's prisoners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2022 at 3:00 AM, Soidog said:

Do you think any of these Russian Tourists could have voted for Putin? If they did, then they are indirectly to blame. 

Do you know that in Russia they killed one of the main opposition leaders right at the wall of Kremlin and then tried to poison with "Novichok" another one?

Do you know that they throw into jails people for participating in peaceful meetings?

Do you know that we proved many times that Russian election results are totally falsified?

Then what "voting" are you talking about?

Putin is the most powerful criminal leader of the world, he has totally destroyed all democratic institutes in Russia, there is no elections in Russia any more, only stupid farce of impostors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

The UK is not buying Czar Putins gas.

Not true! It is just about 3 or 5%, but still it is from Russia. And it is LNG!

12 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

What the world does not understand (or pretends to not understand) is that Russia is a huge prison.

Prisoners cannot elect a prison director, right?

Absolutely the same, the "president election" in Russia is a total farce.

Russian people are not Putin's supporters, they are Putin's prisoners.

you're preaching to the choir here.  I'm well aware of the situation in Russia fact that I have a Russia wife helps and not being blind for any form of propoganda (either side).

Like stated I have friends in both, extended family in Russia of which neither choose this war and yet somehow the world is convinced that they should resolve it but when America entered Afghanistan or Iraq and left it in a far worse state then found nobody 'complained'.

I have my own opinion it for sure doesn't follow Murica's pink vision and also not Russians red one.

• Like 3

Hi, does anybody know what educational visa holders should do? Visa extensions are only granted to tourists in Phuket. How about those who are not in Phuket and has ED visa? The flights are not available, money is not available and visa is expiring. If I overstay, I have to pay fine and leave the country, both of which I can't do. I sent messages to the immigration bureau and ministry of tourism and received no replies (yet).

57 minutes ago, Nicole said:

Hi, does anybody know what educational visa holders should do? Visa extensions are only granted to tourists in Phuket. How about those who are not in Phuket and has ED visa? The flights are not available, money is not available and visa is expiring. If I overstay, I have to pay fine and leave the country, both of which I can't do. I sent messages to the immigration bureau and ministry of tourism and received no replies (yet).

visit a local immigration office as those are the only one's whom can help you depending on your case.

If you're in Phuket talk to Phuket Immigration, if you can't get the answer your looking for;

1. Consider using an agent (costs money);

2. Consider contacting your embassy.

3. Loan the money (for whatever solution you choose from here) from somebody but the question is what kind of collateral you've got to provide.

2 hours ago, Nicole said:

Sending messages isn't going to get much response.

Contact the Phuket Russian & Ukrainian support centre - 093 937 2086 or 094 819 1124

If going to immigration personally, consider speaking to the Phuket Immigration volunteers https://piv-phuket.com
Above all else, you should contact the Russian embassy to register your details. This situation is not going to get better.

4 hours ago, Nicole said:

Some good advice already given Nicole.
Even though you may no be in Phuket you can still contact the Phuket Russian & Ukrainian support centre - 093 937 2086 or 094 819 1124 and also contact your Ukrainian/Russian Embassy.

Thank you all very much. 

I visited the local immigration office and they gave me 7 days extension, which is going to end tomorrow. 

I visited two agents, they said they can't do anything about it because no documents from the government in our province, I have to leave before the day indicated in the passport.

I'll try Phuket organization, maybe they can help. 

On 3/13/2022 at 10:00 AM, Saltire said:

Didn't know Egypt was so popular with Ukranians.

Sharm el-Sheikh region is very popular with Ukrainians and Russians. I went there with my then wife for All Inclusive trip years ago.

Very reasonable price for 2. I think the operator was Tez Tour. All inclusive ncluded flight, visa, transfer to hotel, room, 3 meals, alcohol (not top shelf normally), etc. The operator would have a Russian or Ukrainian speaking Rep. there for situations. When we went there was some kind of war or hostilities in other region. Sharm kept very safe for tourism. Interestingly almost exclusively men work the resorts. Hardly any egyptian women. Egyptian guys are funny too, would like to tease the Slavic tourists calling them Mafia in English 😁 so the Russki didn't catch on.

Ukrainians love to travel out of the country (no surprise) with huge numbers of travelers every year. Ukraine was/is a hard country to exist in.

53 minutes ago, Raugh said:

Sharm el-Sheikh region is very popular with Ukrainians and Russians. I went there with my then wife for All Inclusive trip years ago.

Very reasonable price for 2. I think the operator was Tez Tour. All inclusive ncluded flight, visa, transfer to hotel, room, 3 meals, alcohol (not top shelf normally), etc. The operator would have a Russian or Ukrainian speaking Rep. there for situations. When we went there was some kind of war or hostilities in other region. Sharm kept very safe for tourism. Interestingly almost exclusively men work the resorts. Hardly any egyptian women. Egyptian guys are funny too, would like to tease the Slavic tourists calling them Mafia in English 😁 so the Russki didn't catch on.

Ukrainians love to travel out of the country (no surprise) with huge numbers of travelers every year. Ukraine was/is a hard country to exist in.

Thanks for that.

Yes the place I came accross the most Russians on holiday was on a trip around 20 years ago to Sanya on the Island of HaiNan. I and my Chinese wife were almost the only English speaking on the island. Everywhere there were Russian language schools for Chinese to learn Russian, which was a bit of a surprise as in Wuhan where we lived it was full of English language achools.

After taking Russian at High School I was pleasantly surprised I could communicate a little with them. A different Russia back then, all of them were just happy tourists. It is sickening what is happening today.

• Like 1