News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES: Meta permits hate speech; Turkey peace talks bear no fruit; Russian forces advance on Kyiv; US warns of Russian chemical attack

Thaiger

• Peace talks between Ukrainian and Russian foreign ministers in Turkey has ended without progress toward a ceasefire. Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba met Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov for the first high-level talks since Russian’s invasion began. Lavrov demanded Ukraine disarm and adopt a neutral position, which Kuleba said was liken to wanting a surrender. Despite not coming close to reaching a peace agreement, the two agreed to continue discussions. • Facebook and Instagram have changed their hate speech policy to “temporarily” allow calls for violence against Putin and Russian troops. According to internal emails, Meta Platforms will allow Facebook […]

The story UKRAINE UPDATES: Meta permits hate speech; Turkey peace talks bear no fruit; Russian forces advance on Kyiv; US warns of Russian chemical attack as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• I think I agree with Mr. Kuleba.

• What Facebook and Instagram allow and what happens to Chelsea FC is not really important in the grand picture.

• This bio/chemical line seems to be just a Russian stir - they never mentioned it before.

• Looks like the Russian convoy near Kyiv is mostly shot up!

• This European Union fast-track idea will not help the situation in the short-term.

• US aid to Ukraine is good. But what about F16s to Poland and MiGs to UA??

2 hours ago, Fester said:

• Looks like the Russian convoy near Kyiv is mostly shot up!

I wish you were right, but disbandment means that the convoy is dispersing into a siege formation (as happened to Kharkiv and Mariupol). It will be hard to get essential supplies in or people out when the Kyiv is surrounded and the shooting starts (I don't expect that the Russians will just cut of electricity and wait patiently). 

34 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

I wish you were right, but disbandment means that the convoy is dispersing into a siege formation (as happened to Kharkiv and Mariupol). It will be hard to get essential supplies in or people out when the Kyiv is surrounded and the shooting starts (I don't expect that the Russians will just cut of electricity and wait patiently). 

So do I. Much of the head of this column was attacked and damaged, at least. There are reports of dispersion and redeployment of elements of it but there is not consensus on how much of it is actually still intact and mobile.

Hopefully the UA can pick off more of these bits to stop too much serious damage in Kyiv.

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Lavrov demanded Ukraine disarm and adopt a neutral position,

So the bully picks on the smaller kid who puts up a fight the bully wasn't expecting who now demands the smaller kid stop fighting him now or in the future when the bully starts again .. 

So Meta allows hate speech to further the west's propaganda. But I think they will surely draw the line at really evil hate speech, stuff like make your voices heard "peacefully and patriotically". You know really dangerous words.

Just when I thought my loathing for censorious big tech was at maximum levels already!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Interesting but not surprising that the western social media allows "Hate Speech" in order to amass support for it's objectives. Google just censored Oliver Stone's Documentary "Ukraine on Fire"  so you can no longer find it through it's search engine. Here you can still find the complete Docu. https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/03/09/google-deletes-oliver-stone-documentary-ukraine-on-fire-western-government-and-nato-afraid-of-truth/#more-229553

• Like 1

Ukraine's Biolab. WHO advised Ukraine to destroy everything there. Here is a bit of more solid info why this subject is getting off the rail in the western media. Now they claim that Russia plans to use Bio Weapons against the Ukraine.

More to the facts:

https://www.israel365news.com/267261/pentagon-admits-to-running-bio-weapons-labs-in-ukraine-worried-theyll-fall-into-russian-hands/

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fester said:

So do I. Much of the head of this column was attacked and damaged, at least. There are reports of dispersion and redeployment of elements of it but there is not consensus on how much of it is actually still intact and mobile.

Hopefully the UA can pick off more of these bits to stop too much serious damage in Kyiv.

Convoy cannot move on or off the road so clearly can’t be “ dispersing “ or “ redeploying” …. Oh you mean turning off onto roads going away from Kyiv perhaps or reaching Kyiv via 30 km detour 🤣🤣

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

• Peace talks between Ukrainian and Russian foreign ministers in Turkey has ended without progress toward a ceasefire. Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba met Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov for the first high-level talks since Russian’s invasion began. Lavrov demanded Ukraine disarm and adopt a neutral position, which Kuleba said was liken to wanting a surrender. Despite not coming close to reaching a peace agreement, the two agreed to continue discussions. • Facebook and Instagram have changed their hate speech policy to “temporarily” allow calls for violence against Putin and Russian troops. According to internal emails, Meta Platforms will allow Facebook […]

The story UKRAINE UPDATES: Meta permits hate speech; Turkey peace talks bear no fruit; Russian forces advance on Kyiv; US warns of Russian chemical attack as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Facebook is Facebook. Forget “Meta”. Just as Burma is not really  “Myanmar”.

Let’s Stop accepting “rebranding” of bad organizations, designed to bury or gloss over previous sins. 

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Convoy cannot move on or off the road so clearly can’t be “ dispersing “ or “ redeploying” …. Oh you mean turning off onto roads going away from Kyiv perhaps or reaching Kyiv via 30 km detour 🤣🤣

Possibly yes. There were several reports. I didn't see any of them saying that they cannot move - at least those not damaged so far. 

WHO defuses claims of Chemical Weapons Thread.

EXCLUSIVE WHO says it advised Ukraine to destroy pathogens in health labs to prevent disease spread

March 11 (Reuters) - The World Health Organization advised Ukraine to destroy high-threat pathogens housed in the country's public health laboratories to prevent "any potential spills" that would spread disease among the population, the agency told Reuters.

Like many other countries, Ukraine has public health laboratories researching how to mitigate the threats of dangerous diseases affecting both animals and humans including, most recently, COVID-19. Its labs have received support from the United States, the European Union and the WHO.

full story here: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/exclusive-who-says-it-advised-ukraine-destroy-pathogens-health-labs-prevent-2022-03-11/