News Forum - Pattaya’s night life and entertainment is Booming! | GMT

Thaiger

We went to take a look for ourselves what Pattaya night life was like and it was BOOMING! The Tourism Authority of Thailand is preparing a plan to relax travel rules in line with the timeline to declare Covid-19 an endemic disease on July 1. Thailand Pass applicants are being warned about numerous scam emails from accounts posing as the Department of Consular Affairs. All these stories and more coming up on Good Morning Thailand with Jay, Tim and a Special Guest Adam Judd, co-owner of the Pattaya News.

The story Pattaya’s night life and entertainment is Booming! | GMT as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

We went to take a look for ourselves what Pattaya night life was like and it was BOOMING! The Tourism Authority of Thailand is preparing a plan to relax travel rules in line with the timeline to declare Covid-19 an endemic disease on July 1

No it’s not booming. Was there last week and a few places were “busy” but certainly not Booming 😂.

It’s a plan they are preparing and hence not prepared or approved. The relaxation of what? Not needing a piece of paper?  But still requiring a PCR before departure. PCR or Antigen on arrival. Special Covid Insurance. Proof of vaccination. And here’s me thinking the Thais know what the word relax means.  “A slight easing of requirements by July 1st” would be a better description! 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

No it’s not booming. Was there last week and a few places were “busy” but certainly not Booming 😂

I agree,  'booming' is a massive exaggeration.  The City is fairly quiet and its much easier to get around, shop, go to the beach etc. because of the lack of visitors and expats, bar perhaps some Thai holiday weekends. It's not the City it was, but in my view, as a none bar person,  it's a more pleasant place to be.  If this is the new Pattaya, then it gets my vote.  But I suspect that it will eventually return to the over crowded, traffic congested, Chinese tourist maxed out crap hole it was before, then I will have to avoid it, as I used to do.  

• Like 4

2,  yes 2 !!!   people on the whole of Pattaya beach last Friday!  That's hardly booming ! About 10 people in Mikes Shopping Mall. Soi Bukhao looked busy ,but the girls outnumbered customers about 2-1 on Friday presume  lots of weekender girls from BKK  Midweek very quiet /

I gauge the state of visitor numbers by attendance at my once very popular coffee shop.  Now, I never see more than 4 people in it at any one time and its been like that for near 2 years, It was once a lottery as to whether you could get a table at popular times of the week, now you can have as many tables as you like at at time. Booming?  most definitely no.  

• Like 1