News Forum - Ministry of Foreign Affairs donates 2 million baht for humanitarian assistance in Ukraine

Thaiger

Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs approved a budget of 2 million baht to provide humanitarian assistance in Ukraine in light of the ongoing conflict which continues to cause death, injuries and damage to infrastructure. So far, 230 out of 256 Thai people who wish to leave Ukraine have already been evacuated. MFA spokesperson Thani Saengrat told the press today that the Embassy of Ukraine in Thailand made a request for humanitarian assistance. The budget will be assigned to the Royal Thai Embassy in Warsaw, Poland which will buy supplies that will be delivered to people in the affected area by […]

The story Ministry of Foreign Affairs donates 2 million baht for humanitarian assistance in Ukraine as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

37 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs approved a budget of 2 million baht to provide humanitarian assistance in Ukraine in light of the ongoing conflict which continues to cause death, injuries and damage to infrastructure

Sorry, 2 million or 2 billion Baht? I just can't find my glasses right now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, Guest1 said:

Sorry, 2 million or 2 billion Baht? I just can't find my glasses right now!

Find em  quick !  You can outclass an entire  Nation by donating  errmm? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So so generous 😂😂

not like they don’t know the value of things. 3 Million baht insurance cover for many people in a particular visa. 800,000 baht in the bank for every foreigner on a Non-O wishing to extend for retirement. 

2 million baht. Totally embarrassing. I think the UK people recently fund raised £100m. That’s 4.3 BILLION baht 

• Like 7

Should have been less... but I understand nations are being asked to virtue signal their fake allegiance... lol. This world is so immoral, it's no wonder we have survived as long as we have as a species on this planet. 

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

8 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Should have been less... but I understand nations are being asked to virtue signal their fake allegiance... lol. This world is so immoral, it's no wonder we have survived as long as we have as a species on this planet. 

'Should have been less'? It could hardly have been less, but I take your VS point, @Freeduhdumb

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

'Should have been less'? It could hardly have been less, but I take your VS point, @Freeduhdumb

Yes... even less. It sends a clearer message that we the Thailand government understand that this entire Ukrainian thing is a ruse...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Yes... even less. It sends a clearer message that we the Thailand government understand that this entire Ukrainian thing is a ruse...

Please explain the ruse theory. Do you think the pictures coming out of Ukraine are CGI ? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

No nation wants you are any other Gangster and criminal like Putin!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Who is we?! Not talk for any Thai with your Russian passport!!

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Please explain the ruse theory. Do you think the pictures coming out of Ukraine are CGI ? 

What "pictures" are you looking at? The ones from the ongoing conflict since the West's coup de tat, regime change operation unseating the democratically elected leader of Ukraine? The ones that show the Ukraines now puppet regime failing to abide by the Minsk II accords? Do you really think the images your getting from either side are legit? There is an even more robust information war at play here... I don't believe any information from the "News" sources and if you are still listening to what we call MSM then you are a... $#&*($#($#( No really, you are a complete $#&)(#*$()U$()#*$()#

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, Freeduhdumb said:

What "pictures" are you looking at? The ones from the ongoing conflict since the West's coup de tat, regime change operation unseating the democratically elected leader of Ukraine? The ones that show the Ukraines now puppet regime failing to abide by the Minsk II accords? Do you really think the images your getting from either side are legit? There is an even more robust information war at play here... I don't believe any information from the "News" sources and if you are still listening to what we call MSM then you are a... $#&*($#($#( No really, you are a complete $#&)(#*$()U$()#*$()#

In 2019 Zelensky got 73% of the democratic vote. These were votes by normal Ukrainian people. I have no idea where you get the idea Zelensky is a puppet regime. What evidence do you have to prove what you say? I don’t believe any single news source (unlike the Russian people are being subjected to). Russia has invaded Ukraine and is now indiscriminately killing innocent men, women and children. Try convincing these people your unsubstantiated “theory” is true! 

1E644310-2AC5-4348-AE08-8CD9312C851A.jpeg

50E16575-F7D4-4512-8702-9C7294A8F71C.webp

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Soidog said:

In 2019 Zelensky got 73% of the democratic vote. These were votes by normal Ukrainian people. I have no idea where you get the idea Zelensky is a puppet regime. What evidence do you have to prove what you say? I don’t believe any single news source (unlike the Russian people are being subjected to). Russia has invaded Ukraine and is now indiscriminately killing innocent men, women and children. Try convincing these people your unsubstantiated “theory” is true! 

1E644310-2AC5-4348-AE08-8CD9312C851A.jpeg

50E16575-F7D4-4512-8702-9C7294A8F71C.webp

Those are so compelling... I stand corrected. 😂🤣😂 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

51 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Those are so compelling... I stand corrected. 😂🤣😂 

Looks like you don’t have time to debate this properly. Maybe you are late for your Flat Earth Society meeting. I understand. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs approved a budget of 2 million baht to provide humanitarian assistance in Ukraine

And Thailand Authority of Tourism has approved a budget of 4 million baht to support Russian Tourists? 🤨🤨🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Coup d'etat?  The last election was held with full public transparency and can be considered to have been more democractic than many western countries' method because it had a general election and then a run off election for the  2 top result earners. President Zelensky received 30% of the votes in the general election and then 73%+ of the votes in the runoff. The incumbent Poroshenko had 15% then 25%, This was with a 63% voter turnout.  Poroshenko accepted the result and is even out on the streets suppotying President Zelensky. He is not making accusation of coup d'etat.  The 2019 election was held with international monitors and there were no complaints made. The Ukrainian government is recognized as legal and legitimate.

I think maybe you just wish to  make trouble with claims of "conspiracy". There are live cameras showing tragedy ongoing. We see from respectable legitimate news sources what is happening.  2 million baht donationis an insult to everyone. Thailand was quick to stick hand out for money after Tsunami. Thailand also quick to ask for medical research money. The Japanese put this much in a week on some of their tropical disease  projects. maybe Thailand could offer to take in some of the  children and orphans if only for a few months. Better the kids can stay at some empty hotels in beach zones and recover from PTSD of Russian crimes against humanity.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Thailand was quick to stick hand out for money after Tsunami

If I can recall that right, "Thailand" (the government, Taksin at that time) was opposed to "sticking the hand out" for money . 

"Thaksin said: We do not want the world to think we have a bad economy and we can look after our own people." 

Probably not b/c  that was just a coast line +1k desaster, with a "full functioning country" behind, but because of face and knowing, where most of the money would land. Also trying to prevent to fill up the money bags of the political opponents.

Anyway, that did not stop people IN THAILAND, to ask for money for the "bad situation they were in after the tsunami". Lots of them quickly "found" money, for new motorcycles or cars or such. And I include expats there too. They had a better year after tsunami, by the looks of them, then in every year before and after that.

10 hours ago, Huckster said:

Lol that's around € 55000,- 😂
What a joke...

More accurate to call out as an insult to the people of Ukraine.

11 hours ago, Soidog said:

Looks like you don’t have time to debate this properly.

You said it...

Have you ever lived in Ukraine? Lived and worked in the Eastern Donbass? Do you have a clue about the history of Ukraine beyond this week's disingenous MSM outright lies? Unless you are there, or fully understand the conflict there... you simply cannot know what is actually happening there. There is a full on propaganda/information war going on, on both sides. 

<URL removed - please do not link to misinformation sites>

Edited by KaptainRob
Link removed
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

You said it...

Have you ever lived in Ukraine? Lived and worked in the Eastern Donbass? Do you have a clue about the history of Ukraine beyond this week's disingenous MSM outright lies? Unless you are there, or fully understand the conflict there... you simply cannot know what is actually happening there. There is a full on propaganda/information war going on, on both sides. 

https://dailyexpose.uk/2022/03/09/cheering-on-support-for-ukraine-realise-this/

Sorry but I don’t do conspiracy theories. Russia may well be able to limit and control what it’s people see. It’s state controlled media and tight controls over internet access means that can be successful. Impossible with the multitude of western news outlets and first hand account news reports. 

However, to indulge you a little further. No matter what was, or is going on in the Donbass, it doesn’t justify the all out war Putin is waging on the innocent people throughout Ukraine. If it’s so terrible then provide the evidence. Take it to the UN and present it. Call in Western independent media and let them report it. Even Russians are sickened by what this narcissistic animal Putin is doing. So should you be! Mind you, there were plenty of Hitler and Nazi sympathisers. So you’re going to get the odd one here. 

Finally, please don’t post links from total nut job fake news websites like Daily Expose. If that’s the level of proof you have then I’m not interested. It’s utter garbage. I’m done discussing this with you. 

• Like 2

Two million baht....less than one baht for each person who has so far managed to escape to neighbouring countries.

At the same time Govt. suggests hotels should reduce rates for Russian tourists effected by the collapse of their currency etc- shouldn't the Russian Embassy be providing assistance?