News Forum - Asia News Today | HK has worst Covid death rate in the world, new South Korean President

Thaiger

South Korea has a new President today after a nail-biting and often nasty campaign. Conservative Yoon Suk Yeol will be South Korea’s new president after Lee Jae-myung, from the ruling Democratic Party, conceded defeat last night. The opposition leader won 48.56% of the ballot, ahead of Lee’s 47.83%.Incumbent President Moon Jae-in was not permitted to run for a second term as South Korea’s presidency is a single term of five years. The unsuccessful candidate Lee has blamed himself for the defeat… saying… I would like to express my apologies to the many citizens of the country who have left their […]

The story Asia News Today | HK has worst Covid death rate in the world, new South Korean President as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is good news that the USA are advising the Americans not to come over. As they have a bad reputation for not paying for their tab at bars and restaurants this leaves the waitresses on 10 dollars a day to pay your meal bill bill. Imagine how you would feel having having to work a whole week without pay so some greedy bad mannered people can eat and drink for free. Most restaurants in Bangkok ask Americans for credit card before taking a order card return after payment if you do not like it they leave 

• Cool 1

4 hours ago, Poolie said:

2365 to date? What you can do with statistics, eh?😀

America 962K, yesterday 1810.

No contest.

Try this Poolie

30 minutes ago, Kindlyuuncle said:

This is good news that the USA are advising the Americans not to come over. As they have a bad reputation for not paying for their tab at bars and restaurants this leaves the waitresses on 10 dollars a day to pay your meal bill bill. Imagine how you would feel having having to work a whole week without pay so some greedy bad mannered people can eat and drink for free. Most restaurants in Bangkok ask Americans for credit card before taking a order card return after payment if you do not like it they leave 

Utter unsubstantiated nonsense. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kindlyuuncle said:

Why the hate for Americans? I would say they are among the friendliest and most courteous travelers. I think if a restaurant is going to target one nationality for “credit cards up front”, it ain’t gonna be Americans they single out. Just saying.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, BigHewer said:
1 hour ago, Kindlyuuncle said:

Why the hate for Americans? I would say they are among the friendliest and most courteous travelers. I think if a restaurant is going to target one nationality for “credit cards up front”, it ain’t gonna be Americans they single out. Just saying.

An uncanny debut post, though! I'm trying to decide whether @Kindlyuuncledeserves a welcome to the forum or not . . . a strange post, indeed 🤔!

But, always the positive thinker and having been a N Yorkshire cabinet-maker myself . . . Welcome to the forum, Kindlyuuncle! 

Edit: Added the welcome!

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

South Korea has a new President today after a nail-biting and often nasty campaign. Conservative Yoon Suk Yeol will be South Korea’s new president after Lee Jae-myung, from the ruling Democratic Party, conceded defeat last night. The opposition leader won 48.56% of the ballot, ahead of Lee’s 47.83%.Incumbent President Moon Jae-in was not permitted to run for a second term as South Korea’s presidency is a single term of five years. The unsuccessful candidate Lee has blamed himself for the defeat… saying… I would like to express my apologies to the many citizens of the country who have left their […]

The story Asia News Today | HK has worst Covid death rate in the world, new South Korean President as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Honk kong was the most hit area by the ccp including the ccp virus

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

2365 to date? What you can do with statistics, eh?😀

America 962K, yesterday 1810.

No contest.

So says the person that j St a couple of weeks ago claimed that Honk Kong had only 40 cases.... Two days later Carrie Lam made a statement about thousands of cases and hospitals being overwhelmed. Nobody cares what you say wumao

Edited by Tim_Melb
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Kindlyuuncle said:

Ask the Hong Kongers who they prefer the ccp virus and ccp scam or the Americans. The answer would clear everybody hates the gangsters from mainland China and the Ccp!

The crisis in Hong Kong was easily avoided. Unfortunately, the people most at risk are the least likely to be vaccinated against the illness. There were no vaccination programs  in elder care facilities.  Even  now, elderly people are still unlikely to be vaccinated with appropriate number of doses.  If they do not wish to be vaccinated, then they will slowly die. Sadly, Hong Kong should no longer waste resources on such people. They made their choice, now they must accept consequences.

• Cool 1

22 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Ask the Hong Kongers who they prefer the ccp virus and ccp scam or the Americans. The answer would clear everybody hates the gangsters from mainland China and the Ccp!

Agreed. Just one change. I think they would prefer to have remained a British colony or protectorate. 🇬🇧🇬🇧

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kindlyuuncle said:

Most restaurants in Bangkok ask Americans for credit card before taking a order card return after payment if you do not like it they leave

Fake news. What are you on about. Utter BS

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

26 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

So says the person that j St a couple of weeks ago claimed that Honk Kong had only 40 cases.... Two days later Carrie Lam made a statement about thousands of cases and hospitals being overwhelmed. Nobody cares what you say wumao

I know. I'm so sad............weep....argghh!! He called me a wumao as well, oh no! What am I to do? Sob...😁

That'd be before Omicron hit HK I shouldn't wonder.

By the way it's HONG KONG. Not Honk, that's a noise you make into a handkerchief whilst blowing your nose. 😄

Oh and there's a 'u' in 'just.' j St saying like. 😉

• Cool 1

58 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Honk kong was the most hit area by the ccp including the ccp virus

Gives the CCP a convenient and more than acceptable excuse to continue to expanding direct control over the functions of HK. A sceptic would wonder. 

• Like 1