News Forum - Thai woman says she narrowly escaped organ harvesting in Cambodia

Thaiger

A Thai woman alleges organ harvesters in Cambodia were about to cut her open, when she was rescued. The woman did not tell police who rescued her, or how. Thailand’s National Police Chief Lieutenant-General told Thai PBS the woman’s story as she told him. She said she was first lured into Cambodia to work illegally for a Chinese-operated call centre. When she arrived in the country and was told to work for the centre, she refused. She says she was then assaulted, detained, and left to starve. The woman says she managed to escape and hired a vehicle to get […]

The story Thai woman says she narrowly escaped organ harvesting in Cambodia as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I have the suspicion that somewhere along the line, my ex-gf must have had her brain surgically  removed by some unscrupulous gang 

• Haha 4

I use to live in Cambodia and once stayed in a really rural place near the border with Vietnam.. I remember that at around 7, 8 all the kids had to stay at home and stop playing outside.. when I asked why I was told about "the Chinese harvesters"

2 hours ago, Fluke said:

I have the suspicion that somewhere along the line, my ex-gf must have had her brain surgically  removed by some unscrupulous gang 

Seems like all exes might have that problem 😅

4 hours ago, Fluke said:

Don't you think that somewhere along the line, you changed heads back, for thinking, to before you met her? 🙊

5 hours ago, Cabra said:

What's even more incredible is how frequently this kind of thing happens.

' . . . how frequently this kind of thing happens'? . . . more like how frequently this sort of 'Oh, my gosh'  horror tale gets blown-up into a news thread . . . that's what's shockingly incredible! 😲

8 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

' . . . how frequently this kind of thing happens'? . . . more like how frequently this sort of 'Oh, my gosh'  horror tale gets blown-up into a news thread . . . that's what's shockingly incredible! 😲

Maybe. I was reacting to the section on the article saying that in 2007, the World Health Organisation estimated 10% of liver and kidney transplants were done with illicitly trade organs. Googling the topic leads me to believe it really is a more common occurrence than I was aware of

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A Thai woman alleges organ harvesters in Cambodia were about to cut her open, when she was rescued. The woman did not tell police who rescued her, or how. Thailand’s National Police Chief Lieutenant-General told Thai PBS the woman’s story as she told him. She said she was first lured into Cambodia to work illegally for a Chinese-operated call centre. When she arrived in the country and was told to work for the centre, she refused. She says she was then assaulted, detained, and left to starve. The woman says she managed to escape and hired a vehicle to get […]

The story Thai woman says she narrowly escaped organ harvesting in Cambodia as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I guess they were Chinese because organ harvesting is what is common in Xi China. They do it on Uighurs and refugees from North Korea and is reported from the survivals. There is no crime theses gangsters in or from Xi china wouldn't do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Maybe. I was reacting to the section on the article saying that in 2007, the World Health Organisation estimated 10% of liver and kidney transplants were done with illicitly trade organs. Googling the topic leads me to believe it really is a more common occurrence than I was aware of

Thanks for that, @Cabra. A pretty chilling picture, there!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Urban Myth with zero evidence

I don't think it's a myth but I agree there does seem to be a complete lack of evidence in this case. 

1 hour ago, Tim_Melb said:

I don't think it's a myth but I agree there does seem to be a complete lack of evidence in this case. 

In any case …although very possible happening in secret in advanced tyrannies

31 minutes ago, CamPat said:

A similar Story "The Chinese Blood Slave" was reported a short while ago. That one , too raised many questions on how credible the claim was:

https://www.sixthtone.com/news/1009791/cambodia-says-chinese-blood-slave-story-doesnt-hold-water

Not credible at all. It was declared a hoax back home:

Story about Chinese 'blood slave' in Cambodia found to be fabricated

Zhang Long
  16:54 UTC+8, 2022-03-01       
https://obj.shine.cn/files/2022/02/28/1a1ab1f7-7fb5-4554-859e-b54ac14e4bc1_0.jpg

The picture used in the extensive coverage of Li as he's under treatment in Bethune Cambodia China First Hospital in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

A spokesperson for the Chinese embassy in Cambodia said on Monday that the story of a Chinese man who was said to be lured to the country by an ad for a high-paying job and had his blood drawn by a fraudulent gang is actually a fabrication.

The embassy had been closely following the extensive coverage of the Chinese man surnamed Li, it said on its official Weibo account.

Cambodian police released its initial investigation of the case and determined the story is untrue.

Li actually smuggled himself into Cambodia and asked a local organization for help because of his poor liver condition. It helped him make up the story that he had been kidnapped and confined by a gang.

Li claimed his blood was drained seven times between June 2021 – when he was abducted to Sihanoukville Autonomous Port, the country's second-largest city – and February 2022, when he escaped from the gang, the embassy said in the statement.

The case has been handed over to Cambodia's judicial organizations.

The Chinese embassy said it will continue protecting the legal rights and safety of Chinese and Cambodian people while stepping up efforts to fight telemarketing scams targeting Chinese people.

https://obj.shine.cn/files/2022/02/28/c728aee7-2953-4b50-9e6a-f04484c4a777_0.jpg

The statement issued by the Chinese embassy in Cambodia

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Not credible at all. It was declared a hoax back home:

Story about Chinese 'blood slave' in Cambodia found to be fabricated

Zhang Long
  16:54 UTC+8, 2022-03-01       

The picture used in the extensive coverage of Li as he's under treatment in Bethune Cambodia China First Hospital in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

A spokesperson for the Chinese embassy in Cambodia said on Monday that the story of a Chinese man who was said to be lured to the country by an ad for a high-paying job and had his blood drawn by a fraudulent gang is actually a fabrication.

The embassy had been closely following the extensive coverage of the Chinese man surnamed Li, it said on its official Weibo account.

Cambodian police released its initial investigation of the case and determined the story is untrue.

Li actually smuggled himself into Cambodia and asked a local organization for help because of his poor liver condition. It helped him make up the story that he had been kidnapped and confined by a gang.

Li claimed his blood was drained seven times between June 2021 – when he was abducted to Sihanoukville Autonomous Port, the country's second-largest city – and February 2022, when he escaped from the gang, the embassy said in the statement.

The case has been handed over to Cambodia's judicial organizations.

The Chinese embassy said it will continue protecting the legal rights and safety of Chinese and Cambodian people while stepping up efforts to fight telemarketing scams targeting Chinese people.

The statement issued by the Chinese embassy in Cambodia

Oh well. If the Chinese said it wasn’t true….  And if the Cambodian Police with their strict adherence for transparency and low levels of corruption agreed, then who is anyone else to disagree

• Like 1

Joint major crackdown on illegal Thai migrants in Cambodia prevent people falling prey to call centre gangs in the works

source:https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501040284/joint-major-crackdown-on-illegal-thai-migrants-in-cambodia-prevent-people-falling-prey-to-call-centre-gangs-in-the-works/

One Fact seems to look like a red ribbon in all of these cases. All foreigners working at these Online Gambling, Extortion and Crime Centers run by chinese entered the country illegaly. Some have credible evidence they were actually smuggled by boat from China but most simply crossed the border voluntarily in search of a good , well paid job. I also believe that most of them did not know what kind of job, accomodation and condition they were facing once they got there.