News Forum - Number of calls increases, Thailand’s Covid hotline struggles to keep up

Thaiger

Since Covid-19 cases soared in recent weeks due to the highly infectious Omicron strain, the hotline has been getting around 40,000 and 70,000 calls each day, with inquiries requesting beds and medical treatment. Several people were unable to get through due to the huge volume of calls received each day and the lack of corresponding employees to meet the demands. The National Health Security Office has said it is committed to improving wait times on its 1330 hotline. “Even though the NHSO has asked people to work as volunteers replying to questions, there are still more incoming calls than they […]

The story Number of calls increases, Thailand’s Covid hotline struggles to keep up as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Need new leaders and yet some think they who are responsible for running the medical bureau here , a building

contractor in their previous career,are doing the best they can with all considering! 555

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

15 minutes ago, riclag said:

a building contractor

Shame shame shame  this man "Noo" (to his friends) 

Anutin has received the following royal decorations in the Honours System of Thailand:

(Think he is a very misunderstood poorly educated moron that probably bought his degree in engineering.)   just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Shame shame shame  this man "Noo" (to his friends) 

Anutin has received the following royal decorations in the Honours System of Thailand:

(Think he is a very misunderstood poorly educated moron that probably bought his degree in engineering.)   just my opinion.

The Thais like their decorations of ribbons,dont they. Thai Pomp!

Should have a ribbon for a successful medical hotline response management  and attach a stipend to it!

• Like 2

In the U.K , Omicron cases are rising .

Deaths and hospitilations are decreasing 

Everything is nearly back to normal and no ones really bothered about Covid anymore .

Thailand needs to move on from Covid as well 

• Like 4

This is the result of years of fear mongering and over stating the risks from covid.

The phone line should ask “are you over 65? Press 1” “do you have cancer diabetes or heart disease? press 2” “do you have difficulty breathing? Press 3” “None of the above? Hang up and call back if 3 changes”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JJJ said:

This is the result of years of fear mongering and over stating the risks from covid.

The phone line should ask “are you over 65? Press 1” “do you have cancer diabetes or heart disease? press 2” “do you have difficulty breathing? Press 3” “None of the above? Hang up and call back if 3 changes”

This ^^^^^^

You should read the total bollocks I’ve just read in the BKK Post about them planning on declaring Covid Endemic by July. Even for this lot, the words are truly incredulous. It’s not based on any science at all. It’s all about manipulation of the data to achieve what they have said will happen. Should get a few responses when it’s reported on here in the morning. Beyond words. Here’s a small extract:

Try to cap the number of daily cases 😂😂😂

24A79676-6BED-4E50-917A-9DFED1F3E852.jpeg

• Like 1

I will not call them even I am positive on Day 5 for ATK test, I will keep testing every 2 hours with a saline solution around my nasal until I get negative. If it does not work for the rest of the day/night, I will just isolate for 5 days & retest again.

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

You should read the total bollocks I’ve just read in the BKK Post about them planning on declaring Covid Endemic by July. Even for this lot, the words are truly incredulous. It’s not based on any science at all. It’s all about manipulation of the data to achieve what they have said will happen. Should get a few responses when it’s reported on here in the morning. Beyond words. Here’s a small extract:

Try to cap the number of daily cases 😂😂😂

24A79676-6BED-4E50-917A-9DFED1F3E852.jpeg

Good resource you got there, so when do you think they will scrap the Day 1 PCR test on quarantine? I don't care about the Thai Pass, COVID-19 Insurance & PCR Test within 72 hours of departure to Thailand.

its obvious as cases have never climbed that the figures are being kept down, yet at the same time on this website apparently the covid helpline can't cope with its caseload. I presume countries all round the world are doing this, the UK famously is doing away with free testing kits, last time i  checked last week they still have 200 odd deaths a day, endemic means ignore it and get back to business. Which is what they should have done in the first place instead of mass hysteria, but now they have a nice post covid financial crisis to keep them busy and people worried again.

2 hours ago, alex12345 said:

its obvious as cases have never climbed that the figures are being kept down, yet at the same time on this website apparently the covid helpline can't cope with its caseload. I presume countries all round the world are doing this, the UK famously is doing away with free testing kits, last time i  checked last week they still have 200 odd deaths a day, endemic means ignore it and get back to business. Which is what they should have done in the first place instead of mass hysteria, but now they have a nice post covid financial crisis to keep them busy and people worried again.

Yes it is very obvious, it is happening here as everywhere else, no restrictions can stop it and at the end, as long as vulnerable people are taken care of, it is a good thing. Where I am for example, I know so many who definitely had covid, including myself (well there goes my "third dose", not Pfizer, not AZ, but Omicron), the last few weeks. And obviously that does not take into account all the others who got infected with the virus sars-cov-2 without any symptom...well without covid. I do not know a single person who ended up in hospital, like myself all symptoms are literally the same, fever the first day, a cold for a few days, very tired for some days, and off you go. As JJJ mentioned it above too, the ones calling the covid hotline are the result of 2 years of fearmonging, simple as that. But I am convinced that they are far more people in Thailand who are no so scared anymore, who do not care anymore (I know quite a few myself), and do all over the Thailand as we are doing here where I am without calling the covid hotline.

Even the Vaccine God Bill Gates has said that Omicron is doing a far better job than the vaccines. Although that seems to make him "sad"....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ace035 said:

Good resource you got there, so when do you think they will scrap the Day 1 PCR test on quarantine? I don't care about the Thai Pass, COVID-19 Insurance & PCR Test within 72 hours of departure to Thailand.

It a screenshot from the Bangkok Post. I’m sure the Thaiger will pick it up later today?

Your guess is as good as mine as to when the PCR on arrival will be scrapped. You would assume that will be on or before the date they claim Covid as Endemic?  My guess would be some time in late May or June? 

16 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Since Covid-19 cases soared in recent weeks due to the highly infectious Omicron strain, the hotline has been getting around 40,000 and 70,000 calls each day, with inquiries requesting beds and medical treatment. Several people were unable to get through due to the huge volume of calls received each day and the lack of corresponding employees to meet the demands.

And the TAT cannot get Indians here fast enough. The gods of call centres. Oh sorry, they want them here as tourists ….. 😉