News Forum - Ambassador says Thailand must adapt tourism for Russians in current crisis

Thaiger

3 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Ok I agree the Thai's shoud first look to the Russian government to take care of its own citizens.  However if they refuse, it is still Thailand that is "stuck" with the problem.  If Thailand pays the cost to fly these people home, there is first the issue of is that possible.  If it is, then you can ask the Russians to compensate Thailand for its expense. If they refuse, then Thailand has a decision to make.  Do they wish to potentially alienate Thailand with Russia and lose future Russian tourists, or do they wish to just suck it up and pay to get rid of the problem. 

Exactly. I still feel the best option is for Thailand to try to make the repatriation flights and request (demand) reimbursement of the Russian government. If not, then as you say, suck it up. I’m not sure how many Russians are stuck in Thailand as tourists and wishing to go home? I’m sure if I was Russian I would find ways to get a flight home, even if it was via China. 

• Like 2

This guy is 💯 🍑 🤡 how about  #adoptarussian 🤣 better yet put them all on a VTL to India or China. Just waiting for the rash of GoFundMe campaigns 🙄 Coming soon

• Haha 3

Just a thought:

those Russians in Thailand have a better view of what is happening in Ukraine thanks to Putin and the Russian army than their fellow countrymen in Russia closed from te same news sources and having to rely to censured official Russian bulletins.

you think they spread this news to their family and friends in Russia?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vigo said:

China has strict entry requirements in respect to Covid screening and testing. Unlike Thailand which has the issue with infected Russians arriving, China keeps them out.

Keeps the covid out or the russians? Both can be bad for your health ask anyone in Ukraine.🤣

repatriation by air, land or sea is close to impossible at this time for many reasons.

the thai government has kindly offered to extend visas to keep visitors legal.that really should be the limit of thai government involvement

the russian embassy should deal with their citizens in thailand who are in need of financial assistance.

Edited by Cathat
  • Like 4

If the Thailand ambassador commits to helping out Russia in its so called self inflicted time of need, he should think again, siding with a mad Russian dictator intent on committing genocide would be a very bad move, there are more tourists that travel to Thailand in the whole of Europe than in Russia, that’s a lot of revenue to piss off. 

• Like 4

Maybe the Thai Ambassador should promote Thailands medical abilities as a destination of choice  . 

With all the inured people caused by bombing and the soldiers with injuries from battle , the ambassador should promote Thailand as a medical hub . 

"Have you just be blown up by a Russian bomb , come to Thailand where we have hot weather, World class hospitals and cheap street food and Temples where you can buy amulets to stop you getting blown up again when you go home  "

• Haha 1

How much other visitors will avoid Thailand due to at Russians are as " favorites" visitors ...not good signals for other travellers...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Alavan said:

Agree, maybe ask every tourist his yearly income and stipulate the prices accordingly

Ask everybody not just tourists. Let's see how we'll that sits with the HiSos

13 hours ago, Cathat said:

repatriation by air, land or sea is close to impossible at this time for many reasons.

the thai government has kindly offered to extend visas to keep visitors legal.that really should be the limit of thai government involvement

the russian embassy should deal with their citizens in thailand who are in need of financial assistance.

So the Russian government  goes into Ukraine destroying peoples life, their homes killing their families for NO apparent reason and the Thai government  talks about helping the Russians and NEVER mentions a word about any help to Ukraine citizens, in my opinion that is really screwed up, Thai government should be ASHAMED of themselves for even thinking about this, I say pack up the russian's and send them to a refugee camp just like the Ukraine citizens are having to sleep in.  

• Like 3

It is lunacy to suggest this is a thai problem or that they should even get involved - I have yet to see any russians sat outside 7-11 begging for pot noodle contributions. No-one is starving here.

If their is a volcanic eruption, a terrorist incident, or airlines go bust leaving people stranded, it is always the respective countries embassies that co-ordinate the response so apart from not wishing to pass up an opportunity to blow smoke up shortarse Putins arse, what's different here ?

However if the Thais do want to help and back the losing side when the rest of the world is going in the opposite direction, then assess the cost, get it underwritten by the russian embassy and not lift a finger until this is done. Putin is only going to be bought down by his own people and the more of them that are left in the shit/have their lives turned upside down due to his inhumanity the sooner that will happen. Cruel to be kind.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

Best move, Thailand simply needs to provide free airfare back to Russia via China.  China is Russia's ally. Let China deal with them.  If they don't want to go too bad, they go!  This is Putin's problem he created.  If they don't like Putin then it is up to them to fix the problem. They need to take responsibility for their own country.

So while the rest of the world is putting sanctions on Russians, Thailand wants to HELP Russians??? WOW! Whatever happened to standing with Ukraine against an oppressive megalomaniac dictator, who is targeting and killing innocent civilians in a soveriegn country. That's appalling Thailand. Do better!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cathat said:

That’s interesting. Why is it close to impossible to fly repatriation flights in to Russia? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

That’s interesting. Why is it close to impossible to fly repatriation flights in to Russia? 

Because aeroflot have suspended all international services except to belarus at present and the major western manufacturers have also withdrawn product support for all the aircraft they have built.that's about 500 russian registered aircraft that are now technically paper weights.few international carriers are maintaining russian services at present and if you look at flight radar very few are even routeing through russian airspace also at present.

Only way I see to ship em back is either evacuation flights on russian built aircraft or indirect routeing,china still has flights operating to russia so that is probably the best option if the chinese are willing to help out.however you look at it shipping them home at present will not be cheap or easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cathat said:

Because aeroflot have suspended all international services except to belarus at present and the major western manufacturers have also withdrawn product support for all the aircraft they have built.that's about 500 russian registered aircraft that are now technically paper weights.few international carriers are maintaining russian services at present and if you look at flight radar very few are even routeing through russian airspace also at present.

Only way I see to ship em back is either evacuation flights on russian built aircraft or indirect routeing,china still has flights operating to russia so that is probably the best option if the chinese are willing to help out.however you look at it shipping them home at present will not be cheap or easy.

Agree that Aeroflot is not flying, but there must be other airlines flying beeen BKK and Moscow with a transit airport.

Istambul

UAE?

India?

China/Hong Kong?

Maybe Singapore?

Maybe Laos/Cambodja/Vietnam…

I certainly aren’t going to google what is possible, but if I had to fly from Thailand to Moscow I would know where to look

1 hour ago, Cathat said:

Wow. I didn’t think about the consequences of other companies withdrawing support or manufacturers withholding spares. These Russians will hopefully see that in reality, they are still a 3rd world country with lots of money a a handful of oligarchs bank accounts

52 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Wow. I didn’t think about the consequences of other companies withdrawing support or manufacturers withholding spares. These Russians will hopefully see that in reality, they are still a 3rd world country with lots of money a a handful of oligarchs bank accounts

It's a lot worse than not just providing spare parts.

They can not update the navigation databases and to knowingly operate an aircraft with out of date charts is a big no no.

Most of those aircraft are leased out of Dublin and the leasing and insurance companies have forbidden them to fly.

If any of them show up outside russia they will be seized in a heartbeat.

Edited by Cathat

3 minutes ago, Cathat said:

It's a lot worse than not just providing spare parts.

They can not update the navigation databases and to knowingly operate an aircraft with out of date charts is a big no no.

Most of those aircraft are leased out of Dublin and the leasing and insurance companies have forbidden them to fly.

If any of them show up outside russia they will be seized in a heartbeat.

Amazing. Great insight mate. I love posts like this where you actually learn something new. Keep posting them 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

Agree that Aeroflot is not flying, but there must be other airlines flying beeen BKK and Moscow with a transit airport.

Istambul

UAE?

India?

China/Hong Kong?

Maybe Singapore?

Maybe Laos/Cambodja/Vietnam…

I certainly aren’t going to google what is possible, but if I had to fly from Thailand to Moscow I would know where to look

Just did a google search and Qatar are flying the route BKK to Moscow , rather expensive though , 

14 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Just did a google search and Qatar are flying the route BKK to Moscow , rather expensive though , 

I am certain Turkish airlines is also flying.

7 minutes ago, Alavan said:

I am certain Turkish airlines is also flying.

It's not impossible but is very expensive.think of an average family of 4 on pre paid package tour with just spending money for their holiday.the roubles cash they have are now worth next to nothing and their credit cards are being declined.many of them must be in that type of situation in thailand and many other places.i think the russian consulate should sort them out.

Question

Is it Muslim Hypocrisy ?

Are the Massage Girls certified Halal???

Are the Bar girls Halal?

Alcahol illegal in their religion and so is Massage by What they call Infidels??

They make their families wear Hijabs and then send them back to Hotels while they visit Bars and Perverted on women??

Hypoctites

CURRENT CRISIS - Yeah, the current crisis they started.  Thailand has to do NOTHING, the Russian Government needs to step up and we all know that's not going to happen...