News Forum - Body of dead baby with children’s toys found in freezer at Chiang Mai home

Thaiger

The body of a baby has been found in a freezer at a home in Chiang Mai along with children’s toys. The baby was stillborn and a report from the Bangkok Post says police suspect the father put the body in the freezer more than a year ago. A man cleaning and renovating his 83 year old mother’s house found the frozen corpse wrapped in a yellow cloth in the freezer. Children’s toys were also found in the freezer. Reports say he later found out the baby was his 24 year old stepson’s child, who was identified in Post as […]

The story Body of dead baby with children’s toys found in freezer at Chiang Mai home as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

OMFG!!! Why is this world full of so many sick-minded individuals!? No small wonder why I hate the human race SOOOOOOOooooooooo much!!!

The sickness in their minds could have been drug related hence their reluctance to go to the hospital/cops and also the storing of the corpse in the freezer. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Whatever the reasons or background, still very difficult to find any justification!

Maybe rang Bangkok covid help line (and got through) and were told to isolate 

Preserving the corpse and providing it with earthly possessions is rare (and illegal) nowadays but was once popular: it's sort of a modern, low-budget version of an Egyptian burial.

19 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Whatever the reasons or background, still very difficult to find any justification!

I wasn’t justifying anything. Just saying that this is the act of people that were not right in the head. We all know the most common cause of mental illness in Thailand. Drugs or holding political office. 

You're all a bit heartless here. I don't understand, why they put that guy in jail. He needs psychological help, but jail is cheaper, I guess. And he was mourning about the stillborn baby. Sometimes people do the strangest things while mourning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frimu said:

You're all a bit heartless here. I don't understand, why they put that guy in jail. He needs psychological help, but jail is cheaper, I guess. And he was mourning about the stillborn baby. Sometimes people do the strangest things while mourning.

You didn’t read the article did you? The cops didn’t put him in jail for this. He and the baby’s mother were already in jail for theft AFTER they stuck the corpse in the freezer. 

• Like 1

I can understand their reasoning .

They had a still born Child , born not alive .

Rather than burning the body immediately , they kept the body frozen and would deal with the situation at a later date .

They then both got jailed and the situation remained the same .

I am not suggested what they did was correct or right . 

But I do have sympathies for Parents of a still born Child .

A choice of either burning the body or keeping the body frozen at home .

I do hope that none of us are ever put in that situation 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

I can understand their reasoning .

They had a still born Child , born not alive .

Rather than burning the body immediately , they kept the body frozen and would deal with the situation at a later date .

They then both got jailed and the situation remained the same .

I am not suggested what they did was correct or right . 

But I do have sympathies for Parents of a still born Child .

A choice of either burning the body or keeping the body frozen at home .

I do hope that none of us are ever put in that situation 

Fully agree ! Emotional reaction at a moment in time that was not actually irrational but in the longer term compromised by other  life events.

In reality there was no evidence of disrespect to the  infant (quite the opposite...toys  ) .

Cadavers in Hospitals receive less  such.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fanta said:

I wasn’t justifying anything. Just saying that this is the act of people that were not right in the head. We all know the most common cause of mental illness in Thailand. Drugs or holding political office. 

The problem seems to have arose from the cost of the cremation .

The funeral would have cost 5000 Baht and the Father said that he would take care of the funeral and cost , seems like there was a problem with the money involved .

It seems to be a financial issue, rather than a mental issue